PDA

View Full Version : AMP energy shots..

lordmadone
08-23-2008, 04:17 PM
learned about us(PBG) in the works to distribute them about a few weeks ago..anyone seen them or tried them yet?

Supra TT
08-24-2008, 11:58 AM
No not yet, everyone now is competing for counter space. NOS, Rockstar, Monster, 5hr energy etc.

Yugh
08-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Wow so the new fad is energy shots?

ehinkes
08-25-2008, 11:54 AM
What's next. Once shots fade what's the next frontier. We've done powder, coffee, and juice.

Mr Zabe
08-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Intravenous ED boosters with permanent injection ports. LOL
I still maintain that the ED market is just a fad.

scum1
08-25-2008, 08:56 PM
I just hope Monster and Amp make a real shot. The Nos shot was sub par.

ehinkes
08-26-2008, 11:45 AM
I did a little research and it seems like the Monster one is going to be in a 3 ounce can. I could be wrong, but that appears to be the plan.

Supra TT
08-26-2008, 06:13 PM
I just hope Monster and Amp make a real shot. The Nos shot was sub par.

Why is that? Taste is not so great, but it does the job...very well

greg
08-27-2008, 10:07 AM
Intravenous ED boosters with permanent injection ports. LOL
I still maintain that the ED market is just a fad.

Wearing your pants backwards was a fad....
Men wearing Clogs was a fad.....
Cramming as many people you could in a phone booth was a fad.....
Hair Bands were a fad......
A mutli billion worldwide drink category that is maintained as a bearer of energy in overworked, over stressed, under timed adults is not a fad!

jetset
08-27-2008, 11:11 AM
I did a little research and it seems like the Monster one is going to be in a 3 ounce can. I could be wrong, but that appears to be the plan.

Monster's shot is in a package similar to NOS or Rockstar but 3oz format so it will be a bit 'fatter' than the other two. They are also going to call it Hitman and they briefly mentioned it during they recent earnings call.

jetset
08-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Wearing your pants backwards was a fad....
Men wearing Clogs was a fad.....
Cramming as many people you could in a phone booth was a fad.....
Hair Bands were a fad......
A mutli billion worldwide drink category that is maintained as a bearer of energy in overworked, over stressed, under timed adults is not a fad!

Greg- I couldn't agree more. To call energy drinks a fad, one would have to assume that they would have fizzled out several years ago - while the growth of the category isn't as huge as it was a couple years ago, it isn't realistic to assume you can achieve that type of growth year after year on a category as large as energy drinks.

ehinkes
08-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Thanks Jetset. Do you know what the shot will be flavored like? What will Rockstars be called?

jetset
08-27-2008, 12:13 PM
From what I know, Rockstar's shot will be just Rockstar Energy Shot with similar graphics to the canned product. Monsters shot is unique in flavor and is in line with their brand of being unique and compelling without being able to place an exact name on the flavor.

Mr Zabe
08-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Greg- I couldn't agree more. To call energy drinks a fad, one would have to assume that they would have fizzled out several years ago - while the growth of the category isn't as huge as it was a couple years ago, it isn't realistic to assume you can achieve that type of growth year after year on a category as large as energy drinks. I should have said that IMO the
energy drink catagory will remain a very small segment of the drink/soft drink category. Here is
an informative link that reviews ED's from a nutritional point of view. :) Peace out.

Energy Drinks:The Fads and the Facts (http://www.ific.org/foodinsight/2008/jf/energydrinksfi108.cfm)

greg
08-27-2008, 03:57 PM
I should have said that IMO the
energy drink catagory will remain a very small segment of the drink/soft drink category. Here is
an informative link that reviews ED's from a nutritional point of view. :) Peace out.

Energy Drinks:The Fads and the Facts (http://www.ific.org/foodinsight/2008/jf/energydrinksfi108.cfm)

Mr. Zabe, Respectfully, we have been down this road before my old friend.
Sure the ED category is a small segment in terms of overall volume, however, the profit is in the ED. Mere pennies are made on a case of soda and DOLLARS are made on a case of ED's for both the manufacturer as well as the retailer.
I would rather roll 10 cases of EDs into a store and get paid on that then roll 100 cases of soda.

boodoo
08-27-2008, 04:19 PM
Most likely the bottle shape is due to manufacturing. It has a little lip just under the cap...like 20oz bottles. That lip is used by the filler on 20oz so it probably is the same on Hit Man. I didn't like the graphics.

ehinkes
08-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Thanks. I definitely can't wait to try these. Shots have been growing on me recently although there are some really bad ones and some really good ones. I'm guessing the Monster is going to be really good and the Rockstar average.

scum1
08-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Why is that? Taste is not so great, but it does the job...very well

Really with only 125 mg of caffeine and not a whole lot of B vitamins or Taurine it is a bit on the weak side. Many other shots have 200 mg of caffeine or more. I suggest you try Redline Power rush, Mini thin rush, Peptime, zantrex-3, and Spike also has a shot( I still have not go a hold of one though). Nos looks the best but for the aggressive look it is powered more like a 5 hour or NRG shot which is a whole different market.

jetset
08-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Most likely the bottle shape is due to manufacturing. It has a little lip just under the cap...like 20oz bottles. That lip is used by the filler on 20oz so it probably is the same on Hit Man. I didn't like the graphics.

Boodoo - where did you see the graphics??

NRGSLLR@
08-28-2008, 01:34 PM
What's next. Once shots fade what's the next frontier. We've done powder, coffee, and juice.

We've also seen Beer, Candy, and Potato Chips. Is any thing un touched? I suppose Cigarettes and Snuff are next.

scum1
08-28-2008, 04:56 PM
Energy meat and veggies! I'll have the rocket ribeye and the caffeinated yams along with a lettuce wedge salad topped with caffeinated croutons and guarana dressing. For desert i'll have the caffeine creme brule and coffee.

We've also seen Beer, Candy, and Potato Chips. Is any thing un touched? I suppose Cigarettes and Snuff are next.

jetset
08-29-2008, 08:10 AM
I honestly think that is the near future we will have a huge percentage of the population that are desensitized to caffeine.

scum1
09-01-2008, 03:30 PM
I just posted the logo for Monster Hitman on my website if your interested in seeing it

ehinkes
09-13-2008, 12:41 PM
I just found the Rockstar shot and posted a review. Will try and get a better pic up soon.

lordmadone
09-13-2008, 02:33 PM
cool..two interesting reviews..never tried out the energy shots myself..I might need to get into it.