PDA

View Full Version : Diet Coke w/ Splenda - w/i 60 miles from DC?

Montego
01-22-2009, 11:45 AM
I just learned that Diet Coke w/ Splenda will no longer be sold in the DC Metro area. Does anyone know if it still is available further out, say Columbia, MD, Baltimore, Leesburg, Fredricksburg? I'm going to miss DC w/ Splenda. Apparently I'm the only one.

foxmanb
01-26-2009, 08:04 AM
I have been looking all over for diet coke w/Splenda, I cannot find it in Gaithersburg, Germantown, DC, or Frederick MD. Plenty of Diet Coke Plus, but then they never had a problem stocking that like they did w/splenda. It irks me that something which they couldn't keep on the shelves (sold well) is no longer available. It doesn't make much sense unless splenda was cutting into regular diet coke's sales.

foxmanb
01-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Bad news, got an email back from coke's customer service.... DC w/Splenda has been discontinued, no longer in production. blegh.

Montego
01-28-2009, 08:24 PM
I have been looking all over for diet coke w/Splenda, I cannot find it in Gaithersburg, Germantown, DC, or Frederick MD. Plenty of Diet Coke Plus, but then they never had a problem stocking that like they did w/splenda. It irks me that something which they couldn't keep on the shelves (sold well) is no longer available. It doesn't make much sense unless splenda was cutting into regular diet coke's sales.

Yup. I never saw more than 6 cases of DC w/ Splenda in a store at any given time. I get the impression Coke is trying to push the "Zero" line and DC w/ Splenda interferes with the message. Only problem is "Zero," still has aspartame in it which I don't like. I guess I'll have to be stingy w/ my last case of DC w/ Splenda. Back to Pepsi One and Diet Rite.

fusion
06-02-2009, 07:39 PM
If you're willing to make the drive, or will be in the area, Philadelphia Coke is still selling Diet Coke w/ Splenda in 12 packs. I see it in all the major chain grocery stores here in northern Delaware.