PDA

View Full Version : West Jefferson

jimsmith117
07-04-2009, 11:06 PM
I had to think up an excuse to be in the area so i did! I enjoyed seeing the sights Grandfather Mountain, The Blowing Rock, but i really wanted to see Highway 163 that being where the Dr.Pepper bottler warehouse is located.It was a long trip from south central Ky,but i wasn't disappointed after getting there.I brought back six cases total.Two Cheerwine,one each of RC,Nehi Orange,Grape and Red Rock.After getting back home i soon realized that i should have gotten more.Sugar makes a bigger difference than i ever imagined.Red Rock and Cheerwine are especially good.I guess when the leaves change color i will be going back.

CitrusCola
07-05-2009, 01:24 PM
I was up there yesterday for the "Christmas in July" event. The warehouse was closed, but I did get to go into the building across from the bottling center. It had quite a few antiques -- old drink machines, signs, bottles, etc. I also saw one room that was packed with wooden crates full of old returnable bottles.

jimsmith117
07-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Are there any bottlers other than Excel that has Ski and Double Cola with sugar in bottles?

Dumas Walker
07-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Jim,
Orca Beverages near Seattle, Washington, bottles Double Cola in glass w/ sugar. That is the only other one I know of. Also, Gem Beverages in Wellston, Ohio distributes Ski in glass w/ sugar (bottled by Excel) to some stores in the Jackson/Wellston area. I know that Jerry's Jamestown Market in Jackson sells them for sure.

Red Rock is indeed better with sugar.

jimsmith117
07-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Jim,
Orca Beverages near Seattle, Washington, bottles Double Cola in glass w/ sugar. That is the only other one I know of. Also, Gem Beverages in Wellston, Ohio distributes Ski in glass w/ sugar (bottled by Excel) to some stores in the Jackson/Wellston area. I know that Jerry's Jamestown Market in Jackson sells them for sure.

Red Rock is indeed better with sugar.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind if I'm ever up that way. Although i like many different sodas, Ski is exceptional.I wonder if Excel Ski would be worth the trip? Very tempting!