PDA

View Full Version : Ski in Lexington, KY?

Ski_Fan
08-07-2008, 04:06 AM
I moved to Lexington, KY 3 months ago and have not been able to find Ski here yet. I've been driving an hour or so to get it and would much rather find some here in town. Does anyone know of locations here that carry Ski?
Thanks.

Dumas Walker
08-12-2008, 06:55 PM
I have looked in various places in and near Lexington and never have found it.

Where were you able to find it an hour from there? I've found it over 2 hours away, but was going West.

I suspect it might be available in Harrodsburg or Danville, but it has been quite a while since I've been that way to look. I know it is available further South of those cities, along US 127. I've also heard that it might be available Northeast of Lexington, along or near US 68. Once upon a time, I know it was in Maysville.

Ski_Fan
08-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Dumas,
Right now, I drive to just south of Danville to get my Ski.
There are two stores that carry Ski about 3-4 miles south of Danville just past Junction City. Once you go through the stop light at Junction City, about one mile past is a Marathon station on the right that has Ski. Another couple of miles past that is a BP on the left that also carries them.

I emailed the Ski/Double Cola offices in Chattanooga and they referred me to Elizabethtown Marketing and Distributing for Lexington locations. I called Elizabethtown M&D and finally got one person who said that Ski was available here in Lexington but he wasn't sure where! He would have to check with his salesman. Since then, I've not even been able to get anyone back on the phone.

Perhaps if some others called, we could get an answer. The number is: 270-737-2344.

fusion
08-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Just a thought - maybe you could make friends with an indie grocery store or convenience store that carries other Elizabethtown products and ask them to order you some Ski?

Their bevnet profile says they also distribute Faygo/Ripit, Bawls, Stewarts, Jolt and Jones - though not all brands in all areas.

BevNET Company Directory: ELIZABETHTOWN MARKETING and DISTRIBUTING (http://www.bevnet.com/companies/listing/ELIZABETHTOWN_MARKETING_and_DISTRIBUTING)

I know Ennis Coke in Elizabethtown carries Ski - though I can't remember if they have it in Bardstown (I was last there in 2005, when the Wal-Mart was new). But that's still a good hour's drive.

Dumas Walker
09-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Ski_Fan,
Did you ever get an answer?

By accident, I found it in Millersburg this weekend. I stopped for gas at the Millersburg 1st Stop, and found it in 20 oz. plastic bottles in the refrigerator case along with the Dad's Root Beer products. Not sure if there is a distribution tie-in there or not.

I looked around the store some, and didn't see any in 2 litres or cans, just the 20 oz. bottles. Since it is there, I wonder if it is in Paris anywhere? I was running behind and didn't get a chance to make any more stops to check.

If your curious, Millersburg is about 30 minutes North of Lexington on US68, just 5-10 minutes North of Paris. The 1st Stop is a gas station on the left, right as you leave downtown Millersburg (1135 Main Street, if my receipt is correct).