PDA

View Full Version : Where to find not-so-common Energy drinks.

TheMoo
05-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Hey,

I've recently really gotten into trying out new energy drinks. I've tried all the mainstream common ones - Bawls, Monster, Red Bull, Rock Star, etc, etc.

But now I'm trying to figure out the best places to find some of the more less common ones. I saw a post on Big Lots. Do they seem to usually have a wider variety?

Thanks a bunch for any help!

scum1
05-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Big lots is a great place to find rare drinks on the cheap. I also hit a lot of smaller gas station stores(the mom and pop type) because they usually have some different drinks. of course my friends at the energy drink outlet offer the best place The Energy Drink Outlet! BETA (http://www.energydrinkoutlet.com/) if you don't mind paying shipping.

fusion
05-03-2009, 09:50 PM
7-11 sometimes as well, since they are franchised and not every store carries the same things.

Pepsi_Man
05-04-2009, 02:37 AM
My question is why would you want a no name Energy drink that could of been bottled in someone's back yard. Most no name brands are they same company. They make a drink the declare bankruptcy and start a new company with the same product. On top of that no names are no names for a reason. Make sure your checking the dates cause I'm positive most of it is Out Of Code.

greg
05-04-2009, 01:36 PM
My question is why would you want a no name Energy drink that could of been bottled in someone's back yard. Most no name brands are they same company. They make a drink the declare bankruptcy and start a new company with the same product. On top of that no names are no names for a reason. Make sure your checking the dates cause I'm positive most of it is Out Of Code.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this. Most ED's are contracted manufactured for some guy with marketing dollars and some degree of experience in the bevergae industry, but not all are like that.
Some guys just have the money to purchase line time and do it because they think it is easy to create distribution out of thin air.

scum1
05-04-2009, 09:32 PM
So do you only eat at Mc Donalds and avoid small mom and pop joints? If so you are probably missing out on some great food. Same for energy drinks. Having a big name and awesome distribution does not equal having the best tasting or performing energy drink. Just look at AMP for example. Sure it sells well but it is far from being the best energy drink. I applaud the original poster for seeking out something new and not just being a lemming and accepting what the big companies offer. Without the small companies you would not have as much innovation. As far as being out of date well most of the drinks I have picked up at Big lots were well within their dates. A lot of drinks show up there do to packaging changes.

TheMoo
05-04-2009, 09:38 PM
I wanted to thank you guys. I'll be looking around.

Also, thanks for the website - lots of goodies!

Pepsi_Man
05-11-2009, 12:11 AM
The reason most people can't find the New drink they once had is because the company is not around. And comparing MC D's to a burger joint is apples and oranges.I don't eat Mc Donalds if I want a good hambuger. :) RockStar has the finest ingredient of any energy manufacture out there. With that kind of budget how can you say a hole in the wall bottler making energy drinks in the back room can ever compare in taste.To each is own I guess but there is a reason you can get 5 16oz off brand energy drinks for $5.00. ;)

Pepsi_Man
05-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Oh as as far as innovation comment "Without the small companies you would not have as much innovation". I had to laugh at that...

the saint
05-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Oh as as far as innovation comment "Without the small companies you would not have as much innovation". I had to laugh at that...

And just where exactly do you think the majority of items that YOU sell came from?? I will give you a slight hint, Pepsi is not this great innovator that you seem to think it is. Most, and I do mean most, of the products that pepsi owns were small companies that pepsi bought out because they couldn't make something to compete with the product. Mountain Dew, Gatorade, and SoBe are the first to pop into my mind. Seriously man you need to quit drinking the koolaid they serve you at your sales meetings.

BClagg
05-20-2009, 07:01 PM
I am gathering all the info on the energy drinks @ big lots posted already:

Unbound Energy
Bungie Energy
GURU Energy
Euphoric Energy
Hydrive Energy
...Lost Energy
Fuze six pack bottles..
vitamin water orange singles..
lots of g2 and some close dated gatorades
Red Devil
Hooters
Slap
Hydrive
Unbound
Lost
Badboy
NOS Energy Grape
NOS Energy Shot
Turn Left Energy 4pk

HOPE THAT ALL HELPS

BigBird
06-22-2009, 03:17 PM
Big Lots is a good choice but honestly I would say just check out as many gas stations, c-stores, supermarkets and any other place because you never know exactly what you're going to find. Out here in CT I always come across Monster, Rockstar, AMP, Full Throttle, Red Bull and SoBe's teas/juices but one day when I was checking out a place I've never been to they had about 75% of the Hansen's drinks and they had a good selection of Spike as well. Just get to some various places and you'll probably find a lot more than you knew was out there to begin with.