PDA

View Full Version : *New Monster Hitman

.jrauck
09-28-2008, 01:10 AM
Heres the new Monster Energy Shot called Hitman
Monster Energy® | Unleash the Beast (http://monsterenergy.com/product/Hitman.php)

fusion
10-27-2008, 03:02 PM
I can't believe these things are selling for $3.99 each.

jetset
10-28-2008, 07:39 AM
I can't believe these things are selling for $3.99 each.

That's the same as the regular energy drinks, right? So what is the issue - same functionals, same buzz.....smaller package.....

greg
10-28-2008, 11:18 AM
That's the same as the regular energy drinks, right? So what is the issue - same functionals, same buzz.....smaller package.....

Is a 16oz Monster selling for $3.99

jetset
10-28-2008, 01:41 PM
I've seen it anywhere from $2.79 up to $4.29 depending on which market I happen to be it, probably the same with the shots since I know they often price down in the $2 range.

twf
10-28-2008, 06:53 PM
I will have to try it, but I do think it is a little expensive.

ehinkes
10-29-2008, 01:55 AM
I thought it was good and really good for a shot, but way too $$

Supra TT
10-29-2008, 09:34 PM
You can buy 2 24oz Rstars, full throttles, or Nos for 4 dollars....thats expensive

jetset
10-31-2008, 08:08 AM
I just returned from a trip to LA and saw the Hitman Shots at several stores for $2.99, so if you found them for $3.99 that must have just been that store or your area...

KingOfDiamonds
11-07-2008, 11:18 PM
yea its 2.99 here too. I'll be trying it tomorrow to see if it gets me going:p

scum1
11-13-2008, 02:27 PM
I just posted a review for this shot. It is a good shot but is way to thick and syrupy for me. Not as strong as the likes of Redline Rush but still strong enough for most. The thickness was like drinking liquid sugar.

E-Ratings
11-25-2008, 10:22 AM
It was $2.99 here as well. You would think after coming in so late to the energy shot game that Hitman would have tasted a little better... at least it was better than the Rockstar Energy Shot (IMHO).

SumPoosieCat
12-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Don't like the name and don't like the taste. It is a wasted effort and will add nothing to the category.
Hitman is a failure before it ever gets started. Why come to market with a poor tasting me too product.
I give it an F.

jetset
12-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Don't like the name and don't like the taste. It is a wasted effort and will add nothing to the category.
Hitman is a failure before it ever gets started. Why come to market with a poor tasting me too product.
I give it an F.

Of course you don't like it ---- they are your competition. But based on reviews, you seem to be in the minority.

HitMeHitMan
12-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Of course you don't like it ---- they are your competition. But based on reviews, you seem to be in the minority.

It seems to me like some people have a chip on their shoulder. This is a discussion forum, and everyone's entitled to their opinion, but it seems that some people just can't handle the competition. Why be so harsh just because you have a problem with a product. HitMan is pretty dang good IMHO. It stands out from the carbon copied energy drink world where everyone wants their shot/beverage to taste like Red Bull or something like that. Guess some people just can't handle change! *sighs* oh well! :p

SumPoosieCat
12-12-2008, 09:24 AM

I don't like the product because no thought was put into it and we are in a recession. Slapping a label on the same little black bottle Rockstar uses and filling it with Mrs. Butterworth syrup and charging 4 bucks for it hits me as being blind to current market conditions.

I remember my neighbor quitting his job to sell Beanie Baby's 10 years ago. He said the market is going crazy and I am cashing in on Beanie Baby's !!! Well... to me this energy shot business looks like the Beanie Baby of the late 90's. Enjoy it now but come see me in two years and tell me how big your new fad category is.....

I will see you at odd lots in 6 months to pick up all those .50 cent energy shots....

HitMeHitMan
12-12-2008, 10:33 AM
I don't like the product because no thought was put into it and we are in a recession. Slapping a label on the same little black bottle Rockstar uses and filling it with Mrs. Butterworth syrup and charging 4 bucks for it hits me as being blind to current market conditions.

I wasn't aware that RS had a patent on that type of packaging and that NO ONE else ever on the planet could benefit from that type of packaging. There's just no pleasing everyone, and there are NO exceptions to that rule. If it wasn't sweet and tasted like a crushed up vitamin then people would complain it's not sweet enough. People buy these shots because the claims are jacked up and concentrated into a smaller form. You're paying basically the same price as you would a full sized energy drink because that's what you're getting just in smaller form. Some people don't want to drink a 16oz, 24oz, or 32oz to get their buzz on. For THEM it is a logical choice to get the kick with out all the bloated belly to go along with it. To cover up that crushed up vitamin nastiness, YES it needs to be sweeter, and yes the flavor compliments the beverage. As far as the economy, who are you to judge who can pay for it or not. Yes it's pricey, but people can decide for themselves what they can afford, and it also show's that even the economy the way it is, and the fact that it's had such good sales during this crisis to me show's how great the majority of people think this product is. But as I've stated before.... To each their own opinion, and to all have that right, but don't need to be bullying about it, and all high and mighty, as if your opinion is the ONLY one that matters. To those of you who don't like HitMan.. Don't drink it! Easy as that! And to those who do like it chug-a-lug energy bug! :D

jetset
12-12-2008, 12:44 PM
HitMeHitman - bingo....glad somebody has some common sense and isn't out blasting other products.

SumPoosieCat - last time I checked Hitman was 3oz, Rockstar was 2.5oz so not exactly a knock-off, actually they are giving the consumer 20% more product. Also, it seems like a shot of most any product is giving you the same bang for your buck as a typical 16oz can, it is just more portable and convenient. If you wanted to, you could say that companies that are producing energy shots are doing a service during these economic times by decreasing the amount of water that is used (which helps the environment), cutting down on shipping costs (since you can fit more product on a truck - saves on gas and the number of trucks required to ship the same amount) and the shots are sold on the counters, cutting down on refrigeration costs. But maybe you were just too busy slamming a competitor's product, which isn't what these forums are for....

greg
12-12-2008, 12:54 PM
I see that HitMeHitMan most likely joined the board just to jump in on this conversation. LOL
I say I agree with him about consumer choice 100%. Let the market dictate what is and what isn't acceptable.
I have to disagree with SumPoosie on this one. I think our nation is becoming ever so adapting to the idea of convenience. A small shot size is just that...pure convenience. Like HitMeHitMan said a lot of people do not want the larger version of energy drinks for reasons that range from sugar content to pee factor. The shot allows the purchaser the freedom to buy now and consume later due to the fact that most taste acceptable at room temperature.
If I buy an ED out of the cold box I consume it right away, however, for those that have some forward thinking about their day they can buy 1 or 2 shots to be consumed later when they know they will need it and not worry about some awful taste once the drink gets warm.

As it stands convenience is the name of the store where it was bought and the reason it is sold there. I see this category lasting and the BMF or whatever it is called(32oz,24oz, 1ltr, etc) going by the wayside and freeing up cooler space for other functional drinks that prove to be effective.

SumPoosieCat
12-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Over the last 20 some years I have brought 6 different products to market and all 6 are still actively sold in the US and abroad. I have started brands from scratch and have worked on the marketing and packaging of every item I have ever sold. My experience tells me that Hitman has come to the party late and offers nothing new. It does not appeal to women and is too childish to appeal to anyone over 21.

The packaging is not new and the taste and function is below average at best. If you are worried about bloating or drinking a 12 ounce can or bottle .... why not just chew your energy or swallow it in a small pill?

You don't have to agree with my opinion but I would like you to understand it comes with years of experience in developing consumer products.

The energy shot has seen its best days. To believe the consumer will continue to purchase 4 dollar mini shots is to believe people will continue to fork out 4 bucks for a Grande coffee.... ask Starbucks about that one.... by the way how many stores have they closed this year?

scum1
12-12-2008, 06:23 PM
I will have to say that as far as taste and Function Hitman is above average. It is a little syrupy for me but have a pretty good kick from a good line up of ingredients. I think it will be successful. I know a lot of energy drinkers and still to this day most choose Monster or Redbull 95% of the time. Teens are crazy about Monster and I'm sure they will buy this shot for their backpacks at school. As far as the name goes I think it is great and I also like the packaging. There are better shots out there for sure but I don't think they are late to the game. I believe Monster will outlast a lot of the smaller companies shots just on image and name alone. The fact that they actually provide a good boost with a decent taste should also insure they last. I may not be as experienced in the business side as you guys are but as a consumer who has tried probably over 300 different energy drinks and shots that is my opinion.

fusion
12-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Hitman is hitting on cylinders - taste and function. Went down easy with only a hint of bitterness, and provided some good stable energy.

SumPoosieCat
12-18-2008, 12:24 PM
Hitman is hitting on all cylinders ??? Went down easy ? Wow... I guess millions of flies can't be wrong.

jetset
12-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Hitman is hitting on all cylinders ??? Went down easy ? Wow... I guess millions of flies can't be wrong.

Millions of flies, what does that even mean??? It really seems like you have a vendetta against this product/company rather than posting a basic opinion - every positive post on here you have to immediately shoot down and dismiss.

SumPoosieCat
12-18-2008, 05:37 PM
A Vendetta against Monster's Hitman ??? For your information I drink Monster from time to time because I enjoy the sugar free. I have nothing against Monster at all. But Hitman is a lame excuse for a product and missed the mark by a mile in my opinion.

When somebody post that Hitman hits on all cylinders and goes down easy I have to wonder what that person is talking about. Because by any measure the stuff is like syrup and is bitter to a fault. When someone says anything positive about this product I will question it and want to know why. The reason is simple I really believe it is poorly done and if others believe its great I want to know how and why they came to that decision.

scum1
12-18-2008, 11:11 PM
I usually am a supporter of the small players I have to say. With Hitman though I feel they did an ok job. It is syrupy but not bitter at all. I have had some really bitter shots in the past and this is not even close. I think they went overboard with the sweeteners but otherwise provide quality ingredients in respectful amounts. Try an Amp shot and get back to me about bitter.

A Vendetta against Monster's Hitman ??? For your information I drink Monster from time to time because I enjoy the sugar free. I have nothing against Monster at all. But Hitman is a lame excuse for a product and missed the mark by a mile in my opinion.

When somebody post that Hitman hits on all cylinders and goes down easy I have to wonder what that person is talking about. Because by any measure the stuff is like syrup and is bitter to a fault. When someone says anything positive about this product I will question it and want to know why. The reason is simple I really believe it is poorly done and if others believe its great I want to know how and why they came to that decision.

greg
12-19-2008, 11:49 AM
I usually am a supporter of the small players I have to say. With Hitman though I feel they did an ok job. It is syrupy but not bitter at all. I have had some really bitter shots in the past and this is not even close. I think they went overboard with the sweeteners but otherwise provide quality ingredients in respectful amounts. Try an Amp shot and get back to me about bitter.

I have to tell you that is not exactly a stellar review. You used words/phrases such as :OK, syrupy, respectful amounts....
For the number 2 Energy drink on the market they should do better than that.

jetset
12-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Got to agree with Greg on this one, your review of the product is much different than your description on this thread. Below is from your site review...

- Packaging B+
- Slogan B
- Taste B
- Kick/Ingredients B+
- Web Presence A-

Overall I have to say this is a real top notch energy shot in a lot of ways. It’s potent, cool looking, and has no bitter taste at all. It is however sickly sweet and syrupy which will probably appeal to their core fans. It is way above average and I say try it for yourself. You will get a big boos of energy for sure. Just make sure you have some water to wash it down with.

scum1
12-19-2008, 03:53 PM
It's not stellar but it is not close to the bottom.
When compared to so many bad energy shots out there they do a better job than a lot of the others. There are stronger shots out there that taste better like yours Greg(wish I could find the spike doubleshot) but Monster Hitman is Ok. I never said it was the best but when compared to the likes of Amp and NOS shots it is way better. Hitman is a good shot. Not the best but not even close to bad. You won't see any D or F grades for Hitman . I had to dispute the comment sumpoosiecat said "The packaging is not new and the taste and function is below average at best". I feel it is at least average and probably above average in taste and kick. Rockstar came out with the package first(black shiny plastic) but Hitman was close behind. They at least did not go with the regular 2oz white plastic bottle. Yes a little syrupy for my taste. But far from the abomination it is being said to be here. I have checked other reviews and found no mention of it being bitter or weak. I consider Red bull to be a grade of C. It's the average as far as I am concerned. It's got 80 mgs of caffeine and 1000 mg of taurine. I'd say Monster Hitman is above that in the kick department.

I have to tell you that is not exactly a stellar review. You used words/phrases such as :OK, syrupy, respectful amounts....