PDA

View Full Version : Sunkist in the oddest places

ilikesoda
02-22-2009, 01:31 AM
ok so i haven't posted in a while but I felt this was interesting enough.
Sunkist sodas in my area (miami/ft lauderdale, fl area) are so far from uniform it's rediculous.
Standard flavors are orange, diet orange and strawberry in 12 packs. We used to also have fruit punch. Now we have the standards plus grape in 2 liters, and pineapple in 2 liters and sometimes cans.

So last night I walk into a local Walgreens and there was a palate of the new can design 8 packs. There was orange, diet orange, strawberry, pineapple, peach, fruit punch, and lemonade. Weird!! no one else has them. They weren't even in the system. I asked the mgr on duty and he had no clue where they came from. I called today and spoke to the General mgr and she said they were going to be testing them and if they sold well, they would carry them.

On a side note we now carry not only big red here and big pineapple, but now 7-11's carry big peach in 20 oz bottles.

fusion
02-22-2009, 02:04 AM
Testing soda at Walgreens, doesn't seem like a bright idea to me.

I'd be curious to see a picture of these 8 packs, though.

ilikesoda
02-22-2009, 02:25 AM
i'll go back tomorrow and take some pics. hopefully they are still there. if not i bought 2 packs of the fruit punch, 3 of the peach and 3 of the lemonade so I could take pics of those.