PDA

View Full Version : New Monster Can

MobiusOne
07-13-2009, 05:03 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/mobiusone/IMG_0468.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/mobiusone/IMG_0469.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/mobiusone/IMG_0470.jpg

It tastes a lot smoother, but still like Monster. The color's off, a little brown. 18.6 oz, skinnier than a standard soda can, and a lot taller. The top has this sliding disc much like a picnic salt shaker, allowing for accident-proof transport (i shook it up and it didn't leak).

scum1
07-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Yes I am looking for one of those. It is called Monster import and is made overseas.

jetset
07-20-2009, 12:08 PM
I am not sure of their strategy with this product, it is basically identical to their current Monster product except it is a bit more mellow and doesn't have the bite - functionals and flavor are basically the same. They are spending extra money to have it made in Holland and then shipped back to the USA just to cannibalize their current sales.

fusion
07-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Just arrived in our warehouse (along with a few other new Monster drinks). It hasn't hit the streets yet, so I can't give my impression of it. The can is pretty sharp, though.

scum1
07-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Like? I know there is an apple monster but I thought it was overseas only.

Just arrived in our warehouse (along with a few other new Monster drinks). It hasn't hit the streets yet, so I can't give my impression of it. The can is pretty sharp, though.

fusion
07-20-2009, 10:32 PM
The first is X-Presso Monster, a 6.75oz espresso energy drink designed to compete with Starbucks Doubleshot, as discussed in this letter from the Hansen CEO:

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/HANS/0x0x290698/bc6ca407-4015-4604-bf76-816cf040dbf0/HANS_2008_AR_shareholders%27_letter.pdf

The others are briefly mentioned on the Wikipedia page:

Monster Energy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Energy)

The line is called Nitrous, and they are carbonated with nitrogen. I don't know anything else about them other than what is posted there.

scum1
07-20-2009, 10:40 PM
Now that is a lot of cool info. Just what i needed. Another reason to randomly stop at stores looking for the new monsters. You get the strangest looks from the clerks when you come in look and leave empty handed.

MobiusOne
07-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Now that is a lot of cool info. Just what i needed. Another reason to randomly stop at stores looking for the new monsters. You get the strangest looks from the clerks when you come in look and leave empty handed.

yea, i'm always afraid they'll think i stole something.

scum1
07-21-2009, 07:37 PM
It took 3 tries( and a lot of funny looks from clerks) but I found all the new nitrous drinks and the import. Reviews on my site will be forthcoming over the next 3 or 4 days. O and the Nitrous are carbonated with Nitrous not nitrogen and come in 12 oz cans with screw off lids.

fusion
07-22-2009, 05:07 AM
Someone should correct the Wiki page then. Don't those A&W and Sunkist floats also have some nitrous in them?

fusion
07-22-2009, 05:26 AM
Oh, and I know our guys are having a special meeting about the new flavors on Friday, so they should be hitting the streets next week.

scum1
07-22-2009, 10:32 AM
Can says Nitrous and Carbon dioxide. Ingredients say nitrogenated water? Not sure which it is. Got my first review up of the new Monster Nitrous line. Very interesting stuff

Someone should correct the Wiki page then. Don't those A&W and Sunkist floats also have some nitrous in them?

jetset
07-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Can says Nitrous and Carbon dioxide. Ingredients say nitrogenated water? Not sure which it is. Got my first review up of the new Monster Nitrous line. Very interesting stuff

Monster has several new products coming out with that technology. The resealable products are made with a mixture of carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide and the coffee is made with just nitrous oxide.

jetset
07-23-2009, 03:30 PM

Yeah - the A&W & Sunkist products contain a mixture of the two gases.

energy-collector
07-23-2009, 04:27 PM
We have a opposite to your "Monster Import" here in Sweden,"Monster Export"

http://www.smxdrinks.se/images/MonsterExport.gif

jetset
07-24-2009, 12:33 PM
We have a opposite to your "Monster Import" here in Sweden,"Monster Export"

http://www.smxdrinks.se/images/MonsterExport.gif

I have tried that product, pretty good but not much different than their 'normal' Monster - nice package though, classier than a can.

Acheron
07-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Saw one of these the other day and got it instead of my usual afternoon Monster Lo-Carb.

It's Monster. And I'm not sure I'm that hot for the new resealable top - I much prefer the twist cap that they use on the 24oz size.

MobiusOne
07-25-2009, 02:58 AM
i want! where can i find it?

likepie
07-25-2009, 06:51 AM
im with mobius

i went to 5 stores today looking for them

2 walmarts 7-11 albertsons exxon

and nothing!

edit: info on both nitrous and import would be appreciated

2nd edit: im up to 5 exxons, 3 wal-marts, 2 shells, 2 finas, 7-11, target, walgreens, and cvs

still nothing

fusion
07-25-2009, 10:01 PM
They just may not be out in your area yet. Our guys started selling them in on Friday, for Tuesday deliveries. It may take a week or two before they hit the stores in your area. Look in small stores like 7-11 and such before big chain stores. I know they don't scan at Wal-Mart around here (I checked), which means they aren't in their system yet.

fusion
07-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Monster has several new products coming out with that technology. The resealable products are made with a mixture of carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide and the coffee is made with just nitrous oxide.

Thanks for the correction.

likepie
07-26-2009, 03:06 AM
thanks fusion

thats kinda what i figured

after todays failure i decided to give it a week before i go crazy again

E-Ratings
07-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Have yet to see the new ones in my area eiter... Kind of dissapointed, I would like to try the new flavors out.

MobiusOne
08-02-2009, 03:51 AM
I got hold of "Anti-Gravity" and "Super Dry" Monster Nitrous-es the other day, along with "Hammer" X-Presso. They are all delicious. I had all three in a 12 hour period, and I was up all night. Good stuff!

Buscemi's party store, Utica, MI

jetset
08-03-2009, 09:20 AM
I got hold of "Anti-Gravity" and "Super Dry" Monster Nitrous-es the other day, along with "Hammer" X-Presso. They are all delicious. I had all three in a 12 hour period, and I was up all night. Good stuff!

Buscemi's party store, Utica, MI

how much did you pay for each of them?

MobiusOne
08-04-2009, 02:34 AM
1.99, the drinks are 12oz, coffee 8

scum1
08-04-2009, 04:43 PM
So is Hammer going to be the only X-presso drink or will there be more released later? I had heard there were 3

jetset
08-05-2009, 09:20 AM
So is Hammer going to be the only X-presso drink or will there be more released later? I had heard there were 3

Hammer is the only Nitrous coffee drink at this time but I am sure they will make line extensions if it sells well. There are 3 CO2/N2O products that are in the core Monster line - they are in 12oz screw top cans.

scum1
08-05-2009, 04:02 PM
I actually reviewed all the new Nitrous drinks a week ago. I have the Hammer up next. For some reason I thought there were going to be several new x presso drinks though. Thanks for the info! By the way the Killer B is my favorite but most people don't like it for some reason.

Hammer is the only Nitrous coffee drink at this time but I am sure they will make line extensions if it sells well. There are 3 CO2/N2O products that are in the core Monster line - they are in 12oz screw top cans.

fusion
08-05-2009, 06:18 PM
One of the guys I work with sampled Killer B, he swears it tastes like beer.

I have yet to find any of them in any store. It's getting frustrating. And I've been checking to see if they are authorized in any of the chain stores on my route - no go.

scum1
08-05-2009, 08:16 PM
I have heard several people compare it to beer. Really it might be close to say a honey wheat beer but only a little. It taste to me most like a honey flavor. As for tasting like regular beer I don't get that. I like beer but until I heard that from others the thought never crossed my mind when i was drinking it.

I have yet to find any of them in any store. It's getting frustrating. And I've been checking to see if they are authorized in any of the chain stores on my route - no go.

jetset
08-06-2009, 09:36 AM
I have heard several people compare it to beer. Really it might be close to say a honey wheat beer but only a little. It taste to me most like a honey flavor. As for tasting like regular beer I don't get that. I like beer but until I heard that from others the thought never crossed my mind when i was drinking it.

I wonder if it isn't necessarily the taste that drives them to think of beer but rather the blended gas of the product that drives it to be more like beer than a carbonated product. I can see how the CO2/N2O mix could drive the product to become more creamy and reminiscent of a beer (eg Guiness). You know though, I don't know how many times I have read a review of a product and thought that they were way off on the description of the flavor, when I KNOW that the flavor is indeed something else - it often seems like the color drives people to pick a flavor - so if it is green it must be apple-like, golden yellow and blended gas, must be a honey beer.

fusion
08-09-2009, 05:37 PM
So far I've found Killer B and Anti-Gravity. I had the Anti-Gravity this morning, it was a nice change from a typical energy drink. I liked the foam and the interesting mouth feel of the product.

BigBird
08-09-2009, 11:42 PM

I'm not suprised your co-worker said Killer B tastes like beer; that's exactly what I thought too. Whatever it is I can't say I'm a fan of it. I haven't had many drinks as bad as this which is really suprising for Monster since Assault is one of my all-time favs.

francoenergy99
08-10-2009, 06:25 PM
I just bought the new moster import it's awesome!!! swivel cap to soooo awesome!

DudeMan
09-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Anyone know for sure that these contain Nitrous Oxide and not just Nitrogen?

Any idea why Killer B has been recalled?

scum1
09-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Killer B was recalled?

fusion
09-16-2009, 06:41 PM
I don't think it was recalled, as much as it was just pulled off the market. I still see it in some stores. Probably quality control or ingredients, from what I hear Mr. Sacks isn't happy with the taste of the Nitrous drinks, so we should probably expect a shortage while they adjust the formulas.

scum1
09-16-2009, 08:53 PM
I loved the Killer B and the Anti gravity was pretty good as well. The Super Dry was just ok though. If they get reformulated let us know so I can get the new formula to try.

jetset
09-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Anyone know for sure that these contain Nitrous Oxide and not just Nitrogen?

Any idea why Killer B has been recalled?

They contain Nitrous Oxide.

I believe it was recalled because they weren't happy with the way it tasted, nothing for a safety reason.

fusion
09-21-2009, 07:20 PM
Apparently I was misinformed (I hate that, because I don't like spreading misinformation). Only Killer-B was pulled. The other two are back in stock in our warehouse. Obviously not enough time to reformulate them. Also, other Monster distributors who received their initial shipment of Nitrous after we did did not get Killer-B at all.

scum1
09-21-2009, 08:30 PM
I never thought the others got recalled only the Killer B(which was my favorite). Thanks for your input. I appreciate your inside info always.

Apparently I was misinformed (I hate that, because I don't like spreading misinformation). Only Killer-B was pulled. The other two are back in stock in our warehouse. Obviously not enough time to reformulate them. Also, other Monster distributors who received their initial shipment of Nitrous after we did did not get Killer-B at all.

fusion
09-21-2009, 08:38 PM
No, someone had told me that production on all three was on hold while they were being reformulated. Only Killer-B had actually been removed from stores. The other two we just ran out of a few weeks ago, and never got back in until today.

Hopefully they get Killer-B to taste right.

scum1
09-21-2009, 08:48 PM
I want to make sure and try the new formulation