PDA

View Full Version : New Mountain Dew Can/Logo: Awful!

ThePieHole
12-29-2008, 02:22 AM
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/Gudus/MtnDew.jpg

Terrible.

Mr Zabe
12-29-2008, 05:45 AM
Very scary looking.
It looks like an ED design knock off.
I wonder how this design would encourage
impulse sales.

Android
12-29-2008, 05:56 AM
At least they didn't use their first idea for a new logo, that one was even worse.http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/images/smiles/eusa_wall.gif

popologist
12-29-2008, 08:39 AM
who's in charge over at pepsi anyway?!?

Ram0n C0keah0lic
12-29-2008, 01:36 PM
It still reminds me this logo...

http://www.necsports.com/store/images/MOUNTAIN-DEW-LOGO-NEW.jpg

Mr Zabe
12-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Mr R
That logo would be fine by me.
At least it has proper English and
the design has a pleasing balance.

BluejacketT
12-29-2008, 08:59 PM
The new Mountain Dew can/logo is ugly & boring. I think I'm gonna have a dream w/ mountains crushing me looking at it.

leisuredrummer
01-03-2009, 08:57 PM
I feel like in order to drink Mountain Dew now I have to be paintballing whilst blogging about fashion on myspace.

Camo and internet jargon dont mix.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Mr R
That logo would be fine by me.
At least it has proper English and
the design has a pleasing balance.

I agree... I still don't understand why they abbreviated the Mountain to MTN... I know that abbreviations worked in some cases: IHOP, RBK, HP... but this is ridiculous...

Dewman1979
01-03-2009, 10:55 PM
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/Gudus/MtnDew.jpg

Terrible.

what an atrocity.

Android
01-04-2009, 02:15 AM
DUDE, U SEEN NEW MTN DEW LOGO- IT RULES

... NOT!

This is not like an IHOP or an HP abbreviation, this is just a freaking extension of the text messaging mindset. I know Mountain Dew, like Pepsi, has tried to target the youth market... and even though I don't even like Mountain Dew, turning it into a text message abbreviation?? ARGH! http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/images/smiles/eusa_wall.gif But then, I hate texting in general. I guess that's because I actually remember a little of what I learned about English in school, plus when I took my typing class, it was the final year they used actual typewriters. Abbreviations and spell checkers were not acceptable then. Not that I became a very good typist, still I'm not bad either. I can't stand not having a real keyboard to try to send a "written" message. In the time it takes me to do any kind of a real message on my phone, I could get out my laptop, power it up, and if there's a wireless connection, get online and go to the cellphone company's website, access the send-a-text function and type out a REAL message with correct grammar and punctuation and send it. Okay, okay, I'll stop ranting now.... :rolleyes:

-Andy

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-04-2009, 04:10 AM
I forgot to add something...

I hope Coca-Cola doesn't follow the steps of PepsiCo renaming Delaware Punch as DE Punch

popologist
01-04-2009, 05:44 AM
I forgot to add something...

I hope Coca-Cola doesn't follow the steps of PepsiCo renaming Delaware Punch as DE Punch

i doubt it. coca-cola has been making better decisions than pepsi recently.

Cherry7Up
01-04-2009, 04:00 PM
I can't stand not having a real keyboard to try to send a "written" message. In the time it takes me to do any kind of a real message on my phone, I could get out my laptop, power it up, and if there's a wireless connection, get online and go to the cellphone company's website, access the send-a-text function and type out a REAL message with correct grammar and punctuation and send it. Okay, okay, I'll stop ranting now.... :rolleyes:

-Andy
No, you couldn't. Unless you really, really, really have trouble typing on your phone.

meetingpeopleiseasy
01-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Omg wtf mtn dew!

Yugh
01-04-2009, 04:35 PM
What in the hell are you old geezers smoking? You guys do understand that mountain dew has always and will always be for the teen/20 year olds crowd right? All of my friends and various people I've asked said that they like the new design. The new design represents mountain dew better than any other previous one because it shows trees in the mountains. Mountain dew hence dew made from the mountains! What else better represents the name of the drink better than showing trees?

Mr Zabe
01-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Try doing a Google search on Mt Dew.
From day one there were tree's and from
day one MD was positioned for the youth market.
My point (majority of this board's point) is that the
new design is not appealing to the eye. I'm all
for the youth market. I would like to be able to
read the writing and see some design balance.
IMO the new design has neither.

popologist
01-04-2009, 04:59 PM
wtch ur mth u lil whpr snpr!!!

What in the hell are you old geezers smoking? You guys do understand that mountain dew has always and will always be for the teen/20 year olds crowd right? All of my friends and various people I've asked said that they like the new design. The new design represents mountain dew better than any other previous one because it shows trees in the mountains. Mountain dew hence dew made from the mountains! What else better represents the name of the drink better than showing trees?

BriGuy20
01-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Not interested, I'm going to go back and hook up my energy drinks to an IV.

SRY TXT LTRING IZNT 4 ME.

leisuredrummer
01-13-2009, 03:18 AM

Im 24 and I think the design is terrible. Is that what those are in the background, trees? Really? Is that what best represents Mountain Dew the best because I thought it was abbreviating Mountain, that seems to represent Mountains and trees the best to me.

MTN makes me think of mountains, trees, snow, all that good stuff...NO. What the hell are you smoking, go back to myspace.

mjb1124
01-13-2009, 12:37 PM
I thought it was supposed to be mountains in the background, which of course would make more sense. Still don't like the design, although it's slightly better than the one that was proposed earlier.

On another note, I don't really understand the association of "Mtn" with text lingo. That abbreviation was used long before cell phones were invented. It's not like they renamed the product "OMG MTN DEW LOLz". But I still would've rather they left it alone.