PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar

BhamCokeman
05-07-2009, 11:13 PM
How's it going for your Pepsi guys so far? Buffalo Rock hated picking it up and wanted nothing of it, but they are getting it out there. We've maintained our space we had for it, and are starting to carry the Rumba line next week.

the saint
05-08-2009, 06:45 PM
If we could ever get any in the warehouse I am sure the numbers would look alot better. The sales on it are decent so far but it is on sale to get it out in the stores, I am sure that when it goes to regular price it will do the same as it always has around here. There is a reason it has been tossed around between 6 different distributors in the last 5 or so years, just because Pepsi is the truck it is carried on doesn't mean that people will buy it.

Pepsi_Man
05-11-2009, 12:06 AM
One of the best things we could have. We are taking all the space that coke lost for the brand and then some. Coke's Nos is going to the unknown shelf with Venom and Lost to name a few. All Full Throttle coolers are being replaced with RockStar coolers. It's a easy 1000 additional cases a week for me alone. Very pleased!

the saint
05-11-2009, 04:39 PM
One of the best things we could have. We are taking all the space that coke lost for the brand and then some. Coke's Nos is going to the unknown shelf with Venom and Lost to name a few. All Full Throttle coolers are being replaced with RockStar coolers. It's a easy 1000 additional cases a week for me alone. Very pleased!

Well if you tell yourself that enough times maybe you will begin to believe it. :D

SumPoosieCat
05-12-2009, 01:40 PM
Well if you tell yourself that enough times maybe you will begin to believe it. :D

I don't see the Rockstar brand moving forward. I think their best days are behind them.
The cool factor is gone IMO.

Red Sox fan
05-12-2009, 05:53 PM
I don't see the Rockstar brand moving forward. I think their best days are behind them.
The cool factor is gone IMO.

In a related story POOSIE sales are expected to explode in 2009!!

BhamCokeman
05-12-2009, 10:51 PM
In a related story POOSIE sales are expected to explode in 2009!!

And I've got some ocean front property in Arizona for yall also. Please do not drink the Rockstar Kool Aid Pepsi guys. Yall are in denial that you have a dying brand, and it kills you that the red guys have one that's off the charts right now. It's funny how some Rockstar guy(s) are in town now, but was not to be found months back. Hmmmm.... sounds like 7 or 8 years ago when we got it. They'll disappear in a month. Monster reps are on top of their game compared to these guys.

SumPoosieCat
05-13-2009, 10:27 AM
And I've got some ocean front property in Arizona for yall also. Please do not drink the Rockstar Kool Aid Pepsi guys. Yall are in denial that you have a dying brand, and it kills you that the red guys have one that's off the charts right now. It's funny how some Rockstar guy(s) are in town now, but was not to be found months back. Hmmmm.... sounds like 7 or 8 years ago when we got it. They'll disappear in a month. Monster reps are on top of their game compared to these guys.

What has Rockstar done to build the BRAND. The Monster guys are on top of things IMO and Rockstar BRANDING is simply lacking at best.

joshal1980
05-13-2009, 04:11 PM
We are still distributing Rockstar in the area of Northeast Iowa and Southwest Wisconsin, because the local Pepsi distributor did not pick it up. Our sales have gone down from when CCE first got Rockstar, but hopefully we will get Monster sooner or later.

fusion
05-13-2009, 06:01 PM
We still have it in Eastern Maryland as well (along with Monster).

the saint
05-15-2009, 07:05 PM
What has Rockstar done to build the BRAND. The Monster guys are on top of things IMO and Rockstar BRANDING is simply lacking at best.

why they have placed it into 492 different size packages to build the brand. Isn't that enough? :D

Bham, please do not include me in with "the rockstar drinking koolaid" pepsi guys, I stated that while it is doing ok since it is on sale, once it goes off sale it will do the same as it always has. I am not in denial about this. I do not think that just because Pepsi is delivering it that it will magically or instantly have skyrocketing numbers and become the next "big" or "in" thing. I am sure the brand has somewhat of a following..somewhere... just not around my part of the woods.

lordmadone
05-18-2009, 05:49 PM
lol@saint ...492 skus seems about right..ughh. The initial warehouse out of stock problem we had is gone and its "selling" but I don't think there is that much of a push on it and I wish there was some Rockstar reps whom might help out in that endeavor. Funny how small the new age section is for CCE out here..their energy cans don't move at all now..without rockstar(and no monster contract yet) they aren't moving anything at all. I am pushing the crap out of rockstar as much as I can..they have my favorite energy drink(the rockstar punched original) and I think it has potential to do much better. CCE treated it like a bastard child and didn't really give it the push it deserved. I just hate the damn 24 packs of 16oz cans..it makes up for that with the awesome shelf life tho.

I think once it is authorized in all accounts out here we can give it a real go..we had a rockstar rally when we first launched that now as I look back was premature..how is one of our biggest accounts not allowing it to be authorized yet(food lion) yet they want us to push it? DUMB! We just got most of the skus authorized in farm fresh and in my big farm fresh I have most in there...its selling but for how long we'll see. Amp is still outselling it it seems like but then again Amp has a higher market share in this area.

Red Sox fan
05-23-2009, 08:28 PM
lol@saint ...492 skus seems about right..ughh. The initial warehouse out of stock problem we had is gone and its "selling" but I don't think there is that much of a push on it and I wish there was some Rockstar reps whom might help out in that endeavor. Funny how small the new age section is for CCE out here..their energy cans don't move at all now..without rockstar(and no monster contract yet) they aren't moving anything at all. I am pushing the crap out of rockstar as much as I can..they have my favorite energy drink(the rockstar punched original) and I think it has potential to do much better. CCE treated it like a bastard child and didn't really give it the push it deserved. I just hate the damn 24 packs of 16oz cans..it makes up for that with the awesome shelf life tho.

I think once it is authorized in all accounts out here we can give it a real go..we had a rockstar rally when we first launched that now as I look back was premature..how is one of our biggest accounts not allowing it to be authorized yet(food lion) yet they want us to push it? DUMB! We just got most of the skus authorized in farm fresh and in my big farm fresh I have most in there...its selling but for how long we'll see. Amp is still outselling it it seems like but then again Amp has a higher market share in this area.

Hang in there buddy, Food Lion authorization should be active this week or next. Also you will be seeing The Rockstar Rep very shortly in your market..This has been a HUGE transition and it's going to take some time to get up to speed. I can't think of one other brand that has switched NATIONALLY from coke to pepsi or vice versa. I know Cadbury may have had some brands switch houses regionally, but not on this scale.

My prediction is both companies (Rockstar/Pep) will be humming by end of summer.

BhamCokeman
05-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Hang in there buddy, Food Lion authorization should be active this week or next. Also you will be seeing The Rockstar Rep very shortly in your market..This has been a HUGE transition and it's going to take some time to get up to speed. I can't think of one other brand that has switched NATIONALLY from coke to pepsi or vice versa. I know Cadbury may have had some brands switch houses regionally, but not on this scale.

My prediction is both companies (Rockstar/Pep) will be humming by end of summer.

You have got to work for Rockstar to be so passionate about it. I guess it just depends on what part of the country it is, and the same can be said for Monster. Rockstar was a dog here, even before we had it, and always will be, and Monster was up in the top 2, back to the days a beer company had it before Pepsi. It actually just hit the top spot here share wise last month. What we did with the brand has been amazing, compared to what Buffalo Rock did with it, even though it was strong then as well.

SumPoosieCat
05-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Lack of branding will continue the decline of Rockstar. Who is drinking it ? Girls ? Nope Guys... some are loyal but many are moving on.

BriGuy20
05-25-2009, 09:46 AM
If branding is a problem, they ARE distributed one of the best companies in the world for branding. Besides Procter & Gamble & Coca Cola, who else do you think can market as well?

All Pepsi & Coke do is sell commoditized sugar water with logos on them, but the branding for their respective brands gives them the large market share that they both have.

But if Pepsi doesn't market it, it won't sell forever. The energy drink field is too crowded to rest on one's laurels.