PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Coke products?

yeahuno
04-27-2009, 12:07 AM
Is it me or is the Coca Cola company eliminating Fanta Strawberry and Pineapple flavors of pop. I also noticed that they must be eliminating Fresca Black Cherry and Peach.

XLS_04
04-27-2009, 01:40 AM
The local bottler here discontinued those Fresca flavors in 2007. The only Fanta that I really see here lately is the orange version. So you are right. However according to Coca-Cola in Atlanta these products are still made.

CitrusCola
04-27-2009, 07:38 AM
Coke's distribution decisions seem strange to me. It seems that they will heavily promote a product in the area where I live, and then it will slowly fade away. Vault Zero and Diet Coke Plus are examples of this sort of thing. Both of those products have vanished from store shelves in central NC, but they are still widely available in other places -- I saw both of them in stores in SE TN recently.

On the other hand, Coke still sells Mello Yello and Pibb Xtra around here, and claims they do well. However, they no longer produce Diet Mello Yello, and they've never offered Pibb Zero in NC.

Strange.

popologist
04-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Is it me or is the Coca Cola company eliminating Fanta Strawberry and Pineapple flavors of pop. I also noticed that they must be eliminating Fresca Black Cherry and Peach.

they still sell Peach & Black Cherry Fresca in NYC, because I have some (in 12-pack cans). i buy it all the time.

i can't find Fanta Zero anymore though.

mjb13
04-27-2009, 01:12 PM
i can't find Fanta Zero anymore though.

Fanta Zero (Orange) has vanished here too. Seems like they quit stocking it around the time the new-logo Fanta products started to appear a couple months ago. That leaves us with just Fanta Orange and Fanta Grape.

personnext
04-27-2009, 06:53 PM

These are very easy to find in Miami.

I guess it is a regional thing. Pineapple soda is huge in South Florida, though.

99R
04-30-2009, 03:05 PM
I think whether they'll carry a specific SKU might depend on the volume of the product, which is dictated by consumers. Here in California, Fanta is huge due to the Hispanic population. I still see Orange, Strawberry, and Pineapple flavors everywhere.

Dewman1979
05-02-2009, 02:31 PM
I fully expect Vault to hit the skids.

popologist
05-02-2009, 03:36 PM
a local store just started selling fanta orange zero again. it had disappeared for about a year until now. glad it's back.

popologist
05-02-2009, 03:40 PM
I fully expect Vault to hit the skids.

you're probably right. personally, i prefer the name "surge" to "vault".

the word "vault" reminds me of gymnastics... which doesn't really seem connected to the demographic i think they were aiming for.

it's gonna be harder to compete with mtn dew than coke anticipated.

on the other hand, it was kind of only a half-***ed attempt anyway.

fusion
05-02-2009, 03:48 PM
a local store just started selling fanta orange zero again. it had disappeared for about a year until now. glad it's back.

Is it in the new packaging, or the old? We only sell it in 12 packs now, and the cans are the new packaging, but the boxes are still the old ones.

popologist
05-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Is it in the new packaging, or the old? We only sell it in 12 packs now, and the cans are the new packaging, but the boxes are still the old ones.

it's the old packaging.

mjb13
05-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Fanta Zero Orange has returned to portions of Massachusetts as well. Old style 12 pack cans and new style 2 Liter bottles. Fanta Zero is now shipped in from plant KE (CCE-Elmsford, NY), where before it was bottled locally.

popologist
05-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Fanta Zero Orange has returned to portions of Massachusetts as well. Old style 12 pack cans and new style 2 Liter bottles. Fanta Zero is now shipped in from plant KE (CCE-Elmsford, NY), where before it was bottled locally.
that's good news. i had replaced fanta zero with fresca as my caffeine-free drink (i just find it difficult to drink cf diet coke). now that fanta zero is back, i'll be buying it so long as it's available.

melloyellowneeded
05-11-2009, 01:30 PM
coke has pulled almost all there sodas from my area all but coke diet coke ginger ale and a few others.The one that im missing the most is mello yello.I want to take a trip in 2 weeks to anywere that sells it.So if anyone knows anywere in west virginia maryland pa va please let me know.