PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Dr Pepper coming

drpep
12-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Was told by the Pepsi (Sayre, PA area) rep that Cherry Dr Pepper (NOT Cherry Vanilla) should be out within a month.

Ron Swedelson
12-30-2008, 09:47 PM
I tried samples last month of the Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper...wow. All I can say is that it is amazingly good. I am not a cherry soda fan, and am simply ok with Dr. Pepper. But this is new flavor.

drpep
12-30-2008, 09:59 PM
and you failed to tell us about this then because...?? ;)

doulasc
12-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Will it be in both Diet and Regular? Just recently Diet Cherry Vanilla DP disappeared from Ohio and
Non diet has been gone for a year now.

XLS_04
12-31-2008, 12:35 AM
All Dr Pepper flavor extensions were originally limited edition. Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper was supposed to be pulled in 2006 but due to higher than expected sales they kept it around longer. Hopefully they have Cherry Dr Pepper in both diet and regular.

el hombre de los moleculos
12-31-2008, 12:52 AM
sounds great, can't wait.

CitrusCola
12-31-2008, 07:12 AM
If it's available in diet, I'm looking forward to trying it. I didn't care much for the cherry-vanilla version.

mofizz
12-31-2008, 09:27 AM
I got a sample about 3 weeks ago. Very tasty, reminds me of Cheerwine a little. It will be available in both regular and diet.

meetingpeopleiseasy
12-31-2008, 05:08 PM
Oh, this sounds awesome. Can't wait.

Swifty
01-01-2009, 08:26 AM
How similar was it to Red Fusion? As I recall, that was a cherry-infused variation of Dr. P.

doulasc
01-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Is this Cherry DP going to replace Cherry Vanilla DP? I hope Cherry DP will last. I can no longer find
Cherry Vanilla DP and Berries and Cream did not last long.

popologist
01-01-2009, 07:20 PM
i always thought that Dr P sort of tasted like Cherry Coke the way it was. it will be interesting to see how this will taste.

mjb1124
01-02-2009, 12:14 AM
^I don't think they taste that close, but my mother has said she can't tell them apart.

Why does almost every DP flavor extension seem to be cherry something-or-other? I always thought that both Red Fusion and Cherry Vanilla were too close to the original. I can't see this being any different, but I'll give it a shot. For me, the best DP flavor extension by far was Berries & Cream - it's too bad that's not around anymore.

DPDude
01-11-2009, 01:19 AM
Is this Cherry DP going to replace Cherry Vanilla DP? I hope Cherry DP will last. I can no longer find

Cherry Vanilla and Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper has officially been discontinued in south Texas (San Antonio and Austin) and as far as I can tell will be gone from the entire channel in the near future. I found some in central Texas (Waco and Temple) this afternoon but stocks seem to be getting low.

I visited the Dr Pepper Museum in Waco, TX today and upon going through their 2009 calendar I found that they had pics of the new Cherry and Diet Cherry Dr Pepper cans for the month of March and the 12 pack cans and 2 liter sizes for April.

I'll miss CVDP and DCVDP when they're gone but at least they are being replaced by something else.

DPDude
01-11-2009, 01:25 AM
...and this is from the 2009 Dr Pepper calendar:

meetingpeopleiseasy
01-11-2009, 06:10 PM
...and this is from the 2009 Dr Pepper calendar:
Yes, please.

Dewman1979
01-18-2009, 12:46 AM
Cherry Vanilla and Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper has officially been discontinued in south Texas (San Antonio and Austin) and as far as I can tell will be gone from the entire channel in the near future. I found some in central Texas (Waco and Temple) this afternoon but stocks seem to be getting low.

I visited the Dr Pepper Museum in Waco, TX today and upon going through their 2009 calendar I found that they had pics of the new Cherry and Diet Cherry Dr Pepper cans for the month of March and the 12 pack cans and 2 liter sizes for April.

I'll miss CVDP and DCVDP when they're gone but at least they are being replaced by something else.

still have it here, and still don't like it. I liked berries and creme a bit.

cherryvanillaluver
02-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Was told by the Pepsi (Sayre, PA area) rep that Cherry Dr Pepper (NOT Cherry Vanilla) should be out within a month.

What was wrong with cherry vanilla Dr Pepper??? I Loved it and now can't get it any where. There many people that also liked it and miss it too. I am now reduced to going to Sonic to get it mixed there; not quite the same.

drpep
02-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Cherry Vanilla and Diet Cherry Vanilla are still listed on Dr Pepper's website.

Dobroplayer
02-09-2009, 04:02 AM
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I always thought that Dr Pepper had as its primary flavor "cherry"

Then the other 22 flavors were mixed in, but it was still primarilly cherry. So the "cherry" Dr Pepper would be a bit redundant.

Of course Dr Pepper isnt one of my big favorites. To me the 23 flavors is TOO MANY. I dont like a soft drink that leaves me wondering...WHAT IS IT?

But again, I always thought it was more cherry than the other 22 flavors.

Am I wrong about Dr Pepper being primarily a cherry drink?

DP

Jeff53088
02-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Yeah i know Dr.pepper is good. You can still fine Cherry vanilla Dr.pepper here Iowa/Nebraska the stuff is damn good and i cant wait until cherry Dr.pepper comes out cause its something new.

Mr Zabe
02-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm a loyal one fridge pack per week drinker of
Dr Pepper; I'm just not digging the various cherry extensions.
I would like to see Dr Pepper jump out of the box and dazzel
me with a completely different flavor extension.

02-14-2009, 10:35 AM
i agree, enough cherry, i would like to see a vanilla dr. pepper. i have those made at sonic and it's awesome.

Ron Swedelson
02-14-2009, 05:20 PM
I am not a cherry soda fan. I do like Diet Dr Pepper. But I have to say, this Cherry Dr. Pepper and Dt. Dr. are so freaking good.

drpep
02-14-2009, 08:01 PM
So far I'm only seeing Cherry Dr Pepper in Williamsport, PA Pepsi territory.
Today I found Diet in 20oz plastic when I went to PA.
No one else on this board has seen it in retail yet?

Alan11
02-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Found both regular Cherry and Diet Cherry in 20 oz today at Kroger in Roanoke, Virginia. They were on special for 1.19. The Diet isn't bad at all, the cherry is a good mixture and not too overpowering. Didn't look to see if it were in 12 packs or 2 Liters though.

drpep
02-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Regular and Diet 20oz found today in Sayre, PA. No 12 packs there yet.

BottleBoss
02-18-2009, 11:48 AM
My only beef with these flavor extensions is that they tend to be very weak. Meaning the cherry is not very strong, vanilla, etc.... I hope this one is different.

Mr Zabe
02-18-2009, 02:21 PM
My only beef with these flavor extensions is that they tend to be very weak. Meaning the cherry is not very strong, vanilla, etc.... I hope this one is different. I second your beef.

drpep
02-18-2009, 03:13 PM
You won't like this one Boss. The Cherry is there but if you are not a regular drinker of Dr Pepper you may not even know you were drinking Cherry Dr Pepper.

bigworld
03-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Just tried the diet. It's too smooth for me, almost bland. It's missing the bite of regular Dr Pepper, which I love.

I'll be sticking with Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi, I think.

mcmannors
03-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Both diet and regular Cherry Dr Pepper are available in East Stroudsburg, Pa. In 12 packs, 2 litre bottles, and 20 oz. bottles. It's still not available here in New Jersey.

It's ok, but I prefer plain ol' Dr Pepper (regular & diet), without any flavor extensions. This one does taste like Cheerwine, like somebody else mentioned.

Swifty
03-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Found it in Charleston, SC today. One 12pack of diet was left, and two of regular. So it's being slowwwwwly dribbled out.

I kinda like the diet. Very smooth.

03-01-2009, 11:13 PM
cherry dr pepper is out in the triad area of nc, didn't see diet, but tried it and can't say i'm that impressed. as someone mentioned earlier, it is definately missing that "kick". cherry is too strong. i bought a twelve pack, probably will end up giving it away to my parents or something, lol.

Android
03-02-2009, 12:39 AM
I tried the diet today as well... both normal and diet were onsale along side Cherry Vanilla and diet CV I noticed (northern Colorado) I thought the diet was OK, nothing special though. I do think it'd make a good mixer.

-Andy

greg
03-02-2009, 09:31 AM
My wife picked up an 8pack of Diet Cherry Dr.Pepper...Taste just like regular Dr.Pepper.
I was upset when the Pepsi Dist dropped the DCVDP in this area but then brought it back so I was happy again. Then they dropped it again but picked up DCFDP so again, upset but then I was happy. BUT, they dropped it to make room for DCDP yet agiain I was upset, but I tried DCDP..so I am happy again, I'm sure in 6 months they will disappointment me again by dropping DCDP

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-02-2009, 10:45 AM
My question is... if Dr. Pepper tastes like cherry, why adding it more cherry taste?

BluejacketT
03-02-2009, 11:44 AM
The regular Cherry Dr Pepper (could only find it at Wal-Mart) is good & smooth. I couldn't find the diet version.

mjb1124
03-04-2009, 01:06 AM
Tried the regular today. It tastes like a slightly sweeter, smoother Dr Pepper... or a less sweet Red Fusion. I enjoyed it, but much like RF, I'm just not sure if it will be distinguishable enough from the original to be a success.

drpep
03-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Maybe it depends on what you eat , if anything, or the temeperature of this drink. I'm on my third 12 pack and sometimes the cherry taste is there and sometimes I barely notice it. All three 12 packs were must have been from the same batch because they were purchased in the same store within 3 weeks of its introduction.

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-09-2009, 08:00 PM
haven't seen it yet in lansing, michigan area. they just roled out reg/diet sunkist lemonade to complement the cherry limeade and orange.

weird, no grape or strawb...

Swifty
03-09-2009, 09:39 PM
My question is... if Dr. Pepper tastes like cherry, why adding it more cherry taste?

It's sort of like bacon-wrapped bacon. Somehow, it's more than twice as good as regular bacon.

DrPepperYummy
03-11-2009, 12:47 PM
It's sort of like bacon-wrapped bacon. Somehow, it's more than twice as good as regular bacon.

Mmmmm I love Bacon and DrPepper... if only there was a bacon soda...

CitrusCola
03-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Mmmmm I love Bacon and DrPepper... if only there was a bacon soda...

Arm & Hammer

Mr Zabe
03-11-2009, 03:07 PM
FYI
The Chicago area Jewel Food Stores now have
Dr Pepper Cherry.

Tannerman
03-11-2009, 03:39 PM
FYI
The Chicago area Jewel Food Stores now have
Dr Pepper Cherry.

Zabe, what sizes are we talking about?

fusion
03-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Still none here in Delaware.

Mr Zabe
03-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Zabe, what sizes are we talking about?
The Jewel add shows fridge packs. I did not see or notice any other sizes.

BluejacketT
03-11-2009, 09:24 PM
The Alps in Muskogee have Dr Pepper Cherry in 12pks. It was shown in their small ad on the bottom of the sports section (page 1B).

I tried the diet version today. It kinda tastes like the regular version except for the aftertaste.

CitrusCola
03-13-2009, 04:41 AM
My wife bought a 6-pack (8-oz. cans) of the Diet Dr Pepper Cherry yesterday. I just tried it, and it's not bad. It has less bite than regular Dr Pepper and a cherry aftertaste.

MATHA531
03-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Found a couple of fridge packs at a Key Food in Brooklyn, NY both regular and diet. Tried the diet...it's fine (but nowhere near as good as Coke zero Cherry which is becoming harder and harder to find in 2 liter bottles)....

Wally1912
03-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Regular and Diet Cherry Dr Pepper are here in Boston at Shaw's supermarkets in 12-pack cans, produced by Coca-Cola Enterprises Hartford.
The regular poured deep-red over ice and it had an aroma of standard Dr Pepper, but certainly not the bite. It actually reminded me of Cheerwine.

mjb13
03-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Regular and Diet Cherry Dr Pepper are here in Boston at Shaw's supermarkets in 12-pack cans, produced by Coca-Cola Enterprises Hartford.
The regular poured deep-red over ice and it had an aroma of standard Dr Pepper, but certainly not the bite. It actually reminded me of Cheerwine.

I tasted my first can of regular Dr Pepper Cherry today (also from CCE plant KH). I agree that it is reminiscent of Cheerwine.

CitrusCola
03-13-2009, 07:53 PM
I tasted my first can of regular Dr Pepper Cherry today (also from CCE plant KH). I agree that it is reminiscent of Cheerwine.

While the taste is somewhat similar to that of Cheerwine, it does not have the high carbonation level that Cheerwine has.

fusion
03-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Pepsi has Dr Pepper in most of Maryland (excluding the western counties), so it should be readily available. I've seen 20oz, 2L and 12 packs, mostly from plant BE.

ScottyLibido
03-18-2009, 08:34 AM
Went to every chain store in Detroit looking for it (Kroger, WalMart, Target, Meijer, etc) and only found it at Hiller's

Jim.
03-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Finally found this yesterday. Tried the diet version. It's pretty good. The cherry flavor is strong, but there is still the hint of Dr. Pepper.

Acheron
03-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Tried a bottle of the diet today, which just became available in these parts, and I disagree with the sentiment that it tastes like Cheerwine. It has a far 'heavier', more complex flavor than Cheerwine. Perhaps if you removed the spicy cherry component of the flavor profile (you know, the thing that makes Dr Pepper Dr Peppery) it would be closer, but it just tastes like another Pepper variant to me.

DGibb
03-19-2009, 02:20 AM
I have been trying to find it for the past two weeks. Last week, on the 8th, I ran in to the Coca-Cola guy at my local Meijer Superstore (Dr. Pepper being distributed by Coke in this area), and he said they had it at the warehouse, and it should be out within the week. It still is not. I might have to venture out to the Hillers if ScottyLibido found it there...

I just want to try it!

lordmadone
03-19-2009, 04:18 PM
I love it..nothing like cheerwine...wtf?!

whotony
03-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Still none here in Delaware.

seen in Aston Pa in the shop n bag

fusion
03-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Yeah, I finally found 20oz at a c-store down here.

whotony
03-22-2009, 02:22 PM
We bought a case of cans at Acme last night too.

710 flash
03-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Hey,
I'm a Dr Pepper-holic..I tried Red Fusion,Cherry Vanilla,Berries & Cream and Diet Cherry Chocolate..Yuck!!
Cherry Dr Pepper is great..Maybe,if it's really successful,I'll be able to get it in glass bottles..I love Dr Pepper w/cane from NC and Dublin Dr Pepper from TX..

Drink On

BottleBoss
03-23-2009, 11:10 AM
Well it showed up in Charlestown West Virginia at martins food stores in 2 liter bottles so I tried some this weekend. I could not taste the cherry in what I bought. I will try a side by side comparison I suppose.

Tannerman
04-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Finally got many hands on some Dr Pepper Cherry and gave it the old "photo by the tree" treatment and review (http://www.bevreview.com/2009/04/08/dr-pepper-cherry/). Overall, I really liked this flavor. I was worried that it might be like the other flavor spinoffs that crashed and burned for the Dr, but the advertised "smooth" flavor is definitely there, and I believe, enough to set it apart from the flagship brand.

http://www.bevreview.com/wp-content/image_drpeppercherry1.jpg (http://www.bevreview.com/2009/04/08/dr-pepper-cherry/)

I also think the concept of making the packaging black with red highlights was a smart one to set it apart from the rest of the collection. It's very Cherry Coke Zero is style, but I think it works.

Tannerman
04-09-2009, 06:31 PM

I talked to someone at DPSG Corporate Affairs today regarding the future of Cherry Vanilla. When I asked about it, they responded:
Cherry Vanilla will be sticking around

I also asked about the caffeine content on the new Cherry flavor and I found this response interesting:
As for caffeine, we donít publicly provide this information currently.Why would you not provide that info?

Mana211
04-14-2009, 09:53 AM
I also asked about the caffeine content on the new Cherry flavor and I found this response interesting:Why would you not provide that info?

Dr Pepper - Products (http://www.drpepper.com/products/) shows the basic nutrition info for their drinks. I can only imagine that they don't regulate the the amount of caffeine accurately or just don't want to have to change the label each time they intentionally change the amount of caffeine in the drink.

By comparison Coke clearly states the caffeine content in their drinks. Coca-Cola Nutritional Information: Coca-Cola Nutrition Info (http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/us_nutrition.html) takes you to http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/mail/goodanswer/soft_drink_nutrition.pdf

The link above is current. The table below is from 2006 but the only thing that I know that has changed is the availability of C2 and the addition of Cherry Coke Zero.

Coke 27 HFCS, 0 asp, 0 ace-k, 0 sucralose, 23 caffeine
Diet Coke 0.1 HFCS,125 asp, 0 ace-k, 0 sucralose, 31 caffeine
Coke Zero 0.1 HFCS, 58 asp, 31 ace-k, 0 sucralose, 23 caffeine
Cherry Coke Zero 0 HCFS, 58 asp, 39 ace-k, 0 sucralose, 23 caffeine
C2 C2 12 HFCS, 12 asp, 12 ace-k, 2 sucralose, 23 caffeine
Diet w Splenda 0.1 HFCS, 0 asp, 30 ace-k,40 sucralose, 23 caffeine
Diet Cherry 0.1 HFCS, 50 asp, 34 ace-k, 0 sucralose, 23 caffeine
Mello Yello 32 HFCS, 0 asp, 0 ace-k, 0 sucralose, 35 caffeine
Dt Mello Yello 0.2 HFCS, 38 asp, 86 ace-k, 0 sucralose, 35 caffeine

copy and paste that into notepad if it is too small to read.