PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi get Crush

Pepsi_Man
11-17-2008, 11:01 PM
We got Crush. I remember drinking this as a kid. I'm very excited to start selling it. We will have Orange, strawberry and grape. I think it will out sell most flavored sodas like Fanta. We will DC out Tropicanna twister orange.

mofizz
11-18-2008, 09:29 AM
We (Pepsi) have been selling Crush for almost 3 months now. We lapped 9 months of Twister sales in 2 months with Crush. Unbelieveable brand.

popologist
11-18-2008, 10:04 AM
does pepsi actually "own" crush... or is it just distributing it?

Ram0n C0keah0lic
11-18-2008, 11:07 AM
does pepsi actually "own" crush... or is it just distributing it?

Crush is owned by Dr. Pepper Snapple Group in Canada and U.S. but Pepsi is distributing it.

Here in Mexico, Crush is owned and also distributed by Grupo Peņafiel, the mexican division of Dr. Pepper Snapple Group... and BTW recently were released Crush in Tamarind, Pineapple and Fruit punch flavors in 600 ml and 2.2 liter bottles... and also the diet version of Orange Crush: Orange Crush Light.

But there's some exceptions... in Colombia the brand Crush is owned by The Coca-Cola Company and the logo is similar to Fanta ( :: CRUSH :: (http://www.crushotraforma.com.co) )

fusion
11-18-2008, 09:17 PM
We (Pepsi) have been selling Crush for almost 3 months now. We lapped 9 months of Twister sales in 2 months with Crush. Unbelieveable brand.

That is really impressive. What flavors/packages are you selling?

Pepsi_Man
11-18-2008, 10:15 PM
We being Pepsi LAMU will not distibute Crush or Muscle milk until Jan. We will have Orange, Strawberry, and grape in 20oz and 2liters.

mofizz
11-19-2008, 09:40 AM
That is really impressive. What flavors/packages are you selling?

Orange 20oz, 12pk, 2L, 3gal BIB
Dt. Org 12pk
Grape 20oz, 12pk

Mr Zabe
11-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Dt. Org 12pk
Grape 20oz, 12pk Are most of your fountain accounts
selling orange 3gal BIB? I have not seen orange crush BIB for
a long,long time.

mofizz
11-19-2008, 10:32 AM
Are most of your fountain accounts
selling orange 3gal BIB? I have not seen orange crush BIB for
a long,long time.

We're getting more distribution every week. Alot of C-stores are replacing Fanta or Sunkist with Crush. All local Pepsi fountain accounts who pour an Orange are pouring Crush. You have to remember that most places only have 6 to 8 valves. Many places around here will hook up Sundrop before Crush on that last valve.

Pepsi_Man
11-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Dt. Org 12pk
Grape 20oz, 12pk

You won't have the other flavors then? I wouldn't mind the whole line for my territory.

mofizz
11-20-2008, 09:35 AM
You won't have the other flavors then? I wouldn't mind the whole line for my territory.

There has been some talk about picking up Strawberry next year. I don't think we would do very well with pineapple, peach, or cherry. Some markets might do very well with it however.

Pepsi_Man
11-20-2008, 12:13 PM
There has been some talk about picking up Strawberry next year. I don't think we would do very well with pineapple, peach, or cherry. Some markets might do very well with it however.

I think carnicerias and supermarkets would do good with those flavors. In my area strawberry and orange crush will be great sellers.

Dewman1979
12-09-2008, 04:14 AM
I wonder if Western Washington state will get strawberry crush in cans.

Hope so.

RonS
12-22-2008, 02:28 PM

Anyone have a time frame when we can expect to see Crush products in the Philly or Deleware area?

Ron

jerr2429
12-24-2008, 04:59 PM
i work for pbg in east hanover nj and crush came in today and will roll out sometime next week.

ampman
12-24-2008, 07:45 PM
here in central indiana we are rolling out crush in feb with a high concentration on the inner city.

mjb1124
01-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Just saw 20 oz. bottles of Orange, Diet Orange, and Strawberry in the Pepsi cooler at PathMark.

I got a bottle of the diet, and it's a different formula from the one I've had before in Massachusetts. This one contains 15 calories, and is sweetened with a combination of aspartame, concentrated OJ, and *gasp* HFCS. It was quite good, with a very juicy taste reminding me a bit of the European Fanta, but diabetics beware.

The regular orange seems to be the standard formula though.

drpep
01-02-2009, 06:23 PM
I found 20oz Grape and Orange in Lawrenceville, Pa today. Comes from Williamsport Pepsi. Twister 12 packs and 2 liters were still in the soda aisle.

RonS
01-02-2009, 07:39 PM
I saw some Grape, Orange and Strawberry Crush in 20 oz bottles in the food court yesterday at the KOP mall.

Ron

RonS
01-02-2009, 09:11 PM
I was just at a Pathmark here in Havertown, PA, they had 20oz bottles of Crush in the coolers. No Diet, nothing on the sheves, at least its a start. I"ll keep my eyes open for diet this weekend. I have some cans of diet orange crush that I picked up in Columbus Ohio, The 12 oz can has 20 calories and is sweetened with hfcs and aspartame. Anyone know if Crush has any other diet flavors besides orange?

Ron

Dewman1979
01-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Still waiting for Crush in Western Washington

mjb1124
01-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Followup to my previous post: I've now seen 20 oz bottles of Crush in several places, and have found Grape as well as the aforementioned Orange, Diet Orange, and Strawberry. No sign of it in larger packages yet. But Twister seems to have just about disappeared.

Pepsi_Man
01-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Jan 26th you will start to see it everywhere!!!!!!! I mean everywhere and at a great price.

Mr Zabe
01-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Do have an idea what flavors Chicago should get?

the saint
01-09-2009, 03:37 PM
more than likely it will be the standard orange, strawberry, grape and diet orange. I do not think that PBG is handling any thing else at this time.

OKC is rolling out crush on Monday. As usual with any new item, the product is not in the HHC with any pricing other than wholesale. Everything gets to be local order entered by managment thru the office computers, I guess I will wait and see if the 1s 2s and 3s that I ordered get delivered as 1s 2s and 3s or as 5s 8s and 10s. :D

Dewman1979
01-18-2009, 12:42 AM
Jan 26th you will start to see it everywhere!!!!!!! I mean everywhere and at a great price.

I hope so. I hate the current selection. And I really want Diet Crush.

Pepsi_Man
01-18-2009, 03:34 AM
We started selling early. A benefit of being the producer of Crush. We will eventually get more flavors. This launch is going to be huge!!

Dewman1979
01-25-2009, 07:02 PM
hope tomorrow brings me diet crush!(and grape and strawberry....)

RonS
01-25-2009, 10:33 PM
I was in Pittsburgh today and saw 2 liter bottles of Grape, Strawberry, Orange and Diet Orange Crush. Also saw fridge packs of cans of each flavor. I bought a case of diet orange crush, cans have cool design. Different than the ones I picked up in Cincinnati this year.

Ron

BottleBoss
01-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Well the stores in the Harpers Ferry and Frederick area of Maryland have Orange, regular and diet, and Grape. Both are very good. No strawberry yet. Any other flavors on the horizon?

Pepsi_Man
01-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Well the stores in the Harpers Ferry and Frederick area of Maryland have Orange, regular and diet, and Grape. Both are very good. No strawberry yet. Any other flavors on the horizon?

I believe the next flavor would be Pineapple.

Dewman1979
01-27-2009, 03:49 PM
well...monday brought me no crush....

billygtexas
01-27-2009, 09:59 PM
They've been stocking it in 2 liters at our local Wal-Marts. Before it only sold in 6 pack bottles. It's good to see this classic brand finally get some PROMOTION.

And like Pepsi's other products they are selling it for $1.00 for a 2 liter, so it looks like its selling well. (Coke 2 liters are $1.48 here)

Diet Orange Crush isn't bad, kind of orange candy-like tasting, but it's not quite as sweet as diet Sunkist. It has HFCS but I don't see any info about Caffeine, which Sunkist has.

Dewman1979
02-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Diet Crush is yummy.

Mr Zabe
02-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Question.
This afternoon I finally came across some fresh Strawberry Crush (Fridge Pack).
It was produced on 2/5/09 and it has "GO" in the code which is a Pepsi code.
The strange thing is that the fridge pack container and the cans have the old
Dr/7up bottling labeling. What's the deal with this? Did Pepsi obtain the old packaging
and cans to use up first?

the saint
02-14-2009, 12:14 AM
Question.
Dr/7up bottling labeling. What's the deal with this? Did Pepsi obtain the old packaging

My guess is that the packaging was what that particular facility had. I cannot see them tossing the remaining cans and packaging being as tight with money as PBG is.

are you sure that the code was "GO" and not " C O" or possibly you reversed it when you typed it meaning to type "O G "as there is no designator code whether current OR obsolete for "GO" from PCNA or PBG facility or a co-packer for them (unless the facility has been built/aquired/contracted since the list I have was printed a little under a year ago). CO is Columbus, Oh (G & J Pepsi-Cola Bottlers) and OG is Munster, In (PepsiAmericas) If not then it was not a Pepsi code (unless the above is true from my list)

Just a bit of info that some of you may or may not know, Pepsico did NOT sign the agreement with CS to distribute crush, PBG signed the agreement (allegedly against Pepsico wishs) to distribute crush.

Mr Zabe
02-14-2009, 12:19 AM
Brain freeze. LOL The code was OG out of Munster,IN.

the saint
02-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Brain freeze. LOL The code was OG out of Munster,IN.

you goofy dyslexic sucker, I sat and looked thru 9 pages of codes to try and figure out what the heck could have been the code and you typed it in wrong. I could have went straight to it. haha LOL

Mr Zabe
02-14-2009, 12:27 AM
Being buzzed on soda pop HFCS tends to mess up my
my ability to epyt.

the saint
02-14-2009, 12:29 AM
Being buzzed on soda pop HFCS tends to mess up my
my ability to epyt.

Well I GUESS I can let it slide THIS ONE TIME. haha

Mr Zabe
02-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Very Yummy.
I just drank an ice cold can of Strawberry Crush.
I really like the full bodied strawberry taste that
over shadows the mellow carbonation. Over all
SC is a very enjoyable non caffeine soda pop.

On the Zabe scale I give it an 8.5 .:)

mjb1124
02-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Question.

I have noticed that the packaging for Strawberry Crush around here has been inconsistent, with a mix of the new and old looks. The other flavors all consistently have the new look. Odd.

fusion
02-15-2009, 07:07 PM
I saw a big Crush display at a Wal-Mart built with cans from Pepsi and 2L from Independent Beverage.

Dewman1979
02-16-2009, 04:51 PM
I wonder if our area will ever get strawberry.

bigrich
02-16-2009, 05:49 PM
Indianapolis has had Crush for years from American Bottling out of Northlake, IL. They did good with Orange, Grape, Strawberry, Fruit Punch, Pineapple, and an occasional other flavor. The product disappeared completely around the first week of January. Around February 1, Pepsi Americas picked up the line but cut our flavors back to Orange, Grape & Diet Orange. I was a little upset, until I noticed yesterday American Bottling has re-introduced what looks like the full line of Nehi flavors. This really makes me happy as I like Nehi much better. Anyplace else receiving Nehi now that Pepsi has Crush?

fusion
02-16-2009, 07:35 PM
The return of Nehi! Wow. I wonder where all they will be distributing it.

Mr Zabe
02-16-2009, 11:32 PM
I hope to finally get some Grape Nehi after all the years
of wanting one. I just hope the flavoring has not been changed.
Anyone tried them as of yet?

Back in the day, cane sugar Grape Nehi rocked my world. LOL

halloaaryn
02-19-2009, 03:59 AM
Still only Orange and Grape (regular) at the Safeway and QFC in the downtown area of Seattle..

Mr Zabe
02-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Orange Crush poured over crushed ice is damn good.
The carbonation gets weakened a touch. The orange flavor
tastes awesome. If you like a mellow yet bold orange flavored
soda pop give Orange Crush the crushed ice treatment. YUM!!!!

Orange Crush will do big numbers in the Latino market this summer.
The Crush flavors are sweet and their carbonation is not as strong.
The Latino market favors sweet soda pop.

Dewman1979
05-08-2009, 02:54 AM
And now we have 12 packs for strawberry. Happy as heck to get it.

yeahuno
05-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Here in WV we have 12 pack, 20 ounce, and 2 liter bottles of Orange, Diet Orange and Grape Crush here, and in the 12 ounce 6 pack glass bottles of crush we have Orange, Grape and Strawberry. For the 12 pack, 20 ounce, and 2 liter we are suppose to get it in Strawberry sometime this summer. Hopefully they will have it in pineapple also. When I was in Virginia in April, I picked up a Nehi Grape and Peach (that's all they had in stock) in a 16 or 20 ounce bottles, I tried them both and I didn't care for them very weak taste.

popologist
05-11-2009, 10:44 PM
i picked up some Diet Orange Crush this weekend because Fanta Orange Zero is scarce sometimes. i like Diet Crush better than Tropican Twist soda, but less than Fanta Zero. basically, because i'm not a big fan of orange soda to begin with... and Fanta tastes less orangey and less acidic to me than the other two. if you like more kick to your orange soda, though, you might prefer Crush.

magzmcd
05-12-2009, 08:06 AM
I've been drinking Orange Crush (in bottles) since I was a child, and that was a while ago. Almost two years ago I was diagnosed with diabetes, and since then I've become extremely cautious of carb intake, and regular Crush is out. So I began drinking Diet Tropicana Twister. No carbs no caffeine. Now, someone has decided that Diet Crush is the only choice I have, and I don't like it. Even though it's diet, Crush still has carbs. I can understand introducing something new to the market, but I hate the fact that they do so while removing something else. I find the flavor of Diet Crush very unappealing, and the fact that it contains carbs just makes me mad. Diet Twister is much better for me, and now I can't get it anywhere.

popologist
05-12-2009, 05:35 PM
I've been drinking Orange Crush (in bottles) since I was a child, and that was a while ago. Almost two years ago I was diagnosed with diabetes, and since then I've become extremely cautious of carb intake, and regular Crush is out. So I began drinking Diet Tropicana Twister. No carbs no caffeine. Now, someone has decided that Diet Crush is the only choice I have, and I don't like it. Even though it's diet, Crush still has carbs. I can understand introducing something new to the market, but I hate the fact that they do so while removing something else. I find the flavor of Diet Crush very unappealing, and the fact that it contains carbs just makes me mad. Diet Twister is much better for me, and now I can't get it anywhere.

there are carbs in it? how many? it doesn't have caffeine does it?!?

mjb1124
05-13-2009, 12:26 AM
Diet Orange Crush contains 5 grams of HFCS. I was shocked too when I first saw the label.

popologist
05-13-2009, 08:17 AM
Diet Orange Crush contains 5 grams of HFCS. I was shocked too when I first saw the label.
15 calories per serving.

so, yeah, i probably won't be buying much diet crush anymore. i prefer fanta zero anyway.

bobpuller
05-13-2009, 07:39 PM

5g carbs is nothing. That's less than half a unit of insulin for me.

lordmadone
05-18-2009, 04:22 PM
I must say I am glad we got crush..that stuff sells like there is no tommorow..sales price or regular.

Dewman1979
05-20-2009, 04:23 PM
15 calories per serving.

so, yeah, i probably won't be buying much diet crush anymore. i prefer fanta zero anyway.

OMGTH!!!!! WOW!!!!!! 15!!!!! That's a lot!!!!

popologist
05-20-2009, 04:49 PM
OMGTH!!!!! WOW!!!!!! 15!!!!! That's a lot!!!!

it's a lot compared to zero. lol

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-25-2009, 03:34 PM
up here in michigan crush is with an independent network of distributors that has had it for years. they do well with the brand and from what i understand they are not having it pulled from them.

they are getting pepsi produced 12pk orange cans out of plant XG. 2L pet is being produced by intrastate distributors out of detroit, big snapple house down there.

in detroit there's orange, strawberry, grape, tropical punch 2L but the rest of the state sticks with the orange 2L, 12pk. some have 20oz. all carry the five flavors of 16oz glass made in detroit.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-19-2009, 04:54 PM
mark my words... pbg in michigan is getting crush aug 1.

12pks and 2L, same lineup as in other states.

IDI in detroit has until the end of the year to produce as much 16oz glass crush, which has approximately 6month shelf life. then it's gone.

random crush flavors such as pineapple, tropical punch and cherry will prob be disco'd.

6pk 12oz that already comes in other grocery channels will be totally grocery only.

fusion
07-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Wow, that really sucks for those indie guys. Hopefully they'll get Nehi.

Dewman1979
07-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Did I mention that I love Crush Diet?

the saint
07-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Pineapple and Cherry are supposedly on the way for PBG. If my info serves me right and is correct PBG will use these 2 flavors to gauge interest into carrying more Crush flavors in the future.

drpep
07-30-2009, 10:28 PM
How many more facings could PBG get in stores with an expanded Crush line? A large store could handle more Crush but most of the stores around me would have to lose Pepsi and Diet Pepsi facings.

fusion
07-31-2009, 02:06 AM
Pineapple and Peach have been spotted in the central part of the country.

Around here, I found Orange Crush cubes at a few different stores.

Dewman1979
07-31-2009, 04:53 AM
Pineapple and Cherry are supposedly on the way for PBG. If my info serves me right and is correct PBG will use these 2 flavors to gauge interest into carrying more Crush flavors in the future.

awesome. will try. Any chance of more diet varieties?(as I write this, I am drinking Diet Crush...my favorite Diet pop)

RunWithDaLilGuy
08-03-2009, 08:38 PM
nehi has already been brought out by the dpsu/abc guys so the indie guys are left with nothing. nehi was probably brought out just to stymie them from getting something from dpsu to replace crush.

ilikesoda
08-04-2009, 05:33 PM
I don't get it. I live In south Florida where we used to have a pretty full line of slice soda which was replaced with tropicana twister which we never got. We did however have crush orange and diet orange at the same time we had slice. Then they disco twister and expand crush and we still only have crush orange and diet orange minus walmart and the glass bottles of orange grape and strawberry. What gives? Don't we deserve a replacement for slice down here? It's only been 5 years? LOL and just to gripe, when coke switched the bottle shapes on the 2 liters we lost fanta apple. :(((((((((

drpep
08-04-2009, 10:03 PM
How long did it take for Sierra Mist to get there?

drpep
08-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Crush Strawberry 2 liters were spotted in Wegman's today.

TACBOT
08-20-2009, 12:57 PM
DPSU (now DPSG) did a great job of ignoring Crush along with a number of the Cadbury Schweppes purchases. (Why purchase brands and ignore them?). Pepsi gets Crush from DPSG under license in the US. Meanwhile, most DPSG distributors are pushing hard with Sunkist Orange, Grape, Strawberry, Cherry Limeade, and Lemonade under a license with Sunkist.

CitrusCola
08-20-2009, 07:59 PM
DPSG didn't "purchase" anything from Cadbury; they were spun off from Cadbury.

fusion
08-20-2009, 09:09 PM
The story is a little complicated and involves some twists.

Cadbury bought Crush in 1989 from P&G. Probably to satisfy their bottlers who wanted a fruit line of sodas, but had none because a Pepsi or Coke bottler was bottling the other line, Sunkist (some still do today).

As Coke introduced Minute Maid sodas in the mid 80's, and as bottlers switched over from Sunkist, those territories were freed up to be reassigned to Cadbury bottlers (Coke NY was actually the first Sunkist Orange bottler, back before Cadbury even had anything to do with Sunkist). Cadbury didn't even get the license to Sunkist until 1986, and they don't actually own the brand.

Sunkist was a much stronger brand than Crush at this point, so it would make sense for these bottlers to carry Sunkist over Crush.

Pepsi introduced Slice in 1984. Some bottlers still stuck with Sunkist - I know Minges Bottling Group in NC still has it, as do some other smaller bottlers in NC/SC that are supplied by Carolina Canners in Cheraw, SC. Some of them even carry Squirt, A&W, and other DPS brands, and only really carry Pepsi and Dew (and maybe Sierra Mist) from PepsiCo. Pepsi mistakenly replaced Slice with Tropicana Twister in 2005 after buying out Tropicana, which eventually led Pepsi bottlers to look elsewhere for a line of fruit sodas. G&J Pepsi, followed by PBG and PAS dropped Twister and went with Crush. (Pepsi Mid-America has probably had Crush for a lot longer, I really couldn't say).

The only really successful move Pepsi made was to introduce Sierra Mist to replace Lemon Lime Slice, and to provide Pepsi bottlers with a growing alternative to 7Up, which was on the wane. The bottlers jumped ship pretty quickly from 7Up to Mist, and there were a lot of territory changes - the Pepsi bottling sytem bottled 40% of 7Up's volume at that time. Pepsi also threw a ton of marketing money to the bottlers for Mist, and probably lower cost concentrate as well. I remember a lot of 2/$1 20oz deals at stores when Mist first hit around here from PBG (indie Pepsi Delmarva, now part of PBV kept 7Up for a little while longer, and supplied non-producing indie Pepsi Harco in eastern MD as well).

Anyone know if PAS-Collierville TN (CV) is still producing Slice 12 packs?

fusion
08-21-2009, 12:14 AM
I am also surprised we haven't seen a realignment in the ginger ale category. I figured after Coke acquired the rights to use the Seagram's name for mixers/ale, that we would see some changes. Coke bottlers mostly have Seagram's, but in some areas, CCE, Swire and some indies carry Schweppes, and Canada Dry in northwestern PA/eastern OH and parts of NY and the northeast.

Generally Pepsi bottlers have Schweppes, but in eastern OH, I know they have Seagram's (it was odd to see that brand in cubes). And in some areas, they have no ale at all. I know Buffalo Rock has Canada Dry, and Bernick's (MN/WI bottler) has Seagram's and Canada Dry (not sure if they have both in all their territories, or what). Admiral Beverages also carries Canada Dry - but like those Pepsi bottlers in NC/SC I mentioned before, they're basically a DPS bottler that carries Pepsi and Mountain Dew.

indies and DPS bottling group usually have Canada Dry, or nothing. The exceptions I found were Hooper Distributing in West Memphis AR, a beer/wine distributor who also carries Seagram's and (I believe) either Polar or some small distributor in the Boston area. No idea if any DPS bottler/distributor actually carries Schweppes.

And as an aside, there are three other small ginger ale brands distributed in the US by Coke/Pepsi bottlers. Northern Neck and Carver's, which were originally owned by Northern Neck Coca-Cola in Montross VA, which are distributed by CCE and Northern Neck Coke. The other is Ale-8-1, which is distributed by CCE in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, Louisa (Kentucky) Coca-Cola, and Corbin (Kentucky) Pepsi.

This info is mostly from my travels and some online searches.

CitrusCola
08-21-2009, 05:59 AM
On the topic of ginger ales, I've seen the White Rock brand at a number of stores recently. In terms of volume, Canada Dry seems to be king with Schweppes running a distant second.

As far as flavor lines go, I think it's interesting what DPSG has done. They're making money from the Crush deal with Pepsi, they're pushing the Sunkist line themselves, and they still have the Nehi line. While most Nehi flavors seem to have faded away (except for the glass-bottled Orange, Grape and Peach from West Jefferson) around here, there seems to be an exception with Peach Nehi. I've seen it in both 6-pack cans and 2L bottles in a number of stores around NC, VA, and TN.

fusion
08-21-2009, 11:24 AM
I noticed that as well on a southern trip I took (down as far as North Alabama). Even if there were no other Nehi flavors, there was peach.

I think they could actually position Nehi as a premium/nostalgia brand, widening the distribution of the cane sugar longnecks (while keeping cans/bottles out) to markets where Nehi isn't currently sold.

Dewman1979
08-22-2009, 04:00 AM
Loved slice very much....but oh well. Love Crush as well, just not as much as Slice.

CitrusCola
08-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Fusion,

I think the idea of making Nehi a premium brand is a good one. I'd like to see that happen.

Dewman1979
09-01-2009, 03:56 AM
I wish they would come out with more diet varieties.