PDA

View Full Version : was holiday packaging rare this year?

popologist
12-26-2008, 08:46 AM
the holidays are about over and, maybe it's just me, but i don't remember seeing that much holiday packaging (on soda) this year. did anyone else notice the same thing?

part of it might've been that pepsi switched to its new logo, so they didn't really have holiday packaging this year. but even coca-cola, which usually goes all out for the holidays, seemed a little stingy with the holiday packaging this year.

am i wrong?

fusion
12-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Coke, CF Coke, Diet Coke, CF Diet Coke, Sprite and Sprite Zero 2L and 12 packs had holiday packaging. That was it. No Coke Zero, no 24 packs, no 20oz.

Oh, and don't forget the 6 pack 8.5oz package (4 pack @ Target). But the bottles were retro logo, not holiday.

fusion
12-26-2008, 03:27 PM
2L Canada Dry reg/diet and 7Up reg/diet also had holiday packaging this year.

popologist
12-26-2008, 04:22 PM
well, i did see holiday packaging on coke products, but it didn't seem as prominent as usual (there were still a lot of facings of non-holiday packaging). but maybe it was just my location (NYC). maybe, since NYC is so multi-cultural, they didn't make all of the packaging holiday-themed.

drpep
12-26-2008, 06:26 PM
I agree with Pop, I did not see much Coca Cola holiday packages in upstate NY. Mostly Coke Classic and Diet Coke 12 packs and 2 liter. I'm sure what holiday packages were around won't last on shelves as long as previous years. I did see some Schweppes 2 liters around.

fusion
12-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Right, the Schweppes black labels. I thought they looked a little off.

popologist
12-26-2008, 08:23 PM
I agree with Pop, I did not see much Coca Cola holiday packages in upstate NY. Mostly Coke Classic and Diet Coke 12 packs and 2 liter. I'm sure what holiday packages were around won't last on shelves as long as previous years. I did see some Schweppes 2 liters around.

maybe because of the recession, bottlers didn't want the added expense of producing holiday packaging. although... i'd think that holiday packaging might actually lead to additional sales... particularly, this year, since pepsi didn't have any competing holiday packaging.

maybe it was just a NY-area issue though. maybe the rest of the country got the usual amount of holiday packaging.