PDA

View Full Version : Full Throttle Quick Shot

greg
11-14-2008, 10:10 AM
For those that have critisized me in the past for spending too much time behind a desk and not enough time in the trade I present you this. I found it yesterday in a corporate BP store in Boca Raton.
I'm just proving I do go out every now and then!!! LOL
The picture is of Full Throttle Quick Shot. I only saw the 2 flavors.

****I can't get the photo to upload. It was taken on my iphone and it was sent to my email as an HTML file. I am having trouble converting it. As soon as I get it converted I will post.

ehinkes
11-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Here are some small pics: Full Throttle® Quick Shot® (http://www.nacsonline.com/NACS/Magazine/CoolNewProducts/Pages/FullThrottleQuickShot.aspx?cat=Merchandise)

scum1
11-14-2008, 07:44 PM
I saw a display for these last week but it was empty! I'm hoping it is better than the Amp shot.

SumPoosieCat
11-16-2008, 07:50 AM
I saw this shot and have seen the new Rockstar too and fail to understand who this is for. Only a small percentage have an interest in a energy shot. The marketing of these seems weak and thrown at the wall to see if it sticks.

Supra TT
11-16-2008, 12:33 PM
I saw this shot and have seen the new Rockstar too and fail to understand who this is for. Only a small percentage have an interest in a energy shot. The marketing of these seems weak and thrown at the wall to see if it sticks.

Where have you been??? These energy shots are a huge growing category and a huge money maker. People are buying these little 2 and 3oz shots instead of buying a 16oz can or bigger and getting the same effect if not better.

greg
11-17-2008, 02:49 PM
NACS has just annoucned that have created a "sub category" for the energy shots.

NACS
November 17, 2008 - ALEXANDRIA, Va. -- Increasing sales volume in energy shot products has created a sense of urgency for proper categorization and sales attribution in the collection of data to compile NACS' state of the
industry report.

After requesting, obtaining, and processing the input of key industry stakeholders (retailers, manufacturers, wholesalers and distributors), the general consensus was that energy shots belong in Health and Beauty
Care (HBC).

NACS has developed a new subcategory in Health and Beauty Care (HBC) called Liquid Vitamins, Supplements & Energy Shots (4 oz. or less) to differentiate sales volume and growth in energy shots from Vitamins and Supplements (non-liquid).

The new subcategory is expected to enable the convenience channel to speak the same language concerning energy shots and report more accurate benchmarks and trends universally. Click here (PDF) for the latest version of NACS Category Definitions

SumPoosieCat
11-18-2008, 08:39 AM
Where have you been??? These energy shots are a huge growing category and a huge money maker. People are buying these little 2 and 3oz shots instead of buying a 16oz can or bigger and getting the same effect if not better.

I have been expanding my brand and have been watching the energy shot business for over a year and waiting for the fall out. SumPoosie will have come out with an energy shot but will market it differently.
A year ago this was quick money but the category has slowed quite a bit in recent months and that is due to the economy and the glut of new energy shots. Our studies show people right now are not willing to spent 3 or 4 dollars on a little energy shot just as they are cutting back on 3 or 4 dollar coffee. Sometimes you have to recognize a fad before it becomes a fad.

boodoo
11-18-2008, 11:07 AM
All due respect and lotsa love SP but...shot category estimated at $500 million in 2008...doesn't sound like a fad to me.

jetset
11-18-2008, 11:41 AM
It seems like everybody who missed the boat is in denial by calling this a fad as a way to reconcile the fact that they aren't in the market - same thing was said about the energy drink category when Red Bull first hit the scene.

ehinkes
11-18-2008, 12:33 PM
I just posted a review and picture for the citrus one. I would say decent but nothing ground breaking in the category. Pretty mild flavor with a little bitterness. Modest boost.

SumPoosieCat
11-20-2008, 09:15 AM
All due respect and lotsa love SP but...shot category estimated at $500 million in 2008...doesn't sound like a fad to me.

For the record Beanie Babies in 1998 sold 500 million worth and some sold for as much as 5000.00

As fast as this energy shot market grows is as fast as it will crash. Customers will not buy quick little shots for 4 bucks forever. If Starbucks is hurting soon energy shots will be a dime a dozen.