PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi Clear

Tannerman
07-09-2009, 12:27 AM
Would there be any reason why Pepsi would have a trademark filing for both "Pepsi Clear" and "Diet Pepsi Clear" dated August 2008 and published December 2008? Seems like a long shot, but unlike the Crystal Pepsi trademarks which are noted as DEAD, these are active.

Yugh
07-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Well with the success of throwback pepsi and Mtn Dew why wouldn't they try to revive something else from the past. Lets hope for a pepsi blue down the line.

The Truth
07-09-2009, 05:47 PM
You are kidding right. Throwback is bombing and being markeddown.

Mr Zabe
07-09-2009, 06:57 PM
You are kidding right. Throwback is bombing and being markeddown. It's sad to see that Pepsi has been missing the "mark".

Android
07-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Well, uhh, Throwback was a limited time product, and it's now 2+ weeks past that period..... and it's sold out around where I'm at.

drpep
07-09-2009, 09:40 PM
No reason to markdown the Throwbacks here. Dew went fast and Pepsi is gone in most stores.

mofizz
07-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Throwback was a huge success in this market. I wouldn't be surprised to see a "clear Pepsi" make a comeback as an LTO. Once agian, i'm sure this would have more a novelty pull.

Tannerman
08-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Some additional thoughts (http://www.bevreview.com/2009/08/11/pepsi-clear-crystal-pepsi/) on the Pepsi Clear speculation. I should also mention that Salute to Soda posted (http://twitter.com/salutetosoda/statuses/3247961559) the following on Twitter today:
We are working on a MAJOR development from one of the big soda companies. Let's just say things are about to get a little more clear.

Yugh
08-12-2009, 03:14 AM
Pepsi clear would make sense coming out the same time as throwback because its old and its clear so it fits in with winter.

fusion
08-12-2009, 07:25 AM
I have a funny feeling that Pepsi Clear won't evoke as many nostalgic memories as real sugar Dew and Pepsi.

And let's hope that Coke doesn't try to bring back Tab Clear, lol.

mjb1124
08-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Yeah, if this wasn't a success the first time, I don't see why it would be now. I don't think the demand for clear sodas has skyrocketed since then. Crystal Pepsi may have a cult following, but I doubt that will be enough to provide good sales. Then again, if it's just a LTO, I suppose it's no worse than some of the other stuff they've come up with (Summer Mix, anyone?). And if they could make it taste closer to regular Pepsi, I might be interested.

UncleBob
08-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Forget Crystal Pepsi... let's bring back Josta. :)

Johnny
08-13-2009, 12:59 AM
Forget Crystal Pepsi... let's bring back Josta. :)

I like the way this guy thinks. Alas, neither shall ever come to pass. I moved on from Josta and I have accepted Guarana Antarctica!

fusion
08-13-2009, 01:52 AM
Bawls is also a good guarana drink, with the added kick of caffeine. I personally like the G33k B33r the best, followed by cherry, and then original. Coke also sold Kuat (their guarana soda from Brazil) in the US for a short while (I found some in northern Virginia that was bottled in Texas). Must have been 2002, that's when BevNet reviewed it.

Kuat Guarana Flavored Soda | Kuat | BevNET.com Product Review + Ordering (http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/kuat/Kuat_Guarana_Flavored_Soda/)

Android
08-13-2009, 11:25 AM
I was in Colorado when Crystal Pepsi was tested, I liked it, and if it were to come back out would probably drink it again if it was something similar to the first Crystal (but not the 2nd version, didn't like it) But I've talked to enough people who, when I mention I used to work for Pepsi, would bring up memories of Crystal Pepsi... and their impressions range all over the place. The worst one was just a month ago, my cousin told me how that stuff was disgusting and how much she hated it.
-Andy

Jim.
08-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Dudes! I had to come back when I heard this. Do you have any idea how excited I am for this!!?!? I'm so excited.

XLS_04
08-14-2009, 01:57 AM
Nothing is official yet though. I just wanted to add that I liked both versions of Crystal Pepsi.