PDA

View Full Version : The triumphant return of Game Fuel

Acheron
03-18-2009, 11:25 AM
A post over on notable gaming blog Kotaku has revealed the upcoming rerelease of Mountain Dew Game Fuel, this time piggybacking on the success of World of Warcraft. What I think is particularly noteworthy is that there are actually going to be two flavors of Game Fuel: the familiar cherry citrus, and a new (perhaps) flavor, described as "wild fruit". My theory is that the wild fruit flavor is just a rebranding of Dewmocracy runner-up Revolution. Time will tell.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o180/acheron_xl/fuel.jpg

Jim.
03-18-2009, 01:31 PM
As a recovering WoW player I have to say that these two beverages could be very dangerous to my well being.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Those labels look cool... ¿the blue one is Voltage or its another one?

Thanks for posting...

Tannerman
03-18-2009, 02:14 PM
I've got an e-mail out to Pepsi asking the same questions... is this Revolution? Highly doubt they would admit that, however.

lordmadone
03-18-2009, 02:50 PM
cherry citrus was very good.. hmmm they same there would be a gamefuel 2 as it did so well last time...I remember hiding a 12pk in my stores and buying it and sell the cans for a dollar..lol.

jerr2429
03-18-2009, 03:01 PM
its a different taste pretty good tried at the sales meeting today. also lipton brisk sweet tea is coming out in april.

Acheron
03-18-2009, 03:14 PM
its a different taste pretty good tried at the sales meeting today. also lipton brisk sweet tea is coming out in april.

I'm not surprised then that the blue Game Fuel is a new flavor. I think part of the marketing angle of Game Fuel was it's higher than average (even for Dew) caffeine content. Merely rehashing Revolution wouldn't fit with this premise.

Tannerman
03-18-2009, 03:28 PM
I think part of the marketing angle of Game Fuel was it's higher than average (even for Dew) caffeine content.

The last Game Fuel was 6.0 mg/oz caffeine vs. regular Dew's 4.6 mg/oz. Did you guys get any specs on the caffeine content in the new flavors?

lordmadone & jerr2429 - Would you say the red flavor was about the same as the original? And how would you describe the taste of the blue flavor?

Tannerman
03-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Just got this confirmation via e-mail from Pepsi:
The cherry flavored product featuring Horde is the same formula that was launched as part of the 2007 Halo 3 program. We decided to bring it back because of the amazing consumer response in 2007. Many consumers on the Mtn Dew message boards and forums have been requesting that flavor.

Also...
Alliance Blue is a completely new flavor developed specifically for this launch.

lordmadone
03-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Awesome job tannerman. I have yet to try any of these flavors or see them in person..I am merely speculating but I am excited to try them out..a partnership with WoW is HUGE!

fusion
04-02-2009, 07:11 PM

Found the sweet tea in 1L today at 7-11. I remember there being a brisk sweet tea about 6-7 years ago, in 20oz.

davecfprez
04-06-2009, 10:46 PM
game fuel was the best of all the flavors IMHO.

can't wait for it !!!

dave

Dewman1979
05-08-2009, 02:55 AM
gamefuel is good. i loved the citrus cherry.