PDA

View Full Version : Question about Energy Drinks stats

emptyfree
08-31-2008, 06:26 PM
Here's a question for the board. Does anyone know of a web site or recent printed material that has some statistics about the marketing statistics about Energy Drinks?

I'd like to pitch the idea of creating a custom energy drink to my boss for internal company use, and I'd like to have some stats to back it up.

Stuff like:

Typical age bracket of the energy drink market
Size of the energy drink market
Income of typical ED drinker

etc. etc.

Any help at all with printed or web statistics would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Rick

greg
09-04-2008, 10:34 AM
If you are just going to do it as an Internal drink then I think you would be better to get information on cost, After that you would need to get information on your potential volume of users in the office.

Once you have those two things you will then have to figure out why your boss would want to engage in such an endeavor, especially since the users are already buying them on thier own and have their own brand preference.

Unless you are employed by GM, IBM, WalMart, etc. and drinking the company ED would be mandatory I can't see why this would make sense!

klass
09-04-2008, 10:46 AM
I agree w/ Greg. Besides, why would you want to do your own ED? This market is oversaturated as it stands.

emptyfree
09-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Basically, we'd use it as an internal tool. Clients at my company tend to pull all-nighters, and we'd use it as a marketing tool... you know, we're here to help you kind of thing. Not planning on selling the brand or anything like that.

What I'd like is some marketing info that says something like "energy drinks are most popular with age bracket X, income bracket Y" to prove to my boss (who would pay for the drinks) that our clients would like, use and appreciate energy drinks from us.

E-Ratings
09-11-2008, 05:00 PM
These guys could probably answer your questions: