PDA

View Full Version : Oxo-biodegradable bottle preforms and caps

BioGreen2
01-07-2009, 04:04 PM
My company, BioGreen Products Co., offers oxo-biodegradable plastic preforms and caps. These are made with conventional PET, and cannot be distinguished from conventional PET by looking at them. They are not PLA, aka spudware or starch based plastics, and are not similar to PAL. Our preforms are crystal clear, and have all of the properties of conventional PET except for the multi-century lifespan. Our bottles start to biodegrade after their two year shelf life, under the same conditions that will cause a fallen leaf to biodegrade. Unlike PLA, our PET plastics can be recycled along with conventional PET, so its win-win for the environment. Our bottles are also less expensive than PLA, and are completely impervious to water during their 2 year shelf life. There has been tremendous criticism of bottled water, mostly based on issues connected to disposing of the empty bottles. Our products are the answer to this criticism. Read more at http://biogreenproducts.biz/ (our website for the trade,) or at Bio Green Products (http://biogreenproducts.net/) (our website for the public.) -Tim Dunn, BioGreen Products Co.

Christian Prickett
02-09-2009, 05:19 PM
What is the difference between your product and Bio-Tec Environmental, who offers an addititive to add to PE or PP resins? Feel free to email me with more information.

Do you have evidence of a FULL biodegration or is it a percentage biodegrade of the bottle so far?

Thanks,

Christian

BioGreen2
02-17-2009, 11:38 PM
What is the difference between your product and Bio-Tec Environmental, who offers an addititive to add to PE or PP resins? Feel free to email me with more information.

Do you have evidence of a FULL biodegration or is it a percentage biodegrade of the bottle so far?

Thanks,

Christian

Hi, Christian - We are using the same additive as Bio-Tec now. They are actually using a product made by someone else and rebranding it under their name. This is a third generation additive, and it isn't the same as 'oxo' You can get full details at Biogreen Products. Co. homepage (http://biogreenproducts.biz) . The additive maker makes this claim - 'fully biodegrades in 9 months to 5 years, depending on conditions. No heat, light, oxygen, or mechanical stress is needed to initiate biodegradation or to complete biodegradation.' Slower biodegredation than PLA is a good thing, because it means that any methane generated is generated after the landfill is capped, and so gasses are either used or at least burned off.

Thanks, Tim Dunn, BioGreen Products Co.

Teresa Clark
07-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Let me clarify at point. BioGreen products are not the same as products made using EcoPure (the additive manufactured by Bio-Tec Environmental). Bio-Tec's additive is patented and is not simply a product resold under a different name. If you are unsure, I recommend getting samples from both companies and send them to a lab of your choice for bio degradation and composition testing.

There are quite a few companies out there that claim to be the "same" as Bio-Tec's product. This is simply because Bio-Tec's product really works. It is not a starch based or metal ion based additive. At ENSO Bottles, we use EcoPure G2 and have not found any product that compares. Many companies have spent thousands or millions of dollars trying out these so called "same" products only to find disappointment, waste of time and money and ultimately return to Bio-Tec to get the only additive proven to work - EcoPure.

Feel free to send me any questions as I am happy to provide information and education on this topic.

BioGreen2
11-25-2009, 02:38 AM
BioGreen Products now uses ENA, a microbiodegradable additive. We switched from using Welles Plastics Reverte additive to ENA when we discovered that the new technology biodegraded more reliably in landfills. On our website at Biogreen Products. Co. homepage (http://biogreenproducts.biz) you can read about the differences between our current microbiodegradable technology and the older technology, oxo-biodegradable plastic.

Bale Mrs
06-15-2010, 01:24 AM
Im just wondering what is the difference between Eco-pure and Reverte, i have read that most companies are changing to Reverte is something wrong with Eco-pure? Your help will be great.

Teresa Clark
06-24-2010, 06:01 AM
Mrs Bale

Two different technologies. If you just want to remove the visual aspect of littered plastic, Reverte (or any other oxo-degradable technology) will work just fine. If you are looking for a biodegradable plastic that addresses the problem of plastic and ensures that it will completely biodegrade (meaning it is degraded by the naturally occuring organisms in the environment and converted to inert humus and gas - just like any other plant based material) then you need a different solution. Make this an easy process, take a look at ENSO bottles website, it will explain a lot....

I am not sure where your information came from, but I think you will be hard pressed to find even one company that has converted from a biodegradable plastic like ENSO to an oxodegradable.