PDA

View Full Version : Cap dispensing drinks

Red Sox fan
06-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Looking for some feedback from some of the senior members on the board regarding new drinks popping up with caps that dispense ingredients when you open them...There are a couple brands out there now using this technology and a couple companies manufacturing the caps. ACTIVATE is an example of one brand....The question is are any of these brands gettting traction or are they just a novelty? Appreciate your thoughts.

jetset
08-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Looking for some feedback from some of the senior members on the board regarding new drinks popping up with caps that dispense ingredients when you open them...There are a couple brands out there now using this technology and a couple companies manufacturing the caps. ACTIVATE is an example of one brand....The question is are any of these brands gettting traction or are they just a novelty? Appreciate your thoughts.

I can't speak for some of the other brands since I am not familiar with them, but ACTIVATE is getting some pretty good traction and is expanding their current distribution network. Like any start-up company it takes some time to build a brand, build a following and build capital but from everything I know they have branched out of the LA area and moving into all parts of CA, AZ and HI. While that isn't a huge area, it is best to build a following and increase revenues before you take to much on and become overwhelmed and are having a hard time delivering. You only get one shot so it is best to take it slow but I wouldn't be surprise to see ACTIVATE being one of the next big companies.

jetset
08-19-2009, 04:16 PM
I would like to hear some feedback from any individuals out there who have had a chance to try one of the cap dispensed products and what they thought of the product itself and the concept.

jetset
09-28-2009, 02:12 PM
saw the reviews on Bevnet this morning for the Activate products - still wondering if anybody else out there has had a chance to try these products.

reset man
09-29-2009, 09:59 PM
I would like to hear some feedback from any individuals out there who have had a chance to try one of the cap dispensed products and what they thought of the product itself and the concept.

I sold a product several years ago called "Defense" by Brain-Twist, Inc. (16oz. cans) Defense Effervescent Supplement | BevNET.com Product Review + Ordering (http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/defense/)
It was more of a novelty, sold a bit when first introduced but not many repeat orders. It was sold as a functional beverage with taste being below average. If I remember correctly the beverage was carbonated, when opened the small plastic powder container inside would burst open and the beverage would take a minute or so to mix. I don't see it around anymore. Stores always wanted to place it in the energy section because it had the look of a 16oz. energy drink, confusing to consumers.

jetset
09-30-2009, 10:12 AM
I sold a product several years ago called "Defense" by Brain-Twist, Inc. (16oz. cans) Defense Effervescent Supplement | BevNET.com Product Review + Ordering (http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/defense/)
It was more of a novelty, sold a bit when first introduced but not many repeat orders. It was sold as a functional beverage with taste being below average. If I remember correctly the beverage was carbonated, when opened the small plastic powder container inside would burst open and the beverage would take a minute or so to mix. I don't see it around anymore. Stores always wanted to place it in the energy section because it had the look of a 16oz. energy drink, confusing to consumers.

I remember being at a conference and the WEDGE was being presented as the next generation in functional delivery. Great idea but hard for the consumer to grasp when they can't see it happening. I think the Activate products, while similar in concept, have a point of difference that allows the consumer to actually see and understand what is happening with the products.