PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi needs to bring back the old logo

Crystal Pepsi
10-24-2008, 10:15 PM
I AM A HUGE PEPSI FAN BUT HATE THE FACT THAT THEY CHANGED FROM THE COOLEST LOGO EVER TO SOME WIERD LOGO

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa309/Brandon2448/?action=view&current=image_pepsilogochange1.gif

Ron Swedelson
10-24-2008, 10:20 PM
We like the old logos because it is what we are used to. I think the new logos are a big change. But in 10 or 15 years when they change them again, we will be saying "Bring back the old logos". I just got a 40's replica Pepsi - Cola sweatshirt from Amazon.com. Looks awsome, love the old design. But it is obviously dated. Besides, if we all bought our drinks based on the logo, Jones Soda would be #1.

Mr Zabe
10-25-2008, 03:53 AM
We like the old logos because it is what we are used to. I think the new logos are a big change. But in 10 or 15 years when they change them again, we will be saying "Bring back the old logos". I just got a 40's replica Pepsi - Cola sweatshirt from Amazon.com. Looks awsome, love the old design. But it is obviously dated. Besides, if we all bought our drinks based on the logo, Jones Soda would be #1.
LOL Ron (great to see you posting again) I saw your point until the Jones logo comment. LMAO

Android
10-25-2008, 08:14 AM
I mentioned this in the other thread about the new smile logo - for years now I've always thought their 1987-91 era logo had an intrinsic "smile" to it. Whenever I see it on an old vending machine (or on items in my collection of Pepsi stuff) I've always thought that got that logo right. Classic in that it was a subtle update of the 73-87 logo, but the curved letters plus the larger "pepsi ball" effect combined to give it a friendly smiley look. It just looks, happy I guess. At least to me it did. But... Pepsi is always a company that looks forward, not backward. So they had to change to that godawful red/white/dark blue logo for most of the 1990s. That change is what got me started into collecting Pepsi stuff, actually. Then in like 1998, the logo got better. The tweak they gave it a few years ago, not the greatest but still OK. But now!... this newest one..... :eek: horrible! :confused:

So I say, bring this one back!!! ;)

-Andy

http://members.trainorders.com/android/Pepsi/Pepsi1988long.jpg

mjb1124
10-27-2008, 02:08 PM
I have no problem with change in and of itself. I just think the new logos for Pepsi and Mountain Dew are butt-ugly.

Mr Zabe
10-27-2008, 02:40 PM
I have no problem with change in and of itself. I just think the new logos for Pepsi and Mountain Dew are butt-ugly. I second that notion. LOL

Remey688
11-10-2008, 04:13 PM
As long as they do not change the formula for Pepsi I could care less what the can looks like!

Android
11-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Well, they could do something about that corn syrup ingredient....

the saint
11-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Well, they could do something about that corn syrup ingredient....

in due time grasshopper. I think you may be surprised at what is coming....

Mr Zabe
11-14-2008, 08:48 AM
in due time grasshopper. I think you may be surprised at what is coming.... Saint..Ok, can you at least give us a hint? Beginning,middle or end
of the calendar year will this be happening? Roll out or test market?

fusion
11-14-2008, 06:22 PM
I saw retro logo 12oz aluminum Pepsi bottles at Walmart today. $1.50 like the Mountain Dew ones.

taestell
11-15-2008, 02:46 AM
Wasn't the rumor that the new logo will be used on current corn syrup-based Pepsi, and they will eventually release a "retro" Pepsi with a more classic logo and cane sugar?

the saint
11-15-2008, 07:29 AM
You "should" be able to enjoy one nation wide while enjoying the college basketball final four.

Pepsi_Man
11-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Times are changing and things are evolving so are we. The new design will happen. I come to learn that with Pepsi when they put money into products they will see it through!

dragonflyjoe
11-27-2008, 08:22 PM
the new pepsi bottles retro are actually 16oz. and there are 2 different style caps all 4 in set have the silver caps but then 3 out of 4 in another version have the pepsi logo caps.. the only one that doesnt have the pepsi logo cap s the say pepsi please bottle....also the take the pepsi challenge bottle seems to be hard to find and not all walmarts have them so keep an eye out for them and hold onto for future referance.............

greg
12-13-2008, 02:44 PM
I just read in Readers Digest that Pepsico spent $1mm creating that logo. Projected cost to implement it Worldwide is "hundreds of millions of dollars"
They are describing it as "more Dynamic and more Alive".

Mr Zabe
12-13-2008, 05:21 PM
More dynamic....LMAO
Hum, did their core and impulse consumers suddenly
become more dynamic?

sodabob
12-18-2008, 06:12 PM
In southwest Wyoming We are about 1 to 2 weeks out from releasing the new logo on Pepsi, Haven't seen the rest in the warehouse yet.

EnergyRobot
01-02-2009, 12:45 AM
This really comes down to what is best for the brand. A logo is not a brand, therefor, I think the key thing we need to be paying attention to is how pepsi (notice the new logo is all lower case?) has changed with the times and how they are dealing with the times as a company. Older generations are concerned with the health risks/sugar associated with carbonated sodas. I believe the fresh "retro" feel on these new pepsi products will really register with a younger audience that will see a "hipper" pepsi on the shelf now.