PDA

View Full Version : coke zero at 1.5% market share...

popologist
09-18-2008, 04:42 PM
according to this article, coke zero has 1.5% market share in the US (as of July 2008). that should be enough to finally get it into the Top Ten sodas list this year.

here's a clip from the story:

Since its launch in 2005, volume for Coke Zero continues to
accelerate. Among 350 sparkling beverage brands launched since 2001,
Coke Zero is one of only six to surpass 1% market share, and the only
one to maintain it - with a current share of 1.5%. By using
irreverent, humorous communication and delivering Real Coke Taste and
Zero Calories, Coke Zero has established a strong connection with
young adult males and achieved the highest trial of any recently
launched Coca-Cola North America brand.

It's Free Coke Zero for Fans Across U.S. If One of 13 NASCAR(R) Drivers Wins Inaugural... | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS178877+01-Jul-2008+BW20080701)

fusion
09-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Coke Zero will be rolling out a new marketing campaign soon, tying in with the new James Bond movie.

Coke Zero targets 007 fans | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/business/content/business/stories/2008/09/13/coke_bond.html)

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/08/15/17/image_7517158.jpg

popologist
09-18-2008, 05:01 PM
thanks. i heard about the new james bond promotion. maybe that will grab it a little more market share.

last year, the lowest members of the Top Ten sodas had 1.6% market share, so coke zero has to gain a little bit more. from what i heard, it has been growing at about 30% this year.

Pixel
09-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Yet most of the fast food industry is still dragging their feet when it comes to offering CZ. Wake up McDonald's!

popologist
09-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Yet most of the fast food industry is still dragging their feet when it comes to offering CZ. Wake up McDonald's!

good point. i mean, is there ANY other product in the soft drink industry that's growing at 30%? and, yet... you can only find it in the supermarket.

i think it has more to do with coke not wanting coke zero to eat diet coke's lunch. diet coke is very close to passing pepsi as the #2 soft drink (probably just another year or two)... so that might be the reason.

Swifty
09-27-2008, 06:21 PM
Zero seems to be catching on in the fountains. Wendy's, Zaxby's, Chick-Fil-A and Outback Steakhouse come to mind off the top of my head. I suppose the biggest coup will be when McDonald's beings to offer it (which they may already. I just never go there).

mjb1124
09-28-2008, 02:10 AM
The popcorn bags at the AMC movie theater I went to today were advertising Coke Zero "coming soon to a theater near you".

Pixel
09-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Zero seems to be catching on in the fountains. Wendy's, Zaxby's, Chick-Fil-A and Outback Steakhouse come to mind off the top of my head. I suppose the biggest coup will be when McDonald's beings to offer it (which they may already. I just never go there).
I've still not seen CZ at any Wendy's. Could this be a regional franchisee thing? The corporate website still doesn't show they offer CZ either.

mjb1124
09-29-2008, 03:10 AM
Yeah, I've seen CZ at Wendy's locations in other areas, but not around me.

Mr Zabe
09-29-2008, 04:03 AM
The Wendy's I go to (Chicago) has it and often
there is some P.O.P. free standing and on the sign board.

MATHA531
09-30-2008, 01:12 AM
Do they count coke zero cherry or coke zero vanilla as part of the coke zero statistics...

I know, BTW, they still make coke zero cherry but what about coke zero vanilla?

popologist
09-30-2008, 01:59 PM
Do they count coke zero cherry or coke zero vanilla as part of the coke zero statistics...

I know, BTW, they still make coke zero cherry but what about coke zero vanilla?

i believe they're counted separately.

as for CZ vanilla, i still see it in NY and i also saw it on a recent visit to Ohio.

MATHA531
09-30-2008, 02:53 PM
I've seen some 12 packs (cans) of coke zero vanilla recently but haven't seen 2 liter bottles in the NYC area for close to a year.

popologist
09-30-2008, 11:02 PM
I've seen some 12 packs (cans) of coke zero vanilla recently but haven't seen 2 liter bottles in the NYC area for close to a year.

yes. i've only seen it in 12 packs. but i still see CZ cherry in 2-liter because i bought some recently.

PepsiBlue
10-02-2008, 03:24 AM
Yesterday where I work (AMC Theatres) they installed coke zero to the fountain (we had 2 sprites each soda tower, so they replaced one of the sprites).
I'm happy I now can drink coke zero at work!

Mr Zabe
10-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Yesterday where I work (AMC Theatres) they installed coke zero to the fountain (we had 2 sprites each soda tower, so they replaced one of the sprites).
I'm happy I now can drink coke zero at work! Cool. Let us know how it sells.

popologist
10-02-2008, 02:10 PM
my sister doesn't like coke zero (ghasp!), but apparently her husband does, because she keeps, both, diet coke and coke zero in the house.

mjb1124
10-04-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm happy I now can drink coke zero at work!

I mentioned that the popcorn bags said it was "coming soon" last week. I'm going to the movies again today so hopefully they'll have it!

ETA: And they did! I got myself a large one. Almost worth the jacked-up prices. ;)

my sister doesn't like coke zero (ghasp!), but apparently her husband does, because she keeps, both, diet coke and coke zero in the house.

That seems to be a general trend - women staying with Diet Coke while men flock to Zero.

Pixel
10-07-2008, 07:22 PM
That seems to be a general trend - women staying with Diet Coke while men flock to Zero.

You're right, my wife won't touch CZ, whereas I'm addicted to it.

Dewman1979
10-07-2008, 07:39 PM
i love CZ cherry, I mean...love.

fusion
10-15-2008, 07:46 PM
More good news in Coke's recent quarter.

"North American sales volume, though, was down 2 percent in the third quarter, although sales volume for Coke Zero, a no-calorie carbonated soft drink, rose 30 percent in the quarter."

popologist
10-15-2008, 09:44 PM
More good news in Coke's recent quarter.

"North American sales volume, though, was down 2 percent in the third quarter, although sales volume for Coke Zero, a no-calorie carbonated soft drink, rose 30 percent in the quarter."

that's amazing!!!

coke zero rocks!!!

i REALLY hope it makes the Top Ten sodas this year. i know i'm doing my part! ;)

Mana211
10-22-2008, 08:36 PM
The Moes nearest my apt has a self serv fountain. The end product keeps switching from Cherry Coke to Coke Zero and back. (not Cherry Zero, just the stupid old Cherry Coke with HFCS). I thought they tried Coke Zero and gave up on it but they've switched it back and forth at least 3 times now over the last few months.

also my girlfriend got Sprite Zero 12 packs to make cherry limeade with and we had one one night when she was too lazy to mix it up. We are both drinking Sprite Zero now. Actually the full mix in my fridge is:

Coke Zero for breakfast or lunch
Sprite Zero for an evening choice
Caffeine free diet coke for an evening choice
Cherry Coke Zero to break the monotony when regular coke zero has been hit too much but I need some caffeine.

Still waiting for that caffeine free coke zero option so I can stop drinking the stupid aftertaste of diet coke. Though if they want to do Mello Yello Zero I'd try it in place of the morning coke zero.