PDA

View Full Version : Double Cola and Suncrest made with SUGAR now at Cost Plus

Chefdavis
05-19-2009, 08:52 AM
3 glass bottles of each type of soda in a twelve pack for $10

Suncrest (as far as I know, only other place it is produced is Dublin Dr Pepper in returnable glass bottles

Double Cola (first time I have had it and it tastes great

Frostie Rootbeer (a bit disappointing as this drink is readily available in Austin, TX where I live

Bubble Up (Lemon-lime is OK, not my favorite)

The first Suncrest that I have had in over six years did not disappoint.

the regular price for these "Nostgalia" sodas is $15 and are currently on sale for $10.

Tannerman
05-19-2009, 02:12 PM
I'll have to see if our local Cost Plus has this as well. I assume we're talking about Cost Plus World Market, right?

Chefdavis
05-19-2009, 02:35 PM
you are correct Cost Plus = Cost Plus World Market

skylark68
05-20-2009, 12:10 PM
you are correct Cost Plus = Cost Plus World Market

Yes, I saw the ad in the paper on Sunday. I haven't had a chance to run down there to check it out. The Double Cola would be awesome I imagine.

Dumas Walker
05-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Do the bottles say who bottled the Double Cola? It is interesting to see it packaged with a couple of brands that I believe are Dad's Root Beer Brands (Suncrest, Bubble-Up).

Come to think of it, I guess it is even more interesting to see a couple of Dad's brands packaged with root beer that is not Dad's! ;)

I wish we had Cost Plus here! ;) Do they usually carry Double Cola, or Ski?

Chefdavis
05-21-2009, 08:46 PM
I believe that all of these beverages were bottled by Orca Beverage in Washington (state).

I have not seen either Ski or Double Cola at Cost Plus World Market. btw I have never had Ski and would love the opportunity.

Hacksaw
05-25-2009, 02:48 AM
I found this at our Cost Plus. It's the first time I've tried Suncrest & Double Cola. The Double Cola was great, I wish they had a caffeine free version since I don't tolerate that as well as I used to.

The Bubble Up was also good, but I can also get that local.

The Suncrest & Frostie Root Beer were OK, but I like other companies' versions of those flavors better.

skylark68
05-26-2009, 01:48 PM
I picked up a 12 pack this past weekend. I've only tried the Bubble Up and Double Cola so far but have had Frostie before so that shouldn't be much of a surprise.

The Double Cola was awesome. I haven't tried this before but it's really good. My wife doesn't usually care for soft drinks, but even she liked the taste of it.

The Bubble Up was okay, I'm not much on lemon lime drinks.

Looking forward to trying the others.

The above poster is correct though, Orca bottled these.

Dumas Walker
05-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Picked up the 12 pack this weekend at the World Market in St. Matthews, KY (Louisville area). I have had Double Cola before, but it has been a long time since I've had any that was sugar-sweetened, so I am looking forward to that. ;) I've had Bubble-Up before, too. I am hoping that it is better in the glass bottle than in cans.

So far, I have tried the Suncrest orange. Smells like an Orange Dreamsicle, and sort of tastes like one, too! Pretty good, especially real cold.

On edit: This particular World Market also had a cooler by the check-out that had some not-common-in-this-area sodas in bottles, too. In addition to Frostie & Bubble-Up, they had Nesbitt's, Bull Dog Root Beer, and a few other flavors. No Ski or Double Cola, though. Looking back, I wish I had grabbed a Nesbitt's on the way out! D'oh!