PDA

View Full Version : January 2009 Biglots

scum1
01-08-2009, 02:10 PM
sumpoosiecat should be happy. First energy shots I saw at big lots. Headshot mega shot. Very good shot by the way in 3 flavors. Great taste and kick. 1 dollar a shot. Otherwise nothing new

greg
01-08-2009, 02:37 PM
sumpoosiecat should be happy. First energy shots I saw at big lots. Headshot mega shot. Very good shot by the way in 3 flavors. Great taste and kick. 1 dollar a shot. Otherwise nothing new

I wouldn't say most of us didn't see that one coming: energy shots in Big Lots. Look at how many have came out in the last 2 years and look at the available real estate. It's not like an energy drink door or 2. Space is so very limited for shots.

SumPoosieCat
01-08-2009, 10:49 PM

Already you are seeing shots in Big Lots and its only January. A month or two ago Hitman came strolling around very late to a party that will indeed end. The glut of unnecessary shots has only just begun. They simply cost too much and are not target marketed properly. In times like these the last thing we need are more little shots for 3 or 4 bucks. This is a fad that is fading fast....

scum1
01-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Why not lower the price? Surely shots have to be cheaper to manufacture and to ship? I think if the shots were say 1 dollar or 1.50 even that might help. Even with shots showing up at big lots I don't think it is the end for them. Energy drinks have been at big lots for quite a while and that was not the end for them(only the individual companies). There are just so many that some are bound to fail. There will still be a market due to their portability. You can't carry a couple of energy drinks in your purse or back pack like you can a shot.

Caffeine King
01-10-2009, 12:15 PM
At the Big Lots near me, the following were found:
*Red Devil, $.60
*Who's Your Daddy Green Tea Citrus, $.60
*Stacker 2 Cronic Cola, $.60
*Stacker 2 Enraged Raspberry, $.60

And that's pretty much all there were. So far, January's a little disappointing.

KingOfDiamonds
01-10-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm going to big lots within the next few days so I'll report back but Iwas to the dollar tree and saw a ED I never seen before its called push it and its sugar free.:)

scum1
01-11-2009, 05:11 PM
I'll be stopping by my dollar tree today to look for that one.

I'm going to big lots within the next few days so I'll report back but Iwas to the dollar tree and saw a ED I never seen before its called push it and its sugar free.:)

Caffeine King
01-13-2009, 11:28 PM
Iwas to the dollar tree and saw a ED I never seen before its called push it and its sugar free.:)

I also saw that energy drink, and out of curiosity, I bought it, and it turned out to be a Red Bull clone(surprise surprise)

greg
01-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Why not lower the price? Surely shots have to be cheaper to manufacture and to ship? I think if the shots were say 1 dollar or 1.50 even that might help. Even with shots showing up at big lots I don't think it is the end for them. Energy drinks have been at big lots for quite a while and that was not the end for them(only the individual companies). There are just so many that some are bound to fail. There will still be a market due to their portability. You can't carry a couple of energy drinks in your purse or back pack like you can a shot.

For the most part the only difference between a shot and a regular ED is the amount of "water" in each. If you look at shots most contain MORE active ingredients in them than a regular ED. The cost is still relative to the ingredients.
The shots when palletized are still taking up the same amount of space on a truck, however, you can get more on a pallet thereby shipping greater volume and making more money per truckload.The flip side: slower turns at the DC because a truckload of shots lasts longer than a truckload of regular ED's.

CrownVic
01-20-2009, 02:59 AM
My big lots just got 12 pack cases of Rockstar 32 oz drink. It's probably expired, but i was able to pick up a case for 12 bucks. They also have cases of 12 24 oz cans of lost for 8 dollars. Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary.

BriGuy20
01-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Picked up a 12-pack of 24 oz. Lost five-0 for $8, pretty nice. I would be happier if I could find the diet varieties of Rockstar or Lost, lord knows I don't need the sugar.

Caffeine King
01-21-2009, 02:19 PM
My big lots just got 12 pack cases of Rockstar 32 oz drink. It's probably expired, but i was able to pick up a case for 12 buck.

Yeah, I saw those at Big Lots the other day too. Couldn't resist buying one(1) pack.