PDA

View Full Version : Let them Drink Diet Soda

MATHA531
12-16-2008, 06:41 PM
The Governor of New York State as part of his attempts to balance the state budget has proposed an 18% obesity tax on sugar laced drinks including soda pop. Diet (or no calory I suppose) sodas would be exempt.

Interresting...wonder if the percentage of diet coke and coke zero will rise.

greg
12-16-2008, 06:46 PM
The Governor of New York State as part of his attempts to balance the state budget has proposed an 18% obesity tax on sugar laced drinks including soda pop. Diet (or no calory I suppose) sodas would be exempt.

Interresting...wonder if the percentage of diet coke and coke zero will rise.

18% is absurd......freaking rediculous. A tax on the soda industry is rediculous. Why not potato chips, candy, water, bread?
How about we tax a politician every time he or she gets up in front of the camera and makes idiotic proposals, such as an 18% tax on suagry drinks, killing Christmas in Washington State Schools, Changing a Christmas play until January so as not to interfere with a Muslim Holiday here in Florida,,,I can go on.

drpep
12-16-2008, 09:28 PM
I don't like Walmart but if I have to go 30 miles into Pennsylvania once a month to by my Dr Pepper there I will. At least I'll still be able to by my Coke Zero in NY.
Some old hag wrote a letter to the local newspaper's opinion page suggesting a higher tax on bottled water (already taxed in NY) because of the amount of trash created by the bottles. She says we have good drinkable water from our taps. Great idea ya old pig, punish me for having undrinkable tap water.

Tannerman
12-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Since they use HFCS and not sugar, do they even apply :)