PDA

View Full Version : What is a brand or trade mark worth?

coffeenz
12-14-2008, 07:45 PM
I am the creator of a new zealand registered trademark for a coffee related beverage and I am wondering how one goes about finding the value of this. The word could be used for either a cafe or cafe service or beverage. Does the fact that the word has been used overseas add any significant value? The word was historically (as far as I can ascertain) created by me and while I do not have any protection overseas (other than here in NZ) I can only guess that the word was seen after my publishing of it...in various ways. I am considering selling it (the name) which is why I ask these questions.

Soda-MN-Good
12-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Not to be obvious, but the value is zero. Until you find someone who you can pursuade into believing that your brand or trademark can be valuable to them. Then it wil be up to them to asign a value to your idea and offer you an amount for it.

Until someone else finds it valuable, the current value is zero.

Mr Zabe
12-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Not to be obvious, but the value is zero. Until you find someone who you can pursuade into believing that your brand or trademark can be valuable to them. Then it wil be up to them to asign a value to your idea and offer you an amount for it.

Until someone else finds it valuable, the current value is zero.Very well said!

Android
12-16-2008, 05:39 PM
And here I was thinking this was going to be another person shaking their head at what Pepsi's done to their trademark...! :rolleyes: