PDA

View Full Version : Strange float combos

scum1
01-03-2009, 10:08 AM
My youngest daughter was thrilled the other night when she made a float using vanilla ice cream and sunkist orange soda. I started thinking. As a kid at my house we always had 2 things on hand. Dr Pepper and Chocolate ice cream. I made floats using those two most everyday and it is still my favorite float. The taste of the chocolate Dr pepper after the ice cream is gone is great(of course I was always a fan of chocolate sodas from my local drug store fountain but hard to find those now days). So what are the strange float combos you like?

leisuredrummer
01-03-2009, 09:01 PM
I like to experiment with an ice cream float every now and then. Although it's not wild by any means, my personal favorite type of float would have to be a rootbeer float. Made of course with H-E-B's Old Fashioned Root Beer.

scum1
01-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Maybe I need to do some research. I have some ice cream and a good selection of sodas at the house. Anyone up for a mountain dew and strawberry ice cream float or a cherry coke zero and chocolate ice cream? This could be fun.

Mr Zabe
01-04-2009, 10:59 AM
How about Cream Soda splashed on Strawberry ice cream?
Or
"Blue Balls" float.......Berry (blueberry) soda pop splashed over
NY Cheese Cake ice cream.

Popados
01-13-2009, 07:29 AM
Strawberry Lambic & vanilla ice cream.

DGibb
01-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Here in Michigan, Faygo has always been a float staple. Whether you enjoy Redpop (strawberry) or Rock 'N' Rye (my favorite), or the traditional Cola or Root Beer, they were always popular. I also liked Black Cherry floats.

We would also do Sunkist floats -- creamsicles, anyone?