PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull shots

fusion
10-30-2008, 04:53 PM
Bevnet is reporting that Red Bull is coming out with their own shot in '09. Too little too late? Is there really room for another energy shot? How much counter space is really out there?

BevNET.com - Red Bull to introduce an energy shot in 2009 (http://www.bevnet.com/news/2008/10-29-2008-red_bull_energy_shot.asp)

scum1
10-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Its redbull! There will be room. I just hope it is a good shot and not like the lame Amp shot. Red Bull will get the space at the counter if they need it. I can't wait to try it.

Supra TT
10-31-2008, 06:42 PM
Its redbull! There will be room. I just hope it is a good shot and not like the lame Amp shot. Red Bull will get the space at the counter if they need it. I can't wait to try it.

Not so sure about that.....more and more people are buying other energy drinks besides red bull...just becuase it has the name "Red Bull" does not mean people are going to make room for them

fusion
10-31-2008, 06:59 PM
Especially if the cola flops - it seems to be going in that direction.

meetingpeopleiseasy
11-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Wait what? Room for another shot? There are 183750 new energy drinks every day. This is RED BULL energy shot. You will be able to buy it at hardware stores. I'll be able to dream about it and wake up with it under my ****ing pillow.

E-Ratings
11-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Redbull does seem to be coming into the game a little late, but I think that room will be made for them at the counter.

Side note: I wonder when people will starting mixing alcohol with energy shots?

greg
11-25-2008, 12:55 PM
Redbull does seem to be coming into the game a little late, but I think that room will be made for them at the counter.

Side note: I wonder when people will starting mixing alcohol with energy shots?

They'll make room for them just like they have the Cola, then they will ask them to pick them up as well. Just because it says RB on the label doesn't mean it will sell. As sucessful as RB is/was at defining and marketing energy drinks they are a one trick pony at this point until proven otherwise.

And BRO, you're later to that idea than RB was to the Shot game!!!!
People take their favorite shot into the bar and do it themsleves.

scum1
11-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Get a big shot glass and mix 1/2 energy shot and 1/2 vodka. Works just fine.

They'll make room for them just like they have the Cola, then they will ask them to pick them up as well. Just because it says RB on the label doesn't mean it will sell. As sucessful as RB is/was at defining and marketing energy drinks they are a one trick pony at this point until proven otherwise.

And BRO, you're later to that idea than RB was to the Shot game!!!!
People take their favorite shot into the bar and do it themsleves.

SumPoosieCat
11-27-2008, 09:56 AM
As bad as 8 ounces of Red Bull taste can you imagine what a smaller version will taste like ? I wouldn't drink a Red Bull shot on a bet. They would be better served to come out with a orange flavor.

emptyfree
11-29-2008, 08:27 AM
hmm. well, like vodka/whiskey, people don't do shots because they taste good....

Feel Good INC.
11-30-2008, 01:25 PM
I hope they make it good, my piss beats the taste of most them energy shots. Don't get me wrong, red bull is my favorite energy drink brand, ill try it as soon it hits the shelves!

Its about time they made a new product, not commercials!

DudeMan
01-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Here's a link to a photo of the Red Bull shots for those who still haven't seen it:

Red Bull Introduces Energy Shots | Highsnobiety.com (http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/2009/01/17/red-bull-introduces-energy-shots/)

SumPoosieCat
01-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Yes Red Bull came first and knocked it out of the park when few expected it. However, the last 3 years has been very average at best for Red Bull. They seem to have no clue what to do with success. Larger can... late to the party... a Cola ? You have to be kidding... and now a shot ? More nonsense from a company that can't get it through their head that the best thing they could come out with is an orange version of Red Bull.

Bill Brasky
01-22-2009, 05:31 PM
If nothing else, they knocked it out of the park with the design of this. Simply genius...

It's all going to come down to how they price/push/place this package. Very tricky guesswork involved in that. If they're going for a premium e-shot @ a premium price, they very well might miss the mark, especially in the given economy.

If they move to have their own placement, they might hit the nerve the buyers/stores are already harping on about their "arrogance".

BUT... if they take slow steps and constantly re-evaluate their every move... they could be the leader in another segment here.

Anyone tried it yet?

greg
01-22-2009, 05:52 PM
If nothing else, they knocked it out of the park with the design of this. Simply genius...

It's all going to come down to how they price/push/place this package. Very tricky guesswork involved in that. If they're going for a premium e-shot @ a premium price, they very well might miss the mark, especially in the given economy.

If they move to have their own placement, they might hit the nerve the buyers/stores are already harping on about their "arrogance".

BUT... if they take slow steps and constantly re-evaluate their every move... they could be the leader in another segment here.

Anyone tried it yet?

Bill, I agree with you in one thread but not in this one. I do not think that RB Knocked it out of the park with their packaging. It is the same old package. It looks exactly like their 8oz, 12oz, 16oz and even like their Cola. I mean, I understand branding but what the hell? Furthermore, you are right about the placement. RB missed on the 12oz and is hanging in there on the 16oz. It will be interesting to see if they can hit the mark on the shot pricing.
I seriously doubt that RB can become the leader in the shot segment. 1) they are too late, momentum is in favor of other manufacturers. 2) RB shot is now percieved as a "me too" product. RB has fallen in line with all the other drinks that tried to be like RB. Considering the very late entry it seems that they are just trying to be like everyone else..kind of like they did with the 16oz.

scum1
01-22-2009, 09:06 PM
I think they went the right way with the package. No it is not original but when people see it they will know it is redbull and that is enough for a lot of consumers. I'm no marketing expert but I think sticking with the original is the way to go. It's all about image and recognition. It won't be the best shot but i think it will do much better than the cola. I like the cola but it was low caffeine and redbull is an energy company. Low energy equal failure for the cola. It is like if Ford made a motorcycle. They are not associated with motorcycles so it would fail. Stick with what you know and what you are known for I say.

greg
01-23-2009, 11:55 AM
I think they went the right way with the package. No it is not original but when people see it they will know it is redbull and that is enough for a lot of consumers. I'm no marketing expert but I think sticking with the original is the way to go. It's all about image and recognition. It won't be the best shot but i think it will do much better than the cola. I like the cola but it was low caffeine and redbull is an energy company. Low energy equal failure for the cola. It is like if Ford made a motorcycle. They are not associated with motorcycles so it would fail. Stick with what you know and what you are known for I say.

I see your point, but branding is more than just making your products all look exactly the same. RB now has the liability of having a Cola in the market place that looks like it might fail looking just like their Energy drink(s)....it brings the whole brand down.....IMO.

I'm glad Honda didn't take your advice and stick to just making Motorcycles, or Apple sticking to just making PC's, or Sony to just making Radios, or GE just making refridgerators, or.........

scum1
01-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Ouch you got me on the Honda making cars bit lol. Still I'll pass on a Ford motorcycle. Itis hit or miss trying new things. I remember Walmart was going to try selling appliances and even used cars for a while. Both failed. I guess if you are going to step outside your box you have to really bring it. Red Bull failed on the cola in that aspect I think. If you half way do it like Amp and their shot you will probably fail. I guess we will have to wait and see as far as the new Red Bull shot. Branding alone will not be enough. It might inspire an initial purchase but if it is bad there will be no repeat business.

I see your point, but branding is more than just making your products all look exactly the same. RB now has the liability of having a Cola in the market place that looks like it might fail looking just like their Energy drink(s)....it brings the whole brand down.....IMO.

I'm glad Honda didn't take your advice and stick to just making Motorcycles, or Apple sticking to just making PC's, or Sony to just making Radios, or GE just making refridgerators, or.........

SumPoosieCat
01-25-2009, 08:50 PM
I saw the little 8 ounce can of Red Bull today in a C Store for 2.19 I simply cannot believe people pay over 2 bucks for that thing. Now people will be asked to spend 3 or more for something even smaller. Unreal.... I love Red Bull they make my beautiful glass
bottles look better and better all the time.

Something original from Red Bull ? The only thing they seem to do right lately is make the can bigger or smaller. Red Bull Cola ? Right up there with Pepsi Ice.

RedBullGuru
02-19-2009, 10:39 PM
the new red bull e-shot will hit stores sometime after April 09 in the US, the taste is reportedly "exactly the same" as reg. Red Bull, simply concentrated. Should retail at same price range as other energy shot beverages, 2.99 i'm told or 2 for 5.00... main reason Red Bull is so expensive in the US compared to others is simply where it's manufactured, (Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands) only serious competition for the RB e-shot would be 5 hour energy, which tastes like **** if you ask me, i think Red Bulls E-Shot will do very well with consumers as it tastes much better

jetset
02-23-2009, 08:56 AM
the new red bull e-shot will hit stores sometime after April 09 in the US, the taste is reportedly "exactly the same" as reg. Red Bull, simply concentrated. Should retail at same price range as other energy shot beverages, 2.99 i'm told or 2 for 5.00... main reason Red Bull is so expensive in the US compared to others is simply where it's manufactured, (Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands) only serious competition for the RB e-shot would be 5 hour energy, which tastes like **** if you ask me, i think Red Bulls E-Shot will do very well with consumers as it tastes much better

I am not quite sure how they can claim it will taste "exactly the same" as the regular Red Bull since the regular product is carbonated - it may be similar but there is no way it will be "exactly the same", sounds like a marketing spin to me to keep their core fans engaged......flat Coke/Pepsi tastes way different than the carbonated Coke/Pepsi - and that technically is the same product besides the CO2.