PDA

View Full Version : Live Report From Mr. Olympia

greg
09-24-2008, 08:48 PM
As most of you guys know I come form the Sports Nutrition Industry, the birthplace of Hyper Potent Energy Drinks.
I was talking to a friend today and he is going to give me one of his new 2oz shots in the morning.
Get this.....500mg of caffeine in a 2oz shot.

If I live I will report back tomorrow!!!!!

Joey
09-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Who's making it? I remember when Dymatize first launched Liquid Speed they had around 600mg's of caffeine if I remember right. Talk about overkill. They ended up lowering the level to try to improve the taste. Do you have a booth there or are you just walking the show?

Coco Rico
09-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Unfortunately, what you consider "potent" is now raising a red flag within the health community as being irresponsible and dangerous doses of caffeine. It will probably lead to a crack down on energy drinks - most of which have the same caffeine content of coffee. Look at the following that was just released by John's Hopkins. It won't be long before the other shoe drops.

Caffeine experts at Johns Hopkins call for warning labels for energy drinks (http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2008-09/jhmi-cea091808.php)

greg
09-25-2008, 10:16 AM
Who's making it? I remember when Dymatize first launched Liquid Speed they had around 600mg's of caffeine if I remember right. Talk about overkill. They ended up lowering the level to try to improve the taste. Do you have a booth there or are you just walking the show?

ALRI----I can see it tasting very "herbal" due to that much caffeine. If I'm not mistaking didn't dymatize have a 16 or 20 oz drink?

I am back at VPX.

greg
09-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Unfortunately, what you consider "potent" is now raising a red flag within the health community as being irresponsible and dangerous doses of caffeine. It will probably lead to a crack down on energy drinks - most of which have the same caffeine content of coffee. Look at the following that was just released by John's Hopkins. It won't be long before the other shoe drops.

Caffeine experts at Johns Hopkins call for warning labels for energy drinks (http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2008-09/jhmi-cea091808.php)

Notice I didn't use the word potent in a negative or positive connotation. I used it to describe the level of power in a subject.
It is true that the Sports Nutrition industry is pushinng the envelope in developing Energy Drinks. However, most of them are designed for the experienced athlete and trainer that wants/needs exceptional amounts of energy and whose body can "process" such dosages. The crossover is the public wanting more from their energy drink other than a sweet tasting cup of coffee.

scum1
09-25-2008, 01:27 PM
It's Fixx is it not? I have been waiting for those to be released.

Joey
09-26-2008, 03:54 PM
I belive it's called HyperShot or something along those lines. ALRI is a pretty hardcore company so I'de imagine it's pretty strong.

scum1
09-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Looks like the ALRI hyper shot. The one coming out from Fixx is is a "supershot" and it is supposed to have 400 mg caffeine in a 4ml shot. That is right 4ml which is about 1/15 the size of your typical 2oz shot.

greg
09-29-2008, 12:36 PM
What a surprise. I tried the Orange flavor( Warm) and I was pleasently surprised. It tasted good, no herbal flavor at all, however, the 500mgs of caffeine kicked my azz and then I got a huge crash.

I got a better energy rush from VPX's new stable liquid creatine drink " BANG!" it only has 200 mg's of caffeine (Ha,only 200mg's).
Because of the glycerine and the BCAA's in it I think your body doesn't crash once the caffeine does it's job.

( sorry for the advertorial)

greg
09-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Looks like the ALRI hyper shot. The one coming out from Fixx is is a "supershot" and it is supposed to have 400 mg caffeine in a 4ml shot. That is right 4ml which is about 1/15 the size of your typical 2oz shot.

Yes, Hypershot by ALRI.......What type of packaging is the "Supershot" in? 4ml or 4cc's is best dosed in a syringe! ( NO NEEDLE OF COURSE)

scum1
09-29-2008, 01:52 PM
Not sure what kind of container the 4ml comes in yet. I was talking to the guys at fixx and they mentioned the shot and the size but i don't have further details yet.

NRGSLLR@
10-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Greg, glad to hear you are back at VPX are you going to be in Chicago this weekend? NACS

greg
10-02-2008, 10:43 AM
Greg, glad to hear you are back at VPX are you going to be in Chicago this weekend? NACS

Thank You Come by and see me in our new booth. We really improved it over last years booth.
Booth 873. In the back of the hall near Jones Soda, Rock Star, and Big Red.

scum1
10-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Don't suppose Monster was there? I curious about their new shot and I have not seen one or even heard of anyone who has,

greg
10-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Don't suppose Monster was there? I curious about their new shot and I have not seen one or even heard of anyone who has,

Monster will be there- Booth 2620

scum1
10-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Let us know what it is like. I'm sure it's not as good as redline power rush but still it's gonna be huge just because of the name. Grab me one as well :)

Monster will be there- Booth 2620

greg
10-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Let us know what it is like. I'm sure it's not as good as redline power rush but still it's gonna be huge just because of the name. Grab me one as well :)

Yeah, Yeah, Keep sucking up....I know I owe you product...It is still boxed up and sitting in my garage. I can probably afford to ship it now.

scum1
10-03-2008, 01:41 PM
I am in no rush for that stuff( I have a lot of stuff to review at the moment) and you don't owe me anything. I am just trying to be one of the first to get a hold of the Monster Hitman. I keep hitting random stores but none to be found. I have not even heard of anyone seeing one in the wild yet. With a hot item like Hitman I will draw a lot of traffic if I can get it up first. Trust me everyone is looking for this stuff. I just downed a Redline Rush grape though so I have to go do something besides sit here lol.

Yeah, Yeah, Keep sucking up....I know I owe you product...It is still boxed up and sitting in my garage. I can probably afford to ship it now.