PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi One is discontinued...

popologist
11-04-2008, 07:53 AM
According to Wikipedia, Pepsi One has been discontinued and replaced with Pepsi Max.

Pepsi ONE - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepsi_One)

And while wikipedia.com is not always reliable, the article is probably accurate considering that Pepsi One was not included in the new packaging designs passed around by Pepsico.

mofizz
11-04-2008, 10:40 AM
I don't think wiki is right about this. A lot of Pepsi products (wild cherry, lime, vanilla, mug, etc...) have not yet been included in the re-design. I'm sure they will all follow suit but it is too soon to say Max has replaced One. They are two unique products with different target markets. That said, I'm sure some individual bottlers have dropped Pepsi One to manage sku proliferation. In our market for example, you can only find One in 12 packs. Just a year ago you could get a 12 pack, 24 pack, or 20oz.

popologist
11-04-2008, 11:30 AM
aren't pepsi one and max both aimed at the same market as coke zero (young males)?

personally, i think pepsi one tasted better before they added splenda. for some reason, splenda has an odd taste to me (though i realize many people love it).

until coke zero came out, pepsi one was probably the best tasting diet cola (until they added splenda), in my opinion. i've tried pepsi max and didn't like it at all (though i'm not sure how sales are for it).

mofizz
11-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Max is indeed aimed at the young male demograhic like zero. I'm not exactly sure who One is going after but it seems to appeal to the "splenda mom". I could be wrong.

Wonder what would happen if they reformulated One, Max, or even Diet Pepsi with Pure Via?

meetingpeopleiseasy
11-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Who cares? I bet I couldn't even find one person who drank that stuff.

popologist
11-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Who cares? I bet I couldn't even find one person who drank that stuff.

i worked with some lady who used to bring in her own pepsi one. but, clearly, most people drink diet coke, diet pepsi and, now, coke zero.

coke zero gets a lot more shelf space than it used to.

meetingpeopleiseasy
11-04-2008, 03:18 PM
i worked with some lady who used to bring in her own pepsi one. but, clearly, most people drink diet coke, diet pepsi and, now, coke zero.

coke zero gets a lot more shelf space than it used to.
and this "lady" existed in your mind. Correct?

popologist
11-04-2008, 03:57 PM
and this "lady" existed in your mind. Correct?

nope. she was real. she'd have a pepsi one every night... until she retired to her ranch in the country with her horses, dogs and other assorted animals.

i was the coke zero guy. i had to hide it in the cupboards though because some people would break into it and drink it.

mofizz
11-04-2008, 05:25 PM
It actually moves fast enough to stay fresh around here so I guess someone is drinking it. Who knows?

lordmadone
11-04-2008, 09:44 PM
pepsi one is hard to keep on the shelves.. 2 liters or 12pack cans..it has a loyal following.

meetingpeopleiseasy
11-04-2008, 09:57 PM
pepsi one is hard to keep on the shelves.. 2 liters or 12pack cans..it has a loyal following.
Well it wont matter, I heard that if Obama wins the election they are going to come to our homes and take our guns, and our Pepsi One. Better drink up while you can!

popologist
11-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Well it wont matter, I heard that if Obama wins the election they are going to come to our homes and take our guns, and our Pepsi One. Better drink up while you can!

so long as he doesn't try to take my coke zero. if he does, there will be hell to pay! lol

Android
11-05-2008, 12:03 AM
I drink about a 12pk a week of Pepsi One. I've found it's one of the few Splenda-flavored sodas I've liked. I much prefer it over Pepsi Max, which I haven't bought in several months now. If it's going, I guess I'll just drink more Diet Dr Pepper and Diet Pepsi. Not Max though.

I guess I better stock up while I can. Just like I did when Pepsi Edge went away.

-Andy

mjb1124
11-06-2008, 12:04 AM
I really wouldn't take Wikipedia's word for it. Somebody probably decided to jump to that conclusion because of the packaging change.

XLS_04
11-06-2008, 01:45 AM
Call your local Pepsi bottler.... it seems some places still produce it and some don't.

pepsioneyum
07-27-2009, 12:30 PM
To me, being on a diet, Pepsi One had the very best taste out of all of them, and believe me I tried them all. The Splenda had a great taste. My decision is not complete on the Pepsi Max yet. BRING BACK PEPSI ONE!!!!

popologist
07-27-2009, 12:53 PM
i don't think it's discontinued yet. i see a lot of it in NYC... as much, if not more, than i see Pepsi Max.

Android
07-27-2009, 04:19 PM
I can't remember what store I was in last week, but I found it intersting that they had like one 12pk 'facing' of Pepsi Max and like 3 of Pepsi One next to it. It's still alive and well around here.

-Andy

XLS_04
07-28-2009, 01:16 AM
I agree. I wonder if Pepsi Max is doing good? Never really heard about it the past 2 years its been out. I remember you heard alot about Pepsi ONE the first few years. Anyways it is still sold here as well.

i don't think it's discontinued yet. i see a lot of it in NYC... as much, if not more, than i see Pepsi Max.

popologist
07-28-2009, 08:52 AM
i'll be surprised if both of them survive, because they're targeted at the same market--young males.

the difference is (in my opinion) that Pespi One tastes good and Pepsi Max does not.

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up combining the two and, for a period, we'll have Pepsi One Max (which will just be Pepsi One in the bottle) and then they'll eventually drop the "one" and it will become Pepsi Max... since that's the name that pepsi seems to use around the world. maybe they'll add a little extra caffeine to it, to justify the "max." but my guess is that it will basically still be Pepsi One.

Android
07-29-2009, 12:22 AM
I remember posting here a story from the local newspaper a couple of years ago, about an independant test/study about caffeine content, and Pepsi One actually had more in it than the can (now) says. It was the highest one on that study's list, even over Mountain Dew. So P1 is my caffeine fix soda now.

-Andy

PepsiBlue
07-30-2009, 07:28 PM
Saw 2 liters of Pepsi One (as well as 12 packs) at Acme today.
Exp date was 10 05 09
I saw a pepsi max that expires sometime in September, so its definitely still being made.