PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky Starbucks!

Drinkaddict
01-21-2009, 01:09 PM
I got a mystery package from Starbucks PR group yesterday, and they have a new flavor for the Starbucks + Energy. Cinnamon Dulce. I was not aware this was coming out, but the materials said it is to be released in February. I personally enjoyed this flavor. Hell, I enjoyed all the Starbucks drinks. But that is just me..

Review here. (http://www.drinkaddict.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=407&Itemid=1)

scum1
01-23-2009, 11:44 AM
I just reviewed this yesterday and to me it is the best flavor yet. I'm going out tomorrow so I can try it hot from an actual starbucks store. This stuff is like dessert in a can. I rated it as the best coffee energy I have ever tasted.

Drinkaddict
01-23-2009, 04:39 PM
I am torn, I like the regular one as much as the dulce. It is definitely one of the top coffee drinks on the market. I have had the coffee shop version before. It was not bad that I can remember, but I prefer the cold coffee drinks like frappachinos. Maybe that is why I am such an energy drink lover. I wish they came out with special holiday version of the eggnog or gingerbread. Those are my favorites from the hot brew.

Tannerman
02-02-2009, 11:28 PM
I got the nice "PR package" from Starbucks as well with the 4 flavors. The interesting aspect for me was that I really don't like coffee, so tasting these things was somewhat of a challenge.

Overall, they weren't too bad, but probably because they were so full of creaminess vs. straight-up coffee that it softened the blow. I wasn't too much a fan of the new Cinnamon Dulce flavor (http://www.bevreview.com/2009/01/30/starbucks-doubleshot-energycoffee-cinnamon-dulce/)... tended to like the Mocha and original Coffee. I noted that you could taste some artificial sweetener in both Vanilla and Dulce.

scum1
02-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Tannerman I loved the photo. I always take my own photos 99% of the time unless it is a prelim package or just too banged up. Yours are much more artistic!

enerealm
02-03-2009, 11:06 AM
As usual Starbucks nails it on flavor. Now if they could only work on there pricing.

Tannerman
02-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Tannerman I loved the photo. I always take my own photos 99% of the time unless it is a prelim package or just too banged up. Yours are much more artistic!

Thanks scum1, I appreciate it. It gets a little more challenging to shoot outside photos here in Chicago during the winter, as you can tell :)

Pepsi_Man
02-06-2009, 12:58 AM
We been selling it for a month now. It seems to be doing well. I don't drink any energy drinks at all but where I sell it I see it moving.

Mr Zabe
02-06-2009, 01:54 AM
We been selling it for a month now. It seems to be doing well. I don't drink any energy drinks at all but where I sell it I see it moving. It will be interesting to see if it sells as well down the road.