PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Cubs: beverage fountain in dugout

Mr Zabe
05-27-2009, 03:48 PM
I noticed that the dugouts at Wrigley Field now have a Gatorade drink machine.
How cool is that. I think I counted 6 nozzles. I wounder if Pepsi is one of the choices
as Pepsi is the main sponsor of the Chicago Cubs.

Tannerman
05-27-2009, 05:55 PM
I've got a friend who works in concessions management at Wrigley (ironically, he's a White Sox fan :) ). I'll see if he can get you an answer as to what's available down there.

Android
05-28-2009, 06:58 AM
I noticed that the dugouts at Wrigley Field now have a Gatorade drink machine.
How cool is that. I think I counted 6 nozzles..

Well, I guess that shows you they never expect to win anything big, no more ice cooler to dump on the coach... ;)

Sounds like it won't make it to the playoffs though...

05/27/09 7:09 PM ET CHICAGO -- At this rate, the Gatorade dispenser in the Cubs dugout will not last the entire season.

Carlos Zambrano attacked it with a bat on Wednesday after he was ejected in the seventh inning for arguing a close play at the plate with home-plate umpire Mark Carlson in the Cubs' 5-2 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates....

....It's been a wild season for the Cubs. Bradley was ejected April 16 after his first plate appearance at Wrigley Field when he was called out on strikes. Cubs pitcher Ted Lilly was tossed Monday after arguing with then home-plate umpire Bob Davidson about concentrating. That's when Dempster knocked the cover off the dispenser.

"That Gatorade thing keeps taking a beating," said Johnson, who hit a tie-breaking solo homer in the eighth on Wednesday. "We'll get some bandaids on it tomorrow."

Mr Zabe
05-30-2009, 10:07 PM
RIP....CUB fountain got beat to death. LOL

Cubs' Gatorade dispenser RIP (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-31-cubs-gatorade-chicago-may31,0,3408177.story)

Tannerman
06-02-2009, 11:25 PM
The 6 nozzles involved produced the following:
Gatorade Lemon-Lime
Gatorade Fruit Punch
Gatorade Lemon-Lime
Water
Water
WaterAs Zabe noted, the fountain is getting yanked from the dugout. I wasted some time and pulled together some additional photos and video regarding the attack if you are interested -- give it a read (http://www.bevreview.com/2009/06/02/gatorade-machine-chicago-cubs-carlos-zambrano/) :)