PDA

View Full Version : CCE New Product / Package News

joshal1980
01-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Here are some of the major happenings in January, February, March and April 2009 at CCE:

* V8 V-Fusion Acai Mixed Berry (12 oz. Bottles)

* Minuate Maid 6-Pack 500 ml. (Lemonade, Light Lemonade, and Light Orageade)

* Powerade Re-Launch w/ ION4 Advanced Electrolyte System

* Nestea Red Tea Pomegranate Passion Fruit (20 oz. Bottles & 12-Pack 500 ml.)

* Dasani Essence (18.5 oz. Bottles: Lime, Strawberry Kiwi, & Black Cherry; 4-Pack 16 oz. Bottles: Lime and Strawberry Kiwi)

* VitaminWater10 (20 oz. Bottles: XXX, Energy, Essential, and Multi-V; 4-Pack 16 oz. Bottles: XXX & Essential)

* VitaminWater Flavors: Tranquilo (Tamarind-Pineapple) & Sync (Berry-Cherry)

* VitaminWater Multi-Packs: 4-Pack 16 oz. Bottles: XXX, Power-C Revive, and Energy; 8-Pack 12 oz. Bottles: Power-C, Revive, Essential, and Focus

XLS_04
01-08-2009, 02:10 AM
PowerAde "re-launch", again!?!? this is like the 4th time. As far as Minute Maid, they should have kept the Limeade flavor around. Have not tried Orangeade flavor yet though.

Now I know they will be test marketing new graphics for Caffeine Free Coke in very few select areas with the word "classic" removed. Have they said anything to the employees yet? They probably wont say anything unless they decide to use the graphics.

Some of these things mentioned that Coca-Cola will be doing was thought of about 10 months ago, glad some of it is actually getting the green light. They will also be continuing to try the 16oz. bottles in more C-Stores. These bottles will be made with less plastic and should be lighter.

I will have to look more into a relaunch for PowerAde though, because they can only re-launch something so many times in a 15 year period.

Chad.
01-08-2009, 06:11 AM
CCNA says it has transformed Powerade with a revolutionary new formulation based on the latest hydration science, which enhances the brand's ION4 advanced electrolyte system. The new formulation will sport new graphics and a new sour melon flavor, replacing Green Squall, and will be backed by a multifaceted national marketing campaign, according to the company.

Swifty
01-08-2009, 09:15 AM
PowerAde "re-launch", again!?!? this is like the 4th time. As far as Minute Maid, they should have kept the Limeade flavor around. Have not tried Orangeade flavor yet though.

Now I know they will be test marketing new graphics for Caffeine Free Coke in very few select areas with the word "classic" removed. Have they said anything to the employees yet? They probably wont say anything unless they decide to use the graphics.

Some of these things mentioned that Coca-Cola will be doing was thought of about 10 months ago, glad some of it is actually getting the green light. They will also be continuing to try the 16oz. bottles in more C-Stores. These bottles will be made with less plastic and should be lighter.

I will have to look more into a relaunch for PowerAde though, because they can only re-launch something so many times in a 15 year period.

Did you say removing "classic"?

Is this a preliminary test to see if they can remove "classic" from regular coke packaging as well?

popologist
01-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Now I know they will be test marketing new graphics for Caffeine Free Coke in very few select areas with the word "classic" removed.

removing the word "classic" is long overdue. let's hope they do it to all their coke packaging soon.

fusion
01-08-2009, 11:38 AM
No word on Sprite Green?

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-08-2009, 11:59 AM
any pictures?

Yugh
01-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Any word on when the new vitamin waters will hit? That cherry berry sounds good.

joshal1980
01-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Any word on when the new vitamin waters will hit? That cherry berry sounds good.

March 2009

bigrich
01-08-2009, 05:32 PM
One good sign on the Target X-Mas bottle the word "Classic" was not used.

joshal1980
01-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Here are a few pictures.

Yugh
01-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Here are a few pictures.
Thanks those pictures look interesting.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Here are a few pictures.

WOW! Thanks joshal1980!

It's really curious that this time in U.S. the name will be written as POWERADE and not POWERade...

fusion
01-08-2009, 10:30 PM
CCNA says it has transformed Powerade with a revolutionary new formulation based on the latest hydration science, which enhances the brand's ION4 advanced electrolyte system.

"We are introducing a totally new formula in 2009 that replenishes four critical electrolytes in the same ratio typically lost in sweat. This new formula, featuring the ION4 Advanced Electrolyte System, will ensure that players stay hydrated on the diamond all season long."

Corporate Sponsors (http://www.littleleague.org/Learn_More/equipment/sponsors.htm)

Ram0n C0keah0lic
01-09-2009, 01:42 AM
"We are introducing a totally new formula in 2009 that replenishes four critical electrolytes in the same ratio typically lost in sweat. This new formula, featuring the ION4 Advanced Electrolyte System, will ensure that players stay hydrated on the diamond all season long."

Corporate Sponsors (http://www.littleleague.org/Learn_More/equipment/sponsors.htm)

Thanks for the link fusion!

XLS_04
01-09-2009, 03:01 AM
removing the word "classic" is long overdue. let's hope they do it to all their coke packaging soon.

No word on regular Coke dropping the word classic, but the Caffeine Free Coke graphics will not be the same as the current graphics. I believe there are two different designs being tested.

You can't always go by what is test marketed though, or plans they have with changing a beverage. In 2006 they wanted to reformulate Coke zero with Splenda for the following year but it never happened. Another example is a Caffeine Free C2 that was test marketed but never was used.

Also Coca-Cola tried slowly removing the word "classic" in 1994 to only one facing and then in 2003 the word "classic" was brought back to facings on both sides of the bottles and cans.

popologist
01-09-2009, 09:37 AM
No word on regular Coke dropping the word classic, but the Caffeine Free Coke graphics will not be the same as the current graphics. I believe there are two different designs being tested.

You can't always go by what is test marketed though, or plans they have with changing a beverage. In 2006 they wanted to reformulate Coke zero with Splenda for the following year but it never happened. Another example is a Caffeine Free C2 that was test marketed but never was used.

Also Coca-Cola tried slowly removing the word "classic" in 1994 to only one facing and then in 2003 the word "classic" was brought back to facings on both sides of the bottles and cans.

i'm glad they didn't ruin Coke Zero with Splenda. i would've been heartbroken.

i was totally unaware that coke tried removing "classic" before. who knew it'd be such a big deal? i guess some consumers might get confused by it...

BhamCokeman
01-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Now I know why we have a Vitamin Water sales rally Monday morning.LOL The only thing about new flavors of Vitamin Water is that in half your stores you might only have 1 shelf and you have to make a decision on what 2 flavors to cut out.

I've seen the Dasani in person, and it's an awesome looking bottle, and it could possibly be replacing the Grape, Lemon and Strawberry. They've grown stagnet and just dont do what they used to.

amyers
01-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Now I know why we have a Vitamin Water sales rally Monday morning.LOL The only thing about new flavors of Vitamin Water is that in half your stores you might only have 1 shelf and you have to make a decision on what 2 flavors to cut out.

I've seen the Dasani in person, and it's an awesome looking bottle, and it could possibly be replacing the Grape, Lemon and Strawberry. They've grown stagnet and just dont do what they used to.

The Dasani bottles are just the new plastic Fuze bottles.

juniorjin
01-17-2009, 03:30 AM
does that mean that any of the vitaminwater flavors are going to be discontinued?

fusion
02-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Powerade Ion4 flavors are now in our warehouse. Looks like every flavor has switched over except lemon-lime, which is the slowest moving.

joshal1980
02-07-2009, 12:58 AM
We will soon be having 18 pks of the core brands in our territory. Just what we need, 24 pks, 20 pks, 18 pks, and 12 pks cans.

amyers
02-09-2009, 10:54 PM
We will soon be having 18 pks of the core brands in our territory. Just what we need, 24 pks, 20 pks, 18 pks, and 12 pks cans.

I've seen a picture of the 18pk's and they're plastic wrapped. I need to get up to Atlanta to get some of these

MATHA531
02-10-2009, 03:05 PM
I don't know....the summer before last a big deal was made of the re-introduction of vanilla coke and the new coke zero vanilla.

Within 3 months, without giving it a chance to grow, they were gone at least where I live in 2 liter bottles and they never returned no they never returned and their fate is still unlearned.

Every so often, I see 12 packs of 12 oz. coke zero vanilla but I don't know if they're simply left over from the initial run...to me, this was almost a crime.

fusion
02-10-2009, 05:37 PM
The 2 liters never sold that well. Both are still alive and well in 12 pack cans, and well stocked in my area in Maryland.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
02-17-2009, 08:07 PM
It seems that Minute Maid will change its logo too... found it at the USPTO Trademark Electronic Search System:

amyers
02-18-2009, 03:26 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/AaronMyers/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjAtMjAwOTAyMTQtMDAwO.jpg

new wrapped 18pk's

Ram0n C0keah0lic
02-19-2009, 01:22 AM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/AaronMyers/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjAtMjAwOTAyMTQtMDAwO.jpg

new wrapped 18pk's

Nice pic! thanks for posting!

fusion
03-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Anyone spotted those new vitaminwater flavors yet?

ThePieHole
03-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Kathy's Blog: Healthy. Happy. Life.: New from Vitamin Water: Sync and Ten Calorie Flavors (http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2009/02/new-from-vitamin-water-sync-and-ten.html)

There's a brief review and a nice screenshot of one of the 10-calorie offerings, as well as the new berry-cherry.

But no, I haven't found any in Delaware or Elkton yet; I'll let you know.

Yugh
03-02-2009, 10:48 PM
I saw the new vitamin water berry cherry here in the atlanta region but sadly I didn't try it.

Tannerman
03-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Packaging World also has some VitaminWater 10 images (http://packagingworld.blogspot.com/2009/02/vitamin-water-10.html)

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Found this new website about the non-carbonated products of The Coca-Cola Company:

http://drinksthatdostuff.com

golee1
03-11-2009, 03:04 PM
I tell you one thing, some of those VW10 flavors are awesome, especially the lemonade. Kroger here has had them 10/$10 the last two weeks. I've been stocking up.

amyers
03-12-2009, 03:13 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/AaronMyers/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMDUtMjAwOTAzMTEtMTUyN.jpg

CCE is bringing back the old CCBCC 8pk 12oz cans at Kroger. Looks like these might be taking the place of the 8oz 8pk bottles.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Nice pic of the 8-pack! thanks for posting...

BTW... Powerade website relaunched: www.us.powerade.com (http://www.us.powerade.com)

amyers
03-31-2009, 11:25 PM
These things are so cute, lol...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/AaronMyers/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMDEtMjAwOTAzMjUtMDkyM.jpg

joshal1980
03-31-2009, 11:41 PM
Just curious, what is the retail price of those 8pk 12oz cans.

popologist
03-31-2009, 11:44 PM
what's the point of the 8 pack? to give us less and charge us more...?

Android
03-31-2009, 11:56 PM
Yeah, like the 20pack.

XLS_04
04-01-2009, 12:49 AM
the 8 pack, 18 pack, and 20 pack are regional. they are nothing new.

amyers
04-02-2009, 12:17 AM
what's the point of the 8 pack? to give us less and charge us more...?

The point of the 8 pack cans is to replace the 8 pack 12oz bottles that you normally find in grocery stores and also give them the option to put them in the place of 12pk's at c-stores.

The retail price is same as most 8 pack 12oz bottles, 2 for 5.

If you think about it, it's pretty smart. They can run more of one product and package it differently (12pk, 8pk, 20pk, 24pk, 18pk, 6pk) and I'm sure it saves money.

Mr Zabe
10-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Chicago (SuperValu) Jewel Food's add has the
double wrapped 50oz bottles of Coca Cola for $2.99.
I have not see this before.

fusion
10-28-2009, 12:10 AM
They were originally test marketed in Birmingham, as 2 50.7oz (1.5L) bottles, but then they changed to 50oz bottles. We had samples of them earlier this year, but no firm date on when they would be released. The interesting thing is that in Europe, multipacks of large bottles are very common. 6 packs of 1L or 1.5L bottles are sold in stores.

Anyone who went to NACS can tell you that there are going to be two new Powerade Zero flavors - Orange and Lemon-Lime. And the Full Throttle energy drinks are going to get new packaging, and they are going to tweak the formulas as well. I don't know a firm date on either - just early next year.

fusion
10-28-2009, 12:19 AM
Did a bit of searching, check this photo out (as well as others in the photostream) for multipacks of large bottles. And in the US, some Sam's Club and BJ's locations have shrinkwrapped 6 packs of 2 liter bottles instead of the standard 4 packs with a plastic carrying handle.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/houseofsecrets/2092954289/

golee1
10-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Kroger here has the 2-pack 50 ounce, selling for $2.50 I think. Not that great of a deal when they have 2-liters on the buy more/save more sale. Buy 10 and you get em for $.79 each.

fusion
10-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Yeah, it does seem like a niche/novelty item.

Oh, and the new Powerade Zeros are in our warehouse already - guess they pushed the date up.

Mr Zabe
10-30-2009, 12:12 AM
I agree about the novelty of this packaging.
I bet the C-Stores will sell them pretty well and with
a good profit.

golee1
11-03-2009, 03:46 PM
This week Kroger is running 12 packs 3/$11 get a twin pack 50-ounce free.

fusion
11-03-2009, 05:22 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/garya/kroger2pkfree.jpg

Seems like a lot of chains in the Mid-Atlantic are using contour 2L graphics in their ads, even though we haven't gone contour yet.

XLS_04
11-04-2009, 12:57 AM
I notice something about CCE most of their product portfolio seems to be the same. When CCE buys local bottlers they change the availability of sizes, brands to what CCE normally has everywhere else.

Local independant variety is slowly going away...in about 10-20 years the whole country will probably have the same sizes and flavors.

fusion
11-04-2009, 01:33 AM
I know that when CCE bought Chicago Coke/Herbco, they got rid of Coke II in Chicago, and Welch's Grape, Sunkist, and Squirt in northeastern PA. One brand they do seem to keep is Dr Pepper. And they have Squirt and Cactus Cooler in CA.

There are some differences, though. Some areas have 24oz 6pks and others have 16.9oz 6pks (we actually have both). Some areas have 24 packs, some have 20 packs. Another regional thing is the Fanta flavors. For the longest time, we just had Orange and Grape. Now we also have Orange Zero and Strawberry. Texas seems to have a lot better variety, with Apple and Citrus.

Also, they prefer to distribute their own products instead of buying from cooperatives. Chicago Coke was a big Mid-Atlantic Canners customer, so they closed the Zanesville Ohio plant after CCE bought out Chicago. And the Hamburg PA plant closed around the time they bought Central Coke. And Central had bottle production in Pittston PA and Hagerstown MD, both of which CCE shut down. Mid-Atlantic Canners produced their 24 packs in cube packages, which was neat to see, after seeing slabs everywhere else. They also have a good variety in that package.

But you are right, things are sadly getting pretty homogeneous.

lordmadone
11-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Is that a commonality at coke? Promote something in areas well before it gets there or if it even gets there? I mean they have been talking so much about contour 2lts in our area for CCE since forever and a day now and nothing..they even had a CDA display in food lion that was supposed to be for the contour 2 liter bottles..yet they once again didnt have it so they just did their regulars..ALSO they have adjusted shelving in pretty much all chains in our area to accomodate the taller bottles but that happened MONTHS ago...sheesh..I thought my company had fake out problems..and just recently I saw promotional material from a third party company about the twin pack of 50 oz bottles for coke too..wierd as crap..who knows anymore. I did see 2 liter four packs in my handheld today..gotta check into that..

golee1
11-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Central only had the Hagerstown Production operation when CCE bought it.

fusion
11-05-2009, 01:44 AM
I really need to read my posts over before posting.

Pittston was Keystone Coke. Ebensburg PA also produced for Keystone, but I think that line shut down before the buyout.

Sorry for the confusion.

fusion
11-05-2009, 01:53 AM
Is that a commonality at coke? Promote something in areas well before it gets there or if it even gets there? I mean they have been talking so much about contour 2lts in our area for CCE since forever and a day now and nothing..they even had a CDA display in food lion that was supposed to be for the contour 2 liter bottles..yet they once again didnt have it so they just did their regulars. ALSO they have adjusted shelving in pretty much all chains in our area to accomodate the taller bottles but that happened MONTHS ago

We were told a while ago they weren't coming until 2010. But they want all the stores set before they arrive, so the reset teams had to start early, and do it when there was down time from regular resets and setups. Some chains even mandated for the shelves to be set X weeks before the changeover. And some of our resets have happened because the chains are mostly in Philadelphia, so they make the sets, but we follow them. Acme now has a 4 shelf set - 12 packs 6 high on the bottom, 8oz cans/8pk PET/6pk PET on the next shelf, and two shelves of 2L.

I guess the good thing is that around here, we have easy access to the contour 2L, since the other two Coke bottlers in the area already switched.

I did see 2 liter four packs in my handheld today..gotta check into that..

Maybe they are for club stores? I know we switched BJ's and Sam's to the shrinkwrap 6pk 2L, but here in Delaware, Philadelphia kept the 4 pack 2L. They use either a plastic cone or an I shaped hard plastic handle. Pepsi also does a similar thing. I know that previously at Sam's, Pepsi was mix/match, as long as you bought multiples of four bottles. I don't know if that changed - we don't have any clubs nearby.

CCBCC ran 4pk 2L in cardboard boxes, like you see the generic 2L soda come in, but they had color and graphics on the outside. A decent looking package, and they looked like they stacked up pretty well.

fusion
12-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Word is we should start seeing contour 2 liters on the east coast in February. And those 90 calorie sleek cans hit NYC tomorrow.