PDA

View Full Version : Red Rock??

Dumas Walker
10-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Is Red Rock still in business? I was thinking someone here recently posted a picture of cans they'd found somewhere in the South US. They've been out of stock on a couple of the online shops for months now, but those shops only sell glass bottles, so maybe that is why they are short?

CitrusCola
10-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Yes, they're still around. Finding the stuff isn't easy, though. My wife loves it. She drove to West Jefferson and bought a case of it (in glass bottles) a couple of months ago. It seems to be available in lots of places in the mountains of NC and TN. We also found 6-packs of the glass bottles at a Kroger store in Myrtle Beach, SC last summer.

We found a fridgepack of canned Red Rock Cola in Andrews, NC last spring, but it was sweetened with high-fructose corn syrup instead of sugar. According to the label, the canned version came from Alabama.

Dumas Walker
10-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Thanks!

IIRC, Cheerwine is also sweetened with sugar in glass bottles, but HFCS in cans. I wonder if there is some reason that they change to HFCS for cans?

CitrusCola
10-25-2008, 06:45 PM
The Cheerwine in glass bottles comes from West Jefferson. I believe that all of the non-diet drinks bottled in WJ use sugar instead of HFCS.

fusion
10-25-2008, 06:49 PM
The Red Rock in cans that I found in Alabama came from Big Springs aka Huntsville Coca-Cola. They produce a lot of non-Coke stuff in their bottling plant.