PDA

View Full Version : What's the story on No Fear Energy?

Tannerman
03-11-2009, 02:46 PM
I was recently contacted by a PR rep from No Fear Energy about working with them regarding a promotion they are rolling out regarding a new flavor.

My question is... what's the story on them. I know they are handled by Pepsi North American, but is that like the Rockstar deal, or is it something different? Is this just a distribution situation or something more? I'm a little lost when it comes to these "smaller brands that are actually distributed by the bigger brands" situations, so any help to educate me would be appreciated :)

Thanks,
Steve

the saint
03-11-2009, 06:20 PM
To the best of my knowledge, Pepsico owns Sobe, Sobe owns No Fear (it may just be a licensing deal I am not positive) therefore Pepsico would own No Fear. The reason that No Fear is a dying brand can be be contributed to the untold millions that Pepsi is throwing at Dale Jr, they are pushing the slaes reps to have all 87 different flavors of amp in the stores and unfortunatly Adrenaline Rush and No Fear are on the losing end of the matter. In a time not so long ago we were all told to follow a specific brand order as you were to have. All of the 3 in sugared versions followed by all 3 in sugarfree then came overdrive and any others you had room for. Now it is all flavors of amp then No Fear regular then Adrenaline Rush regular, then any of the new flavors of NoFear, then the sugar free versions. If Amp has a new flavor come out you start with the sugarfrees at the end and work your way down the list to cut flavors off to make room for new amp(s).

mofizz
03-12-2009, 12:03 PM
The Saint is correct except SoBe does not own No Fear, they are just licenced to use the NF trademark for the energy drink line. The No Fear apparel company actually owns the brand and trademarks. Rumor has it No Fear is not going to renew the agreement with PepsiCo/SoBe (I don't know when this is) due to the Rockstar deal.

If you look at an current NF can, there is no mention of SoBe like there used to be. I would not be surprised if NF ends up on a red or green truck in the not so distant future.

Tannerman
03-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the background information, you guys. Greatly appreciated :)

the saint
03-12-2009, 08:49 PM
The Saint is correct except SoBe does not own No Fear, they are just licenced to use the NF trademark for the energy drink line. The No Fear apparel company actually owns the brand and trademarks. Rumor has it No Fear is not going to renew the agreement with PepsiCo/SoBe (I don't know when this is) due to the Rockstar deal.

If you look at an current NF can, there is no mention of SoBe like there used to be. I would not be surprised if NF ends up on a red or green truck in the not so distant future.

I thought that I had read or heard that somewhere but wasn't positive. I remember that they took the sobe name off of No Fear at the beginning of last year and there was a big long letter explaining that "they" wanted to see if No Fear could stand on its own without the sobe name. I thought it was strange that this would be done if pepsi owned the brand, but I don't get paid to think on my own, haha.
I do remember being happy that Pepsi took the Mountain Dew name and logo off of Amp, I actually sell quite a bit more of it (more than double YTD over PY numbers) since the route I am on is in a very high hispanic area, and they do not seem to care at all for mountain dew. Funny thing is I have had numerous different managers,workers, customers all tell me that they do not drink mountain dew because it is too sweet,?!?!? I have tried some of the drinks from mexico that they drink and I could feel the sugar rotting away my teeth as I was drinking them.

there I go again rambling on about nothing, damn I am getting old and senile...

lordmadone
03-16-2009, 09:50 PM
lol ..saint speaks the truth. Yeah No Fear is one of those brands that has the power to move but it is not pushed..hardly at all in fact. It is dissapointing really as I like the brand and they started to sponsor sports I like(MMA type of things.. urijah faber(sp?) is sponsored big by them). Put Amp next to No Fear energy and no fear MIGHT sell but Amps always sell..I honestly wish they would push it more as I love No Fear's main drink and the blood shot.