PDA

View Full Version : Canada Dry, Vernors, or Shweppes?...

Dobroplayer
12-16-2008, 04:22 AM
Which is your favorite Ginger Ale?

Normally for me its Canada Dry. I like its crisp flavor, but every once in a while I love that strong Vernors flavor.

(I like Shweppes, too, though)

DP

CitrusCola
12-16-2008, 07:27 AM
The ginger ale lovers in my family seem to fall into two camps.

Those who like "dry" ginger ale seem to prefer Canada Dry.

Those who like "golden" ginger ale seem to prefer Red Rock (which has capsaicin in it) or Vernor's.

meetingpeopleiseasy
12-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Reed's is the best.

skylark68
12-16-2008, 04:53 PM
For everyday ginger ale, I prefer Seagram's.

I like Boylan's Ginger Ale though, it's pretty tasty (although harder to find and more expensive).

DGibb
12-18-2008, 10:49 AM
Being a Detroit area native, there is a special place in my heart (and stomach) for Vernors. However, I have been becoming more of a ginger *beer* fan than I am ginger ale. Don't get me wrong, I love the Cranberry Canada Dry for the season, and the Fever Tree Ginger Ale that we use at work for our mixers at the bar is delightful, but Barritt's Ginger Beer (Bermuda) and Reed's Ginger Beer (Jamaica) are fast favorites of mine. It all started when they started selling the Gosling's "Stormy" Ginger Beer when I was a teenager. I had no idea that it was for a drink called a Dark and Stormy comprised of Gosling's Dark Rum and Ginger Beer with a delicious squeeze of lime (delicious all around!); I just knew I loved it!

fusion
12-18-2008, 01:06 PM
Vernor's with sugar in a longneck glass bottle. I've found them at West End Market in Akron OH and Jungle Jim's in Fairfield OH.

Dobroplayer
12-20-2008, 03:18 AM
Wow. Lots of brands I havent heard of.

May have to look around for some of those brands.

DP

BRH
12-21-2008, 02:04 AM
I've always liked Seagram's Ginger Ale better than either Canada Dry or Schweppes. Seagram's is a bit sweeter and smoother with less bite, which I like. The only problem is that no one distributes Seagram's in my area (East Tennessee). We have Canada Dry, Schweppes and Vernor's, but no Seagrams :(

Dobroplayer
12-21-2008, 04:13 AM
BRH...

I'm in Central Kentucky, and thats about all I can find here as well.

The only other ginger ale I have found is the Kroger Big K ginger ale....which is actually pretty good.

It tastes like a less bold Vernors.

DP

Dobroplayer
12-21-2008, 04:19 AM
D GIBB,

"Cranberry Canada Dry"

Cranberry Canada Dry??? Man that sounds good!

Is it nationally sold??

BluejacketT
12-24-2008, 12:21 PM
White Rock Ginger Ale. I found it at a Drug Warehouse.

Wally1912
12-24-2008, 01:31 PM
I really enjoy Vernor's but it's not sold in the New England area. I make sure to pick some up when I go on vacation to the Midwest or Florida.
From the stuff sold locally, I'll buy Canada Dry or Polar Dry Ginger Ale (http://www.polarbev.com/PRODUCTS/Mixers/GingerAle/tabid/107/Default.aspx), which has a really nice ginger bite. Polar also makes a Golden Ginger Ale (http://www.polarbev.com/PRODUCTS/Flavors/Regular/GoldenGingerAle/tabid/72/Default.aspx), somewhat similar to Vernor's, which is good. I also enjoy Boylan's Ginger Ale in the glass bottles and sweetened with cane sugar.

Swifty
01-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Vernor's makes me very happy.

But if I can find a Belnheim with a pink cap, then I'm in heaven.

rollntider
01-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Vernors is my fave , but that cranberry canada dry is some darn good stuff.

Any of you guys try buffalo rock? It burns to much for me, but every now and again I will drink one. (Its in Alabama and the south)

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-08-2009, 10:05 PM
I've tried Canada Dry and Seagram's... and both are great...

skylark68
01-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Vernors is my fave , but that cranberry canada dry is some darn good stuff.

Any of you guys try buffalo rock? It burns to much for me, but every now and again I will drink one. (Its in Alabama and the south)

I went through Birmingham, AL on a trip a couple of years ago and picked up a 12 pack at a local grocery store.

That stuff inflames all of your sinuses.

It tastes pretty good but I don't think I finished a single can.