PDA

View Full Version : Welsch's Grape soda pop

Mr Zabe
09-06-2008, 12:00 PM
As I have posted more than once before.
Welsch's Grape soda pop has to be the very finest
of all grape soda pops. I have,as of late, been drinking
several store brands that appear simular in ingredients.
IMO it is amazing how smooth and how brilliant the
grape taste notes "pop" with WG.

Just a real pleasure.:)

FountainCokeAddict
09-06-2008, 12:11 PM
I've noticed its really great too...also try it in glass w/ cane sugar..even better

lordmadone
09-06-2008, 02:12 PM
I prefer their strawberry one..pretty good soda brand.

treetoptom
09-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Welch's was the top vote-getter out of 19 different grape sodas that the workplace soda crew tasted. It won by a single vote over Goya Concord Grape, which was my favorite. A very good soda.

ithastabeshasta
09-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Never really cared for welch's grape but do like their Strawberry and Fruit Punch.

Popboy
09-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Aww man, I can't even begin to tell you the Euphoria I experienced when I imbibed Welch's Grape for the first time. It was a hot summer day at the local fair (C.N.E.) in the early 90's, my friends and I saw this huge Welch's booth handing out free cans of a Soda variant of their famous Grape juice. Needless to say for the course of that day we lined up over and over for free samples of that stuff, after that day Welch's Grape was the only thing I ever drank, besides Minute Maid Orange Soda. It saddens me that Welch's Grape and Minute Maid Orange Soda have been discontinued in Canada for quite some time now. :(

In terms's of Grape Soda's that come close in terms of flavour (Here in Ontario) I would have to give a nod to Shopper's Drug Mart's "Concord Sparkling Grape Soda", it tastes better than Crush Grape, and even the artificial tasting Fanta Grape. My only gripe, which seems common with alot of discount brands mind you is the lack of carbonation.

wonkapete
09-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Hey Zabe... I was in the store yesterday and remembered this thread when I spied a Welch's grape soda. I haven't had one in years so I bought one. It was OK, but definitely not a Grapico! Grapico is still THE grape soda in the South. Did I ever send you one? I know I sent you Dr Wham. Grapico is simply the best.

Mr Zabe
09-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Hey Zabe... I was in the store yesterday and remembered this thread when I spied a Welch's grape soda. I haven't had one in years so I bought one. It was OK, but definitely not a Grapico! Grapico is still THE grape soda in the South. Did I ever send you one? I know I sent you Dr Wham. Grapico is simply the best. Hey WP, No but that's ok. I will take your word as a grand master soda pop freak
that it must be mega tasty. LOL No kidding about an hour ago I drank my
last can of Welch's grape soda. YUM Boy did it hit the spot.

wonkapete
09-26-2008, 12:23 AM
I'll send you one anyway :) I'm interested in what you think!

Mr Zabe
09-26-2008, 12:18 PM
I'll send you one anyway :) I'm interested in what you think!
Thanks Wonkapete.

Mr Zabe
10-04-2008, 11:18 PM
I drank a can of Grapico last night and
and another can today.

My review:

IMHO.....Grapico's sweetness ( cane sugar and or HFCS)
seemed to over power the grape flavor. The grape flavor
note did not "pop" enough for me. The after taste in my mouth
tasted like I was sucking on of cube of sugar.

Granted, my taste buds are brain washed, as I so enjoy
Welch's grape soda pop which has grape juice as it's third ingredient.
Over all Grapico is good. I did enjoy it. I would give it a 3.5 out of 5.