PDA

View Full Version : Baby Monster – 3 oz. energy shot

Jay01
09-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Baby Monster – 3 oz. energy shot
September 22, 2008 · No Comments
Hansen Natural (HANS) is rolling out its latest Monster creation: Monster Hitman, an energy shot in a 3 oz. bottle. And according to a recent trademark registration, an additional variety may come out under the name Monster Sniper.

It’s for consumers who “need the energy boost but don’t necessarily need the liquid with it.”

>> CONTINUED (with picture) >>

Baby Monster – 3 oz. energy shot « (http://monsterfinance.wordpress.com/2008/09/22/baby-monster-%e2%80%93-3-oz-energy-shot/)

emptyfree
09-22-2008, 11:52 PM
Yeah, that whole hydration thing is over-rated.

jetset
09-23-2008, 09:23 AM
Yeah, that whole hydration thing is over-rated.

You would never drink an energy drink for hydration - because you're thirsty, sure, but not because you want to "re-hydrate." With all the caffeine and other ingredients it ends up being more like a diuretic and then add in 16oz worth of liquid, if you are a regular consumer of ED then you will spend half your time looking for a restroom. That makes the shot a perfect application - all the energy without all the liquid.

jetset
09-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Has anybody been able to find this at the store or tried the Monster shot yet?

emptyfree
09-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Jetset: I have to admit you're right. I try not to make it a habit to drink an energy drink like Rockstar before driving anywhere because it will make me go to the bathroom sooner than I'd like...

I think I had that snarky reaction because I enjoy the flavor of energy drinks, and the idea of going for less instead of more is alien to me.

E-Ratings
10-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Have yet to see the Monster Hitman in stores... Have seen the Rockstar Energy Shot in stores though....

jetset
10-09-2008, 11:49 AM
I don't think the Monster Shots have been on the market as long as the Rockstar ones - but I could be mistaken, so if that is the case it would take a bit more time to saturate the market and fill the pipeline.

boodoo
10-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Tried the Hitman product at NACS. I was surprised at how bad the packaging was. Monster brands normally look great.....Hitman misses the mark. Taste was tolerable but not good. For me this one is a let down.

jetset
10-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Boodoo - That is surprising, every body that I have heard from has said the complete opposite. Actually, I think there is a review of it on Taurine rules blog.

boodoo
10-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Just my opinion...bad packaging...fair taste.

twf
10-28-2008, 08:02 PM
I haven't seen it anywhere here (IN). And what's up with the name? To me it just seems strange.

jetset
10-31-2008, 09:14 AM
I haven't seen it anywhere here (IN). And what's up with the name? To me it just seems strange.

The product is pretty new so I would think it my take some time to fill the distribution pipeline and work its way into all the markets. Also, with the name and packaging design, it seems to me like it is a play on several different meanings. 1- it is called Hitman and has the gun scope cross hairs, so it is to appeal to the gamers who stay up all night playing first person games like Halo or Medal of Honor. 2- it is an energy shot, i.e. shooter, i.e. gun shot, i.e. Hitman. Although, those are just my thoughts.

BriGuy20
12-16-2008, 06:58 AM
Does anyone know the caffeine content of these things? I can't find the info anywhere.