PDA

View Full Version : Big Lots July 2009

BluejacketT
07-01-2009, 10:20 PM
This month was a little fun. Mostly boring.

I saw:

Hydrive Energy Kiwi Lime
Hydrive Energy Acai Berry
NOS Energy
AMP Energy
AMP Energy Elevate
AMP Energy Overdrive
AMP Energy Sugar Free
AMP Energy Tradin' Paint
Monster Energy Khaos
Monster Energy M-80
Monster Energy Mixxd
Joker Mad Energy + Juice
Guru Energy Juicy Tangerine
Guru Energy Green Tea Honey
Guru Energy Sports Lemon Lime
Throwdown Energy Classic
Throwdown Energy Classic Sugar Free
Throwdown Energy Rampage Punch
Throwdown Energy Rampage Punch Sugar Free

Caffeine King
07-02-2009, 05:49 PM
I saw:

amp Trading Paint
Monster Energy M-80
Monster Energy Mixxd
Joker Mad Energy + Juice
Wired X505
Wired X Berry Rush
Stacker 2 YJ Sinful Citrus
Hydrive Energy Kiwi Lime
Hydrive Energy Acai Berry

BluejacketT
07-09-2009, 06:31 PM
I found some ...Lost Five-O yesterday at my local Big Lots.

CodsterTX
07-15-2009, 10:41 PM
My biglots sucked this week:

Tons of Red Devil (nasty)
Wired Berry Rush (300 calories, no thanks)

palmmann
07-16-2009, 10:45 PM
just so you guys know, big lots is having their friends and family 20% off sale on the 19th. an easy way to turn cheap into dirt cheap :)

SumPoosieCat
07-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Full Throttle Energy Shot is here at the DOLLAR STORE.....unreal.

jetset
07-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Full Throttle Energy Shot is here at the DOLLAR STORE.....unreal.

Man, what is it with you and your constant knocks on the Energy Shot category?!?!?

SumPoosieCat
07-28-2009, 12:06 AM
Well ... do you find it interesting jetset that Full Throttle Energy Shot is already in the discount Dollar Store ???

jetset
07-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Well ... do you find it interesting jetset that Full Throttle Energy Shot is already in the discount Dollar Store ???

There are many reasons why a product ends up at the dollar store, and one of them being that it isn't selling well - which supports your claims. But to throw an blanket statement over an entire category because of one poorly developed product isn't exactly wise. I feel that the shot category, like the energy drink run up over the past several years, will continue to be dominated by smaller companies or companies that are strictly focused on energy. Coke, while it does have NOS, isn't agile enough to deliver a fast to market concept or to change direction quickly like some of the smaller companies. I am even willing to throw Monster and RockStar into this 'smaller company' category, although their sales are not small, they don't have the corporate red tape to worry about. These larger companies tend to take many many months to develop, test and launch a product and by that time the growth of a that category has dramatically slowed (or the economy has slowed) and they are left with a ton of inventory that they can't sell because they assumed that because they were this big company that people would buy their product instead of the one the consumer had been choosing.....forcing it to the dollar store.