PDA

View Full Version : Ski/Double-Cola in Owensboro or Henderson, KY ??

Dumas Walker
06-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Are Ski and Double-Cola still available in Owensboro or Henderson, Kentucky? It has been forever since I have been to either city. I am going on vacation near there soon. I can get Ski local-enough that it wouldn't be worth the extra miles, but if they still sell Double-Cola, I might make a side-trip up that way to get some.

While on the subject, does anyone know if the RC-Evansville/Tri-State Canning distribution region includes any cities/counties on the Kentucky side of the river? They still can/bottle/distribute Double-Cola, which is why I ask.

Thanks!

fusion
06-14-2009, 06:53 PM
The last time I was in Owensboro was in 2006, and they had Ski then (and Pibb Zero). I mainly went there to go to the Moonlight Inn (yum).

I also went to Bowling Green, and Tullahoma Coke had Ski there.

Can't say I recall seeing Double Cola, though. I only personally rember seeing it in Chattanooga and between Huntsville AL and Scottsboro AL (at a Piggly Wiggly).

Dumas Walker
06-14-2009, 08:45 PM
OK, thanks! Where I grew up, Ski wasn't available, so when I went to visit my grandparents in Owensboro, having a cold Ski or Double Cola was one of the treats I'd have while there. That, and eating a Wonderburger. ;)