PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Sell Out!

Soma
04-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Greetings All,

I'm a beverage designer and operate a very small beverage company selling one product direct to the public.

I began designing this beverage in early 2006 and after 24 months of R&D finally started to make the product available to customers. It has been very well received and I currently have more customers than I am capable of serving.

Now, I am looking to sell the production rights of the beverage to a larger company.

How is this done? Do I just contact a company and say "hey, I've got this great beverage...it is unique in the market place and could be very profitable for your company if given the opportunity."

There is a relatively large beverage company in a city near by whose product line and mission are in alignment with my own. I believe they sell roughly 40,000 pints per week, mostly juices and smoothies. Though, my beverage is much more advanced than this.

How does this work...do I sell out for one lump sum or for a percentage of the futures or a combination of the two?

All advice is welcome.

Thanks, Soma

DrPepperYummy
04-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Greetings All,

I'm a beverage designer and operate a very small beverage company selling one product direct to the public.

I began designing this beverage in early 2006 and after 24 months of R&D finally started to make the product available to customers. It has been very well received and I currently have more customers than I am capable of serving.

Now, I am looking to sell the production rights of the beverage to a larger company.

How is this done? Do I just contact a company and say "hey, I've got this great beverage...it is unique in the market place and could be very profitable for your company if given the opportunity."

There is a relatively large beverage company in a city near by whose product line and mission are in alignment with my own. I believe they sell roughly 40,000 pints per week, mostly juices and smoothies. Though, my beverage is much more advanced than this.

How does this work...do I sell out for one lump sum or for a percentage of the futures or a combination of the two?

All advice is welcome.

Thanks, Soma

You could try proving to them your product sells in stores... and customers actually want it... that might encourage them to notice you... but telling them you have a great product puts you in line with the thousands of others who pitch them probably and tell them they have the next ground breaking advancement in beverage history... so it gets tossed in the garbage with most others...

prove it sells, by selling it and taking market share from them... either you'll expand and kep it or sell off if thats still your intention... but telling a bottling you have the next greatest product, isn't going to do it really... you need to show you actually are...

Mr Zabe
04-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Good points.