PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Pilot Co-packer

rahuljaswa
08-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to get a little help finding a pilot co-packer for my beverage company. Does my co-packer needed to be located nearby my office location? I am thinking that at least initially that would be helpful so that I can go and oversee operation and have my graphic designer make sure that the labels are being produced correctly, etc., but I haven't done this before so please let me know what you all have done in the past/have heard of people doing.

By the way, i'm located in California. Thanks so much for your help!
Rahul

Joey
08-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Can you tell us more about what type of beverage it is, packaging it's in, and wether or not it's hot-fill, cold-fill, retort or aseptic? Do you use an adhesive labels, paper, or shrink sleeve? What size run are you looking to do? It will be hard for anyone to steer you in the right direction without knowing more about your product.

rahuljaswa
09-23-2008, 04:35 AM
Hi again,

It is a line of single-serving "double shot" sized (approx 4.5oz) drinks. Still working on bottle design, but it will need to be plastic. Cold fill drinks (they all have different fruit/vegetable bases). It will be either adhesive label or shrink wrap, and for the very first run probably not more than a few hundred, and then quickly scale up drastically as soon as we've fine tuned things to meet consumer preferences in the phase.

Thanks for your help!
Rahul