PDA

View Full Version : Out Of Stocks are getting BAD!!

bevdrincer
01-15-2009, 07:56 AM
Has anyone noticed how bad the store Out Of Stocks are? On my route, every store that I go to has multiple OOS situations, it is definitely the worst itís ever been. The store managers and owners are angry! Maybe the layoffs are taking affect..

Does anyone else notice the same or is it just me?

I Can't imagine how much revenue is lost.

BhamCokeman
01-15-2009, 08:35 PM
It's been a problem the last 2 months for us with everything. Everyone, everywhere keeps inventory low at the end of the year for tax purposes, and therefore we suffer.

bevdrincer
01-16-2009, 07:12 AM
Good Point; but it just seems worse this year.
I feel that so many people have been laid off from both the Distributors and Suppliers that it has become difficult to service the stores properly. My three times a week stores are down to one visit. I am surprised that they did this; they must have seen a decrease in revenue. The distributor I work for is now considering outsourcing the Merchandising Services which would be a great move for my commission!

the saint
01-17-2009, 06:51 AM
It is just that time of year, people do not want to buy anything so they do not have to pay taxes on the items, same as bhamcokeman said. this phase of business usually lasts until the last week or two of Feb. around my parts. The only thing I have noticed that the shelves are barren of are peanut butter products, that doesn't have anything to do with layoffs though.

Mr Zabe
01-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Say, regarding out of stocks. My uneducated thought is that
the bottlers are doing fewer runs due to supply and demand.
My guess is that they bottle on a strict as needed basis with far
less warehouse back supply.

The dates on DP products at least by me, are nearly 2 to 3
weeks old. I used to get DP that was 4 to 7 days fresh.
I'm not sure what the deal is??????