PDA

View Full Version : Kosher Coke in cans?

redcremesoda
04-02-2009, 12:17 PM
I've called around to a few places and it appears the Kosher Coke is only available in 2 liters this year, not cans. Can anyone confirm this?

I usually by about 2 cases worth of 6 packs to get through the year until the next Passover season and I'm afraid my leftover stash from LY is the end of getting Kosher Coke in cans :(

drpep
04-02-2009, 10:01 PM
From what I've read on the Passover Coke thread on Roadfood.com (http://www.roadfood.com) there is a six pack can sighting at Lunds stores in the Minneapolis/Saint Paul Minnesota area. Also a report that Pittsburgh had cans last year but not this year.

fusion
04-02-2009, 10:07 PM
The cans seem to be more of a midwest phenomena. Eons ago when I worked for Coke in NJ, we did have cans, but only at first. Eventually it was just 2L, and one year we had only 1L, and people about rioted at the cost.

Probably your second best bet, if you can make the trip, is to stop in Cleveland and pick up some sucrose Coke (and cherry, cf and vanilla) from ABARTA Coke of Cleveland. They operate in a relatively small area (the plant is actually in Bedford Heights) around the city. Maybe just one county?

Mr Zabe
04-03-2009, 12:38 AM
I recall a few years ago I picked up several cases of KP Coke.
At least here in the Chicago ,KP Coke cans are very hit or miss.
Try the Chicago suburbs: Buffalo Grove, High Land Park,Glen View,
Northbrook.

popologist
04-03-2009, 10:05 AM
maybe coke doesn't want consumers to stock up on it for the whole year... which might explain why cans are scarce. just a theory though...

redcremesoda
04-03-2009, 11:53 AM
I recall a few years ago I picked up several cases of KP Coke.
At least here in the Chicago ,KP Coke cans are very hit or miss.
Try the Chicago suburbs: Buffalo Grove, High Land Park,Glen View,
Northbrook.

That's the stores I ususally hit. Both the Jewel and Dominick's I called said that cans were not even offered when they placed their orders.