PDA

View Full Version : Cott soda?

skylark68
08-11-2008, 02:38 PM
I recently went to Sam's Club with my wife and noticed a 24 pack of Cott soda in 20 oz. plastic bottles. The packaging stated that it was HFCS free and the label on the bottle indicated sucrose. I was wondering what Cott soda tasted like (is it close to RC or Pepsi or ?). I've never seen it before in the Houston area but didn't want to buy such a large amount until i knew if it was any good. The fact that it doesn't have HFCS is appealing.

mjb1124
08-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Cott is mostly known for making store-brand sodas, and their products tend to be cheap, second-rate imitations of other companies' products. But I haven't tried these cane sugar sodas, and they might be better than typical Cott product for all I know. I'd say give them a shot and judge for yourself.

drpep
08-11-2008, 08:47 PM
I'd say RC.

fusion
08-11-2008, 09:28 PM
If it's the same formula as the longnecks Wal-Mart had a few years ago, don't bother. That stuff was junk.

skylark68
08-12-2008, 11:13 AM
If it's the same formula as the longnecks Wal-Mart had a few years ago, don't bother. That stuff was junk.

I imagine being at a related store it's probably the same formula. I haven't seen it being sold anywhere else in the Houston area. Thanks for all of the advice. My wife doesn't drink soda so it would be hard to buy a 24 pack of something that i don't end up caring much for.