PDA

View Full Version : Is Monster going international?

Happy
08-29-2008, 12:16 PM
After all of the success they have had here in the US, is Monster ever going to take on Red Bull outside of the USA (and Mexico and Canada)? When will it be available in Europe?

jetset
08-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Yes, I believe they are already in several countries in Europe and are likely looking to expand.

greg
08-29-2008, 04:38 PM
The AB/INBEV deal that seems to be almost finished may be a way for Hansens/Monster to work their way around the World. I am sure that InBev, even though they have a lot of Coke Bottlers in Europe will need a ED in some markets.
I guess that Hansens has already had talks with InBev about the Monster brand staying in the portfolio. Considering that a report out today said that CSD sales were down and that ED sales are growing, however minimully, that money to pay for the deal will be needed and it will come form the Beer and the ED's. Time will tell if this will happen.

Jay01
09-02-2008, 06:11 AM
Monster is now available in the UK, Spain and Sweden:

Monster Energy nu i Sverige! « (http://monsterfinance.wordpress.com/2008/08/29/monster-energy-nu-i-sverige/)

greg
09-03-2008, 09:37 AM
The AB/INBEV deal that seems to be almost finished may be a way for Hansens/Monster to work their way around the World. I am sure that InBev, even though they have a lot of Coke Bottlers in Europe will need a ED in some markets.
I guess that Hansens has already had talks with InBev about the Monster brand staying in the portfolio. Considering that a report out today said that CSD sales were down and that ED sales are growing, however minimully, that money to pay for the deal will be needed and it will come form the Beer and the ED's. Time will tell if this will happen.

Here is something to ad to my discussion from an article out today.

Belgian InBev’s $52 billion takeover of A-B won’t impact Hansen “given the strongly profitable economics of the current relationship for both A-B and its distributor partners,” wrote Stifel Nicolaus analysts Mark Astrachan and Mark Swartzbeg in a June note to investors. “We believe A-B currently receives an approximately $1 per case commission from Hansen (about $40 million in total), an amount which is very high margin. Given commissions margins are likely well in excess of overall A-B margins, we believe it is unlikely that InBev would look to discontinue the relationship, especially considering its traditional focus on margin expansion. Further, in the event of a deal, we believe Hansen could potentially increase its international presence by leveraging InBev’s strength in Latin America and Europe.”

greg
09-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Here is another good article about Monster as well as Rockstar making a huge International push. By the article it seems as though Rockstar has an edge already.

Energy Drinks Are a Business, Not an Empire - Seeking Alpha (http://seekingalpha.com/article/94629-energy-drinks-are-a-business-not-an-empire?source=yahoo)