PDA

View Full Version : Any hard-to-find drinks in Saginaw, MI?

CitrusCola
05-20-2009, 06:56 AM
A friend of mine is planning to travel by car from central NC to Saginaw, MI in a few weeks. He asked me if there were any drinks that he should look for while there and along the way (W. Virginia & Ohio). I've never traveled to that area, so I don't know what (if anything) my friend ought to look for.

Does anyone know of any rare drinks that are sold in that area or on the way there? My friend won't have time to take any detours, but said that he could check any convenience stores that he stops at on his trip.

Ben
05-22-2009, 11:53 AM
The only thing I can think of would be the Faygo flavors and maybe Vernors. Not rare here, but possibly where you are.

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-23-2009, 10:42 AM
crush 16oz glass made in detroit. orange, grape, strawberry, cherry, pineapple and tropical punch. yum

yeahuno
05-23-2009, 11:39 PM
On the crush pop, I may be heading to Mich this year to get the crush pineapple, cherry, and fruit punch. Is all the flavors of crush in the Detroit, Michigan widely available? In WV, they have the Big-K pop sold in Kroger's, I don't know if its rare or not. Some walmarts have the mello-yello pop.

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-25-2009, 04:24 PM
its widely available in detroit, ann arbor and lansing areas. stick to city stores, not suburbs.

yeahuno
05-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Thank you for the info about the crush in Michigan in the cities.:cool:

CitrusCola
05-26-2009, 06:46 AM
Are there any diet Faygo flavors sold up there? The only one sold in NC is their diet Cola.

Dewman1979
05-26-2009, 02:37 PM
bring your cans! 10 Cents a can....get there before Kramer does!

KHook321
05-27-2009, 11:15 PM
Are there any diet Faygo flavors sold up there? The only one sold in NC is their diet Cola.

Yeah. There are diet versions of Faygo Orange, Root Beer, Red Pop, Rock & Rye...

I don't think I've seen any other rare drinks in the area. It was up in Mackinaw City where I found tons of real sugar drinks. They had the West Jefferson Dr. Pepper, along with many cane sugar Faygo drinks.

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-29-2009, 05:57 PM
cane sugar faygo is now in 12oz long neck 6pk.

we have WJ dr pep. 7up. sunkist, rc cola nad a&w.

in the UP there's an indie coke bottler, bink's coca-cola.

we have vernor's out the wazoo, big squirt/ruby state

michigan is a strong indie pop state with a good distributor network. often times you can find a lot of NA drinks that you would normally not find in quantity in other states.