PDA

View Full Version : Look at all the threads pertaining to Vault.

Dewman1979
02-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Exactly. Coke still has yet to can their Red flavor, nor have they tried to do limited time flavors like their competitor does. It's only a matter of time until they go back to Mellow Yellow....again.

CitrusCola
02-13-2009, 09:33 PM
I've noticed that Vault's shelf space has been shrinking lately. Vault Zero hasn't been in any of the stores in my area since last summer.

the saint
02-14-2009, 01:28 AM
I've noticed that Vault's shelf space has been shrinking lately. Vault Zero hasn't been in any of the stores in my area since last summer.

Vault here is roughly 50 cents a bottle cheaper than Mtn Dew and coke still can't sell it before it goes out of date.

amyers
02-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Exactly. Coke still has yet to can their Red flavor, nor have they tried to do limited time flavors like their competitor does. It's only a matter of time until they go back to Mellow Yellow....again.

They have canned their "red flavor" (Red Blitz), if you actually read the "VAULT threads" you'd see that Red Blitz has been in 6pk cans for atleast two years, and been in 12pk's for a good while.

VAULT Zero hasn't been doing as well as other VAULT brands but Coke is still very dedicated to doing what they can to make the brand last.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/AaronMyers/VAULT/utf-8BSU1HMDAxMzcuanBn.jpg

popologist
02-15-2009, 10:03 AM
personally, i don't drink dew or vault...

but i think "surge" was a better name.

mjb1124
02-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Vault and Red Blitz still have a pretty good presence around here, and I still drink it once in a while. It's a much better product than Mello Yello as far as I'm concerned.

Dewman1979
02-16-2009, 05:49 PM
They have canned their "red flavor" (Red Blitz), if you actually read the "VAULT threads" you'd see that Red Blitz has been in 6pk cans for atleast two years, and been in 12pk's for a good while.

VAULT Zero hasn't been doing as well as other VAULT brands but Coke is still very dedicated to doing what they can to make the brand last.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/AaronMyers/VAULT/utf-8BSU1HMDAxMzcuanBn.jpg

That's cute, so they sell it in LIMITED cases. It doesn't sell here, nor will it ever.

But hey...I am sure you like it...so good for you.

Chad.
02-17-2009, 04:05 AM
vault zero has definitely lost shelf space here in st. louis, but vault and red blitz in cans and 20 oz have not and they actually increased the shelf space at the wal-marts in the area for the 12 pks

Dewman1979
02-17-2009, 05:16 AM
vault zero has definitely lost shelf space here in st. louis, but vault and red blitz in cans and 20 oz have not and they actually increased the shelf space at the wal-marts in the area for the 12 pks

Here it is hit and miss for vault zero. Alot of places only carry vault regular. Red blitz is only bottled...and that is not sold everywhere either.

fusion
02-17-2009, 05:51 AM
It's pretty common knowledge that Mountain Dew is a powerhouse brand. It's been top 5 for quite a while. I work in a strong Dew area, where coolers have more Dew than Pepsi, displays have full pallet drops of Dew, and so on. These people are loyal Dew drinkers.

Vault will never be as successful as Dew, Pibb Xtra will never be as successful as Dr Pepper. Will Crush be as successful as Fanta? Time will tell.

lordmadone
02-24-2009, 08:42 PM
Well said fusion..well said. Mt dew is the number one cold vault 20oz in the nation however..yet in our area they make our sets always have more Pepsi..always depends on the area. Speaking of which..Crush is KILLING the competition right now..

amyers
02-24-2009, 11:50 PM
VAULT isn't scared, tell's Mountain Dew to bring it on!....

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/AaronMyers/250757987461.jpg

Ram0n C0keah0lic
02-25-2009, 01:53 AM
Vault will change the background of its label? Cool! Thanks for the pic!... IMO they should have made a joke about the MTN thing on that ad...

BTW... I still have one 2-liter bottle and two 20 oz. bottles of Vault left to drink.. :D

Dewman1979
02-26-2009, 05:33 AM
VAULT isn't scared, tell's Mountain Dew to bring it on!....

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/AaronMyers/250757987461.jpg

That is actually....brilliant. I like Vault, I love Mountain dew. Whoever came up with that promotion is a genius.

Dewman1979
02-26-2009, 05:34 AM
It's pretty common knowledge that Mountain Dew is a powerhouse brand. It's been top 5 for quite a while. I work in a strong Dew area, where coolers have more Dew than Pepsi, displays have full pallet drops of Dew, and so on. These people are loyal Dew drinkers.

Vault will never be as successful as Dew, Pibb Xtra will never be as successful as Dr Pepper. Will Crush be as successful as Fanta? Time will tell.

I don't think Pibb extra can be found here, and fanta is successful???? why???? It's awful!

Ram0n C0keah0lic
02-26-2009, 12:58 PM
and fanta is successful???? why???? It's awful!

Here in Mexico is the most sold orange soda...

Mr Zabe
02-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Here in Mexico is the most sold orange soda...
Funny, here in Chicago (north suburbs) Fanta for the most part is pretty much a dust buster.

mjb1124
02-26-2009, 03:35 PM
It also tastes a lot better in Mexico...

lordmadone
02-26-2009, 10:00 PM
That vault ad looks more like desperation then anything..clever but desperate..every coke sales rep I have talked to even says themselves(that aren't completely bias) Mt.dew is far better then vault in taste and everything. Nice attempt..make a better product then maybe people will look.

mjb1124
02-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Well, I still maintain that Vault tastes better than Dew. Some of them might just be conforming to the masses.

Dewman1979
03-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Well, I still maintain that Vault tastes better than Dew. Some of them might just be conforming to the masses.

oh yes, that's it. People conform when it comes to their beverage choice!

Troy The Vault Drinker
03-08-2009, 07:44 AM
The reason I think Vault never became really successful is because Coke marketed it as a energy drink, which was a very stupid idea imo. Most restaurants wont carry it in fountain because its "an energy drink" which is the most common answer I get if I ask a restaurant why they dont carry Vault. In reality, it isnt a energy drink. I also think it pretty much failed, because of the name. I mean come on, Vault? Thats a pretty bad name for a drink. Ah well, I'd drink Vault if it was called Camel Pee.

amyers
03-09-2009, 09:51 PM
The reason I think Vault never became really successful is because Coke marketed it as a energy drink, which was a very stupid idea imo. Most restaurants wont carry it in fountain because its "an energy drink" which is the most common answer I get if I ask a restaurant why they dont carry Vault. In reality, it isnt a energy drink. I also think it pretty much failed, because of the name. I mean come on, Vault? Thats a pretty bad name for a drink. Ah well, I'd drink Vault if it was called Camel Pee.

I believe most of the fountains here say "VAULT Citrus Soda" - I don't think it's marketed to restaurants as an energy drink. Also, you'll notice on the new labels they've dropped "hybrid energy drink" - so there ya go.

Also, aren't most drinks named something completely random? like Mountain Dew (aka the dew of a mountain?) ... I don't think it's a horrible name.

Mr Zabe
03-09-2009, 10:23 PM
It's difficult to market a beverage as being a quasi energy drink
and sweet soda pop. IMO, the name Vault does not have much cross
appeal between the two catagories. How about "Vault Rageous" V.R. ????

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Also, aren't most drinks named something completely random? like Mountain Dew (aka the dew of a mountain?) ... I don't think it's a horrible name.

Me neither... but as "Mtn Dew" now it is...

golee1
03-11-2009, 03:06 PM
so how is Vault doing these days? I was working at Coke the first it was out it was rolling. I don't see much of it here in Richmond anymore.

lordmadone
03-16-2009, 09:43 PM
It has little to no brand representation in my area..I dont even think its considered a "core flavor". Crazy how our Pepsi Max was pushed so hard and is now actually SELLING a decent amount is a core brand..yet vault pushed so hard for a short period of time..then spurts..gets next to no love.