09-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Is back! yay! ::::drinkin some Sierra Mist Free Cranberry splash:::::

Yugh
09-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Wuh?!?!!!!

pepsipimp
09-09-2008, 08:59 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/21jdevq.jpg

Its back with Family Guy promotional packaging!

lordmadone
09-09-2008, 09:47 PM
3x4s ahhhhh

pepsipimp
09-09-2008, 10:03 PM
I think were the lone holdout for 3x4's which is fine with me, I don't like handling the fridgepacks.

PepsiBlue
09-10-2008, 03:06 AM
hmm my 2liter of SMF:CS didnt have anything about family guy!

the saint
09-10-2008, 06:24 PM
I think were the lone holdout for 3x4's which is fine with me, I don't like handling the fridgepacks.

12 packs are going to be a thing of the past from what I have been told. Supposedly going to be a 4 pk, an 8 pk, or an 18cube/20pk slab for can options due to costs.

Chad.
09-10-2008, 06:33 PM
this is sad news of sorts because i was really hoping for some holiday spice this year. although cranberry splash is pretty tasty.

drpep
09-10-2008, 08:24 PM
12 packs are going to be a thing of the past from what I have been told. Supposedly going to be a 4 pk, an 8 pk, or an 18cube/20pk slab for can options due to costs.

Maybe I have not been paying attention but I saw in my parents kitchen a shrink wrapped 8 pack of Pepsi 12oz bottles. I have never seen these before.

lordmadone
09-10-2008, 09:58 PM
8 pack 12 oz bottles in plastic are taking over the 12 pack 12 oz bottles(which are quite successful mind you) due to I believe coke's success with their 8pk 12 oz bottles(doesn't help coke always had sales ads including free 8pk 12 oz packages). We had the same package before but it was a mess when there were breakages(and there were a lot because the package was cheaply put together) and there wasn't any reliable repackaging material so we lost more money then we gained. Now these 8 packs we have are in plastic and are durable as heck. I love em actually and they fit great on shelves..only problem being is they threw it out there so quickly without warning.

Saint: Interesting rumor there..never heard that yet and I doubt it will follow through YET but I could see that being something possibly down the line but the 5/10 sales and 4/11 or 4/10 sell far too well. Also 12 packs are much easier to carry for everyday folks as is. I doubt 4 packs or 8 packs would move units...too small and 18/20 packs like I said too big.

Pepsiblue: It is just on the 12 packs as far as I can tell now.

Mr Zabe
09-11-2008, 12:18 AM
At least in the Chicago market, I'm guessing that weekly soda pop shoppers would pay a small
premium for the convince of fridge pack packaging. I do think that cubes are not easy to shop and lug around. I would like to see either cases or some new design for 24 counts. I miss the ease of
laying 2 cases in the bottom of my fridge. (Coke still has cases in Chi Town.)

the saint
09-11-2008, 08:48 PM
9/11/08 @ 4:40 pm, PBG/OKC on 9/22/08 there will be a hard conversion of all 24 pk cases in the market unit to 20 pk slabs. 20 are to be sent in on the first delivery of the week and the 24 pk are to be sent back to the warehouse on the second delivery of the week in all large format accounts, any small format accounts (if any) are to be done at this time as well. The 24 pk cases will be transferred to a different facility for sell thru.

Evindently OKC is a test market for this philosophy, the 8pk cans are to be the next package determined on the success/failure of the 20 pk. Retail will be a targeted 5.98 everyday with a 5.69-5.79 ad price.

Mr Zabe
09-11-2008, 09:19 PM
9/11/08 @ 4:40 pm, PBG/OKC on 9/22/08 there will be a hard conversion of all 24 pk cases in the market unit to 20 pk slabs. 20 are to be sent in on the first delivery of the week and the 24 pk are to be sent back to the warehouse on the second delivery of the week in all large format accounts, any small format accounts (if any) are to be done at this time as well. The 24 pk cases will be transferred to a different facility for sell thru.

Evindently OKC is a test market for this philosophy, the 8pk cans are to be the next package determined on the success/failure of the 20 pk. Retail will be a targeted 5.98 everyday with a 5.69-5.79 ad price. Would it not be simpler to raise the cube prices and admit a price increase than
mess around with the quantity of the new packaging. I do not think the major markets will
have much success with the test program. A few cans less for a small increase more is IMO worse
than just admitting a price increase which the competition will match in the short run (economics of supply and demand).

fusion
09-11-2008, 10:37 PM
It's pretty standard in the consumer packaged goods industry to "size down", that is remove amounts from packaging over raising the price. Look at ice cream, down to 1.5 quarts from 2 quarts, chips have lost anywhere from 1/4 to 1.5 ounces out of the bags, and so on.

The thing I think that will hurt Pepsi is that they have created an image with the Cube packaging, and it will hurt them to go away from that. I assume they are switching to a flat slab packaging.

Coke has been successful with 20 packs, so it can be done. And CCBCC is a firm believer in the 18 pack, to this day.

the saint
09-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Would it not be simpler to raise the cube prices and admit a price increase than
mess around with the quantity of the new packaging. I do not think the major markets will
have much success with the test program. A few cans less for a small increase more is IMO worse
than just admitting a price increase which the competition will match in the short run (economics of supply and demand).

Unfortunately it is not a few cans less for a small increase more, it is a few cans less for about a dollar less. 24pk have been at 6.78-6.98 for almost a year around here. From my understanding it will be a 20 pak slab until the 18pk cube packaging and machinery to produce it is up and running. who knows what will come of it as the CC bottler here is a rather large (great plains) indie house.

lordmadone
09-12-2008, 12:15 AM
test market indeed

Dewman1979
09-15-2008, 01:16 AM
http://i35.tinypic.com/21jdevq.jpg

Its back with Family Guy promotional packaging!

wow...they still make 12 packs like that???? what a waste of space