PDA

View Full Version : Energy Thesis...

studlete
07-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Hello,:eek:

I am doing a summer thesis on product design, manufacturing and marketing. Basically, I am coming up with a product (mine is powdered multi vitamin energy drink...simple :)) and the packaging I will claim to use are either stix(containing powder to mix instantly) or cans. I just have a few questions that I need in order to have an acurate business plan.

What are the initial start up costs for a product like this? Starting locally and starting nationally?

How much does the manufacturer charge for a single unit? (my guess is .33 cents to .70cents?)

What is the minimum unit amount a manufacturer will produce? Like 50,000 units or 100,000?

Hope to hear from everyone!

Thanks!:D

Jon

NRGSLLR55
07-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Hello,:eek:

I am doing a summer thesis on product design, manufacturing and marketing. Basically, I am coming up with a product (mine is powdered multi vitamin energy drink...simple :)) and the packaging I will claim to use are either stix(containing powder to mix instantly) or cans. I just have a few questions that I need in order to have an acurate business plan.

What are the initial start up costs for a product like this? Starting locally and starting nationally?

How much does the manufacturer charge for a single unit? (my guess is .33 cents to .70cents?)

What is the minimum unit amount a manufacturer will produce? Like 50,000 units or 100,000?

Hope to hear from everyone!

Thanks!:D

Jon
The cost depends entirely upon the ingredients in the powder and the packaging, you can find a small run manufacturer, however the cost will typically double. Other than that your assumptions on price are inline with expectations. If you have specific questions PM me.